Author Topic: Keeping Real warm  (Read 2295 times)

grumpymoe

Keeping Real warm
« on: Mar 22, 2006, 07:00 PM »
I am one of the group of diehard and experienced outdoor anglers that think they know everything about keeping warm.....yadda yadda....yeah sure....always one to dress the torso in good layers to keep warm....not a problem.....but what most of us forget to do, is keep your head warm...25% or more heat loss is through your head.....try this....put on a good balaclava....(one that is knitted)....you're going to get alot of frost buildup on colder days....but let me tell you....you'll be amazed at just how hot the rest of your body will get just by doing this one thing....Grump....gett ing older...getting smarter... ;D

Offline bushbunny

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • He who has the gold makes the rules!!!
Re: Keeping Real warm
« Reply #1 on: Mar 26, 2006, 06:49 PM »
Old saying, "if your feet are cold, cover your head."  Works wonders for your body!!!!

Offline icy mike

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Nope!
« Reply #2 on: Sep 23, 2006, 02:30 PM »
Couldn't agree with you more, Grump.  I always bring 3-4 different hats with me while fishing.  I have a fur Russian hat (yeah, like in the movies) for the real cold days, a fleece lined wool hat for the moderate days, any insulated ball cap style with ear flaps for the warmed days, and the blaze orange stocking cap just because... 

Icy Mike

Offline zooker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Sep 23, 2006, 06:08 PM »
90% of your heat loss is thru your head. i like a knit hat -we call them boggins- then a hood of some kind..

yeah yeah i know i live down south..." it don't get cold here" <-this is bull..i work outside for a living rain,sleet,snow plus the heat of summer.. the south has a damp miserable cold that seeps in and won't quite.. trust me i am bundled up just as much as you all are the temp may only be 20 degrees above.

zooker
cranked by optima pushed by powertech in a word YAMAHA..

Offline Redbeard1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Sep 24, 2006, 01:49 PM »
I love my "Mad Trapper" hat!  toasty all day long!
PATRICK

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
« Reply #5 on: Sep 24, 2006, 06:42 PM »
I always pack a back up toque, the gloves and layers may come off from time to time buy you will be hard pressed to find me without a toque

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.