Author Topic: Best Ice Deals!! Lets hear em!  (Read 1699848 times)

Offline piersm2

• Team IceShanty Regular
Minnesconsin born and raised

Offline Damn Yankee

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
Re: Best Ice Deals!! Lets hear em!
« Reply #3212 on: Sep 09, 2018, 09:51 AM »
Leave Some For Seed

Offline piersm2

• Team IceShanty Regular

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3216 on: Sep 10, 2018, 12:57 PM »
I thought $304 was a deal. Have you seen them for less? It is the Insulated one.
<===Lefty===

Offline Royalwapiti

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3217 on: Sep 10, 2018, 01:25 PM »
I paid $279 insulated, no tax, free shipping 18 months ago.  Used it once last year, thought it would be better than my Clam Nanook, but it isn't to me...It will sit until I need room for 3 people. 

Can't remember where I bought it but it was off season mail order.
You can't get the fruit if you don't go out on the limb.

Offline kayl

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3218 on: Sep 10, 2018, 05:18 PM »
Of course this deal starts right after I bought 2 9aH Milwaukee batteries and committed to Milwaukee...
Buy the Ridgid 9aH starter kit for $199.99 (https://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-18-Volt-9-0-Ah-Lithium-Ion-Battery-Starter-Kit-AC801/304740781), get the new 1300 in/pound Ridgid hammer drill free! (https://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-18-Volt-GEN5X-1-2-in-Brushless-Octane-Hammer-Drill-Tool-Only-R8611506B/304304102)

An update on this deal. I ended up ordering a few of the 9aH battery kits in order to see if they were eligible for the Lifetime Service Agreement. Long story short, Home Depot had bad info and the kits are eligible for the LSA. IMO, this makes going with Ridgid at the current deal price well worth it for the battery replacement down the road.

Onto the best deal. Let's say you want 2 9aH batteries and the hammer drill. When Home Depot does buy something, get something free, they prorate the prices of both items and have no issues what-so-ever with you returning the unwanted item. So, add 1 of the battery starter kits and one of the $149 bare tools to your cart and the end result is that the kit is prorated to $113.80 and the tool to $85.20. Go through with your purchase and return the unwanted tool at your leisure, resulting in a price of $113.80+tax for 1- 9aH battery + charger that are eligible for the LSA.  Buy another 9aH battery kit and the hammer drill and you're at $312.80+ tax for a 1300in/# hammer drill, 2 9aH batteries, & 2 chargers, all with the lifetime service agreement.

On the flipside, if you're already in the Ridgid ecosystem and only want the bare drill, buy it and a 9aH starter kit for $199, return the starter kit and you'll get the drill with LSA for about $80+tax.

Please note that the drill should be available on the Home Depot website sometime in the next few weeks. The "buy the 9aH starter kit, get a bare tool free" deal runs though October 30th, so no rush.

Offline rdhammah

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3219 on: Sep 10, 2018, 05:46 PM »
An update on this deal. I ended up ordering a few of the 9aH battery kits in order to see if they were eligible for the Lifetime Service Agreement. Long story short, Home Depot had bad info and the kits are eligible for the LSA. IMO, this makes going with Ridgid at the current deal price well worth it for the battery replacement down the road.

Onto the best deal. Let's say you want 2 9aH batteries and the hammer drill. When Home Depot does buy something, get something free, they prorate the prices of both items and have no issues what-so-ever with you returning the unwanted item. So, add 1 of the battery starter kits and one of the $149 bare tools to your cart and the end result is that the kit is prorated to $113.80 and the tool to $85.20. Go through with your purchase and return the unwanted tool at your leisure, resulting in a price of $113.80+tax for 1- 9aH battery + charger that are eligible for the LSA.  Buy another 9aH battery kit and the hammer drill and you're at $312.80+ tax for a 1300in/# hammer drill, 2 9aH batteries, & 2 chargers, all with the lifetime service agreement.

On the flipside, if you're already in the Ridgid ecosystem and only want the bare drill, buy it and a 9aH starter kit for $199, return the starter kit and you'll get the drill with LSA for about $80+tax.

Please note that the drill should be available on the Home Depot website sometime in the next few weeks. The "buy the 9aH starter kit, get a bare tool free" deal runs though October 30th, so no rush.
My head hurts (LOL)

Offline TheCrappieFisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3220 on: Sep 10, 2018, 10:04 PM »
I thought $304 was a deal. Have you seen them for less? It is the Insulated one.

Yeah I have seen them for much less. Here's two places who's normal price is under $300.
http://www.landmsupply.com/department/sporting-goods/ice-fishing/fish-houses/hub-style/eskimo-fatfish-949i-insulated-pop-up-portable-ice-shelter?utm_source=google&utm_medium=shopping&utm_campaign=google_base&gclid=CjwKCAjwrNjcBRA3EiwAIIOvq74VvUrE5PMLWMvTrTTtM-0uLmuR7pCQ92MGaBIbd-TRDp0R3q7woBoCH8gQAvD_BwE
http://www.marinegeneral.com/productdetails.asp?productid=1645637&directoryid=11506&parentid=10950

At the St. Paul ice show last year you could get one for like $250 plus a eskimo sweatshirt. But you should be able to get close or under $250 online once places start running sales.

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3221 on: Sep 11, 2018, 07:25 AM »
A PSA for anyone who might be interested in a 2017-18 (last year's) Otter flip over.  Cabelas has both the XT Resort and XT Cabin still in stock with limited quantities.  The XT Resort is already marked down $200 to $799.  I expect Cabelas to really slash prices on both of these shacks any day now, but the shipping charges are ridiculous.  The way to beat the shipping charges is to have it shipped free to the nearest store.  You can score a major steal on one of these flips if you have a store within driving distance.  I am keeping a close eye on these as Cabelas does this every year right about now with the previous year's models.

If the above interests you, please set up a notification on this thread by clicking 'NOTIFY' at the top right center or bottom right center of the thread.  These shacks will move like hot cakes as soon as Cabelas marks them down.

Will advise, but if anyone else catches this deal before I do, please post asap for your fellow Shantiers!

DN

PS.  Glen's still has the Otter XT Pro Lodge and XT Cottage in stock and L & M Fleet still has the XT Pro Resort still in stock.  I'm watching these also, but without the 'Ship to Store' option, the freight is still a significant drawback.
DON'T DILLY DALLY!!!   ;D

Polar Bird 3T, Eskimo EVO 1it
8" K-Drill, 8" Nils Arctic Trekker, Milwaukee Mud Mixer, Milwaukee 2704-22, Clam Plate, Adapters to make everything work with everything. lol
Marcum LX-7s (2) Dakota Lithium powered

Offline DTro

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3222 on: Sep 11, 2018, 07:55 AM »
That's good info DN!

I'm looking for an Otter hub (XTH Pro)  if you happen to come acroos anything, please post it here.  I'm guessing the pre season shows will have the best deals on these?  (without having to wait until Spring)

Offline piersm2

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3223 on: Sep 11, 2018, 08:37 AM »

Sooo what’s the best deal if I want just 1 9ah kit and the new drill??  Haha

Offline kayl

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3224 on: Sep 11, 2018, 12:12 PM »
Sooo what’s the best deal if I want just 1 9ah kit and the new drill??  Haha

Simplest is to just buy the 9ah kit and get the new drill free and you're at $199+tax. If you're desperate to save about $7, buy a 9ah kit with one of the $149 retail bare tools and return that bare tool, then buy the hammer drill with another 9ah kit and return that kit. No really worth the time. :)
I played around with the bluetooth app on my phone and it seems pretty neat. It will give you a low storage temperature warning on the phone if appropriate. Once it gets cold out I'll take the battery outside and see when I get the warning. It would be good to know the temp that Ridgid says batteries should be kept above.

Offline DaveSS1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3225 on: Sep 11, 2018, 08:27 PM »
Walmart.com has hummingbird ice-35 flasher for $214 with free ship to store. Good deal on a basic unit. Have used mine for many years.

Offline ajv5148

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Team Treehouse
« Reply #3226 on: Sep 11, 2018, 10:06 PM »
any deals on climber treestands? not the  best time of year for a deal obviously, but I can never convince myself to pull the trigger. <$100

Offline FishGut

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3227 on: Sep 11, 2018, 10:20 PM »
FWIW - Menards has 8 inch Ion electric augers on sale at $449, plus a $50 rebate
Nebraska certified Fishing Instructor

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3228 on: Sep 11, 2018, 10:22 PM »
any deals on climber treestands? not the  best time of year for a deal obviously, but I can never convince myself to pull the trigger. <$100

Dunhams sports in michigan   has the primal Vulcan steel climber $89.99 in our local paper add last sunday.. 300 lb capacity includes full body saftey harness.. at a $30 savings

Offline ajv5148

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Team Treehouse
« Reply #3229 on: Sep 12, 2018, 05:14 AM »

Dunhams sports in michigan   has the primal Vulcan steel climber $89.99 in our local paper add last sunday.. 300 lb capacity includes full body saftey harness.. at a $30 savings
I may be near a Dunhams this weekend, thanks!

Offline kayl

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3232 on: Sep 12, 2018, 07:58 PM »
While I bought a soft water reel, I'm sure guys can find ice stuff to buy...American Legacy Fishing has 20% off orders up  to $250 with code FALL20%

Just ordered a Curado DC!  :thumbsup:

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3233 on: Sep 13, 2018, 06:54 AM »
I'm posting this with some trepidation, but here goes...  Overton's (I know, I know) is clearancing the last of their stock of 2018 Striker Ice apparel and today there is an additional 15% off (no minimum) with code FALLPREP.  This makes for some REALLY NICE BUYS.

Caution to IS newbies - Overton's is infamous for overselling (selling stuff that they have run out of inventory of) and cancelling orders without any warning.  Be advised.

https://www.overtons.com/fishing/ice-fishing/ice-fishing-apparel-footwear/ice-fishing-outerwear

DN       

8" K-Drill, 8" Nils Arctic Trekker, Milwaukee Mud Mixer, Milwaukee 2704-22, Clam Plate, Adapters to make everything work with everything. lol

Offline Herms

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3234 on: Sep 13, 2018, 11:17 AM »
I'm posting this with some trepidation, but here goes...  Overton's (I know, I know) is clearancing the last of their stock of 2018 Striker Ice apparel and today there is an additional 15% off (no minimum) with code FALLPREP.  This makes for some REALLY NICE BUYS.

Caution to IS newbies - Overton's is infamous for overselling (selling stuff that they have run out of inventory of) and cancelling orders without any warning.  Be advised.

https://www.overtons.com/fishing/ice-fishing/ice-fishing-apparel-footwear/ice-fishing-outerwear

DN     

Well I took the plunge with Overton's again..... Maybe I'm a fool and this will prove it put the deal was too good not to try.  Ended up with the climate bibs and predator coat for $320 shipped.

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3235 on: Sep 13, 2018, 11:34 AM »
Well I took the plunge with Overton's again..... Maybe I'm a fool and this will prove it put the deal was too good not to try.  Ended up with the climate bibs and predator coat for $320 shipped.

Good luck man!  I hope you're one of the lucky ones this time around!  It's not really a tragedy having an order cancelled, but it is royally disappointing and aggravating especially after you've patted yourself on the back for scoring a great deal.

I've said for years that float suits or life preservers to ice fish should be just as mandatory by law as life preservers are on the boat, or seat belts are in a car.  It's just common sense, and could save your life.  Always happy to see another member join the ranks of those that will float.

Keep us posted.

DN

Offline Herms

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3236 on: Sep 13, 2018, 11:51 AM »
Agreed on the floating suits especially if your are a early or late ice person.  Ya I've been stung multiple times on companies taking back sales or "claiming" issues with accountability systems so we will see what happens.  More so planning on it not going through and will be excited if it actually does. 

Offline Ice Surveyor

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fishing is Life.
« Reply #3237 on: Sep 13, 2018, 06:15 PM »

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3238 on: Sep 15, 2018, 10:06 AM »
Daiwa Tatula LT 1000 - $130.99  For those who are looking for an upper crust, ultra-light reel at a bargain basement price, this is your reel.  At 5.8 oz., it’s as light as anybody else’s 500 series reel.  This is a very nice, upper end spinning reel at its lowest price ever.  I have two CI4+ 1000 Stradics in my arsenal, but would happily fish one of these.  I’m having a hard time talking myself out of grabbing one.  At ~$70-$80 less than a CI4+ and ~$40-$50 less than a standard Stradic,  this is a steal.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B077SNQJW6?psc=1

DN

Offline J.J.K.

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3239 on: Sep 16, 2018, 08:22 PM »
I just wanted to say you guys are awesome. Joined just to subscribe to this thread.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.