Author Topic: Hit the big lake today  (Read 2364 times)

Offline Digs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Hit the big lake today
« on: Mar 14, 2019, 06:37 PM »
Fished with a great bunch of people yesterday on winni everyone got a laker or two but me. I missed two hits and got plenty of fun sized yellows. So I went back today for a quick redemption trip. Drove an hour fished for two and drove home. Walking wasn't terrible. Bounced around a bit and marked a few fish. This one hit a tiny tungsten jig head with a green paddletail.

Every fish is a good fish!

Offline SHaRPS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Honor Respect Loyalty
Re: Hit the big lake today
« Reply #1 on: Mar 15, 2019, 06:05 AM »
Nice work Digs. I am driving up 3 hours in the pouring rain tonight after work for just a few hours of fishing tomorrow. I too am hoping to get on some fish.
Just add water.

Offline Arctic Addict

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Flagggg!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: Mar 15, 2019, 04:49 PM »
Nice work, how was the ice surface?  I'm heading up Sunday to fish and trying to decide between a sled or a wheeler?
"Hope" is not a good fishing strategy!

Offline Digs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Mar 15, 2019, 05:50 PM »
Nice work, how was the ice surface?  I'm heading up Sunday to fish and trying to decide between a sled or a wheeler?
Yesterday wasn't that bad. The snow cover got soft throughout the day. I saw a wheeler pulling a shack and it looked like it was struggling a bit. Today in Madison it was a sloppy mess. Supposed to get cold tomorrow night again and not be as warm Sunday so hard to tell.

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #4 on: Mar 15, 2019, 05:55 PM »
Nice redemption trip bud!
You count your years by the Winters.

It’s not being Cocky if you can back it up.

Offline Digs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Mar 15, 2019, 06:12 PM »
Nice redemption trip bud!

Thanks! I plan on hitting winni a bunch next week if anyone is around. I'll be out pretty much from 10 until 2.

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #6 on: Mar 15, 2019, 06:16 PM »
Damn! I’ve been back to work and contributing to society since the 4th or I’d be all over that!
You count your years by the Winters.

It’s not being Cocky if you can back it up.

Offline Digs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Mar 15, 2019, 06:44 PM »
Damn! I’ve been back to work and contributing to society since the 4th or I’d be all over that!
I've got until the end of the month until I start to contribute to society regularly. Until then fish on

Offline SALMONEMIA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Mar 15, 2019, 06:51 PM »
Way to try again. Walking will be easy after today. Good luck out there. I haven't even jigged up a laker this year been busy chasing wp and other species.
Salmonemia

Offline Digs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Mar 15, 2019, 07:28 PM »
Way to try again. Walking will be easy after today. Good luck out there. I haven't even jigged up a laker this year been busy chasing wp and other species.
I haven't gotten any winni whites this season yet hoping to get on them soon.

Offline SHaRPS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #10 on: Mar 15, 2019, 10:25 PM »
I am up here now and its a bit sloppy. About 15" black with 4" of wet slop but definitely manageable. Ill be using the wheeler tomorrow. Went on a foot.mission an hour ago to set my cusk traps and saw some vehicles out there. Hoping to get into some whites and lakers tomorrow.
Just add water.

Offline zwiggles

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Mar 16, 2019, 08:03 AM »
I am up here now and its a bit sloppy. About 15" black with 4" of wet slop but definitely manageable. Ill be using the wheeler tomorrow. Went on a foot.mission an hour ago to set my cusk traps and saw some vehicles out there. Hoping to get into some whites and lakers tomorrow.

Good luck!

Offline Arctic Addict

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Flagggg!!!!!
« Reply #12 on: Mar 17, 2019, 07:00 PM »
Hit the big lake today, bounced around a bit with a buddy.  4 Lakers (cookie cutters) we're jigged up and a White.  The fish needed a little finesse today to find them.  We drilled a lot of holes and had the Bird & Vex in overdrive.  Nothing taken on Smelt, Shiners or Sucker.  Great day overall travel was good for either a wheeler or a sled.
"Hope" is not a good fishing strategy!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.