The ice fishing Wisconsin boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Where to fish Sheboygan area  (Read 724 times)

Offline Sir ION

• IceShanty Rookie
Where to fish Sheboygan area
« on: Feb 07, 2017, 07:37 PM »
Hi, from Michigan, visited Sheboygan last weekend, and might go back next weekend.  Was hoping to bring my gear and try for some pike and/or pan fish.  Anyone know of any good lakes around the area that would be worth giving a try? I also have some family around the Waukesha area too. As I was driving near Downtown Sheboygan, I went by a bridge near (I think) Kiwanis Park?  But there was a shanty down there and it looked like they were using what looked like slammer rigs or something, not sure what they were fishing for?  Any tips would be appreciated.   Thank you!

Offline bigmike7272

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Where to fish Sheboygan area
« Reply #1 on: Feb 07, 2017, 09:01 PM »
They were more than likely targeting steelies. As far as lakes to fish for panfish or pike I'd try the Elkhart lakes more towards plymouth. I'very fished little Elkhart and you can keep busy chasing flags for pike, nothing really big though.

Tell me and I'll forget. Show me and I'll remember some of it. Involve me and I will have lifetime knowledge.

-Anomymous

Offline Sir ION

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 11, 2017, 07:57 PM »
Thank you for being the only person to respond.  I will look into the Elkhart lake area.  Not sure if other people are tight lipped or what?  I'm there next Saturday and Sunday and probably won't be back.  Most likely will catch and release too.  Just thought I'd fish while the Wife is going over to Sheboygan for work.  Thanks again for the information!!

Offline FilletShow

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 12, 2017, 11:40 AM »
Not from that area, so I'm not sure about tight lipped people, but I would assume that a lot of folks head to Green Bay for the action there...or Winnebago.  Mir also want to try lake-link.com, as that site has way more individual lake reports, and is frequented by wisconsinites more than IS.

Good luck

FS

Offline Sir ION

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 12, 2017, 12:27 PM »
Thank you, I will check it out.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.