Author Topic: OK I'm impressed!!  (Read 1799 times)

Offline Hoserman

• Team IceShanty Regular
OK I'm impressed!!
« on: Jan 26, 2023, 12:54 PM »
I have the Buddy heater and it worked real well last year. I came across the videos of using a paint roller grid for a heat tray to put a wood stove fan on. I bought one today and tried it out in the house of course but was blown away at how well this works. I have learned so much from being on this forum. That should had outta heat up my shack quite well. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Tried ice fishing with Dynamite, UGH... where's my shanty?

Offline Brian VT

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: OK I'm impressed!!
« Reply #1 on: Jan 26, 2023, 01:15 PM »
Some of them (all of them?) you can use the front guard/grille the same way instead of bringing the paint roller thing.
You'd be giving up that safety factor though.

Offline billybob851

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 26, 2023, 01:38 PM »
I have the Buddy heater and it worked real well last year. I came across the videos of using a paint roller grid for a heat tray to put a wood stove fan on. I bought one today and tried it out in the house of course but was blown away at how well this works. I have learned so much from being on this forum. That should had outta heat up my shack quite well. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

wait until you figure out you can throw a small pan or tin foil on that with some food in it!!!!! nothing like hot food/drinks while ice fishing

Offline Hoserman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 26, 2023, 02:14 PM »
Oh yeah. I was out on the lake last year and all you could smell was brats. And all I had was a cold sandwich. Ain't gonna happen no more. ;)2

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #4 on: Jan 26, 2023, 02:42 PM »
I got Lakco Grate last season ..works well and stays hot for quite a while ..yes its pricey but it is very stable ...even with a cast iron pan . The Galvanized paint roller great just did not seem appealing or stable for my comfort.

https://kmdainc.com/Heat-Stream-Cooking-Grate_p_1172.html
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline perch chacer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 26, 2023, 02:53 PM »
There is a lot of good useable info given on this site.

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShantyholic
  • LX5 or die...maybe extra battery.
« Reply #6 on: Jan 26, 2023, 03:04 PM »
I've just heard about people using the pain roller grid.  I had always just use an oven baking/cooling rack.  Cuz it fits.
For more information read my MN nice journal

Offline POk3s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gettin' JGGY with it!
« Reply #7 on: Jan 26, 2023, 03:40 PM »
I’m just impressed you have a buddy heater that works ;)
Trent Williams
When hell freezes over, I’ll ice fish there too!

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8 on: Jan 26, 2023, 03:56 PM »
I’m just impressed you have a buddy heater that works ;)

I have an circa late 1990s Portable Buddy ...that is Awesome ...did a lil maintenance on it last season as I broke the knob ..so vacuumed the tiles and cleaned the pilot..lil TLC helped .My newer Big Buddy and Portable buddy have very sensitive tip over switches and O2 sensors Both of the newer ones need to be level . My older one not so much . I also have a Little Buddy... that one had some thermocouple/pilot issue out of the box..I was able to move the thermocouple a smidge and that seemed to do the trick . Mr Heater changed the tip over switch ..it now makes a clunking noise if moved from side to side . These things are slammed together...tralel on a boat ...in a truck ..things are bound to move and get loosened up .   
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #9 on: Jan 26, 2023, 04:19 PM »
Hotdogs and pork n beans in an aluminum tin is great. 
 Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches rapped in foil for breakfast..
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline E Z turn

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Jan 27, 2023, 09:23 AM »
Hot Ham and Cheese. Oh my.
Oops! is too late.

Offline Hoserman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Jan 27, 2023, 12:09 PM »
HAHA yep we all know how good food cooked outside smells. The only thing that should NOT be cooked outside out of fairness is bacon. Five minutes after you start cooking it, there would be a drooling crowd right outside your shack. :woot:

Offline vaughan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Jan 27, 2023, 02:06 PM »
I have the small Mr Heater with the round top, anyone made something for cooking with these?   Like the idea of something warm to eat while out there.
Thanks

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.