Author Topic: Rubber insulated boots vs. Pac boot please help!  (Read 50902 times)

Offline noelaar

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Rubber insulated boots vs. Pac boot please help!
« Reply #30 on: Dec 18, 2012, 06:42 AM »
Thank you all for the information ill be researching all the suggestions! We'll be out there on Christmas the weather is looking good after friday in the ADK  :tipup: :icefish:
Gimme 2 1/2 inches and ill be out there.

Offline mike304

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #31 on: Dec 18, 2012, 08:01 AM »
Like many of the others said, you can't beat the Mucks. Not only do I use them for fishing, I wear them for work almost every day. One of the most comfortable boots I have ever owned. I have, on several occasions, had to walk 2-5 miles through the woods wearing them. they are awesome.
A Government big enough to do anything for us is powerful enough to do anything to us!!!
All That Is Needed For Evil To Succeed Is For Good Men To Do Nothing!
Life is Tough, Its even tougher if you're Stupid!!

Offline upstate bass2

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Dec 18, 2012, 08:58 AM »
I have had Muck Arctic Sports for 5 years and love them. Light comfortable and warm enough for me.  I have fished in 10'' of  slush all day and stayed warm and dry. You won't regret buying them.  You will wonder how you fished without them.

Offline Irish Jigger

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #33 on: Dec 18, 2012, 11:55 AM »
I swiched to lacross burlys a couple years ago and I think they work great. The only problem I had was cold creeping in through the sole from standing on the ice so I cut an old felt boot liner and made inserts to help insulate the bottom of my foot. Another thing I noticed is if the walk is tough and my feet sweat they would get cold when I stopped to sit and fish. To remedy that a good pair of polypropelene socks under my wool socks will wick the moisture away.

Offline drfhaha123

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #34 on: Dec 18, 2012, 01:00 PM »
MUCKS  awesome,hanksclothing.com best prices

Offline namkcolmeh

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #35 on: Dec 18, 2012, 03:25 PM »
I have LaCrosse boots also. Work well, but heavy. Muck boots do not work for me even in early bow season. :tipup:
Life is short, I got plenty time to sleep when I die!

Offline hesseltine32

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yelling at the fish on my screen
« Reply #36 on: Dec 18, 2012, 03:49 PM »
I have a pair of cabela's inferno pack boots i look them much more them my rubber boots.

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #37 on: Dec 18, 2012, 03:59 PM »
I have been a pacboot guy all my life and love the Baffin Expeditions....   They are great but a little heavy...   I just got a pair of Muck Arctic Pros that i cant wait to try out....  They are 1/3 the weight of the Baffin's...
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline adkwiley

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #38 on: Dec 18, 2012, 06:01 PM »
i wear Bogs.  Same thing as mucks for the most part with 100% satisfaction guarantee.  Great customer service.  I complained about teh camp rubbing off one pair i had and they sent me out a brand new pair the next day and let me keep the old ones no questions asked.  I just recently picked up their blaze 1000's rated to -65.  Very light and comfortable as well as waterproof.

Offline IceBalls

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I FISH BECAUSE THE VOICES IN MY HEAD TELL ME TO!!
« Reply #39 on: Dec 18, 2012, 11:15 PM »
If you don't mind spending $250  to  $300 or more for a pair of boots.....that's fine   BUT   No matter how much money you spend, you will never find a better pair of boots to keep your feet WARM & DRY  than MICKEY MOUSE BOOTS  (by Bada).
After more than fifty (yes, 50 ) years on the ice, I will never wear any other boot for warmth, comfort, and dryness.

PS....MICKEY MOUSE BOOTS CAN BE BOUGHT FOR ABOUT $35 TO $40 DOLLARS !!!!  Spend the rest of your money on a nice dinner out for you and the wife (or GF).

Offline Icefisher40

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Missing the U.P
« Reply #40 on: Dec 18, 2012, 11:33 PM »
Love my Trans Alaskans!

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #41 on: Dec 19, 2012, 05:23 AM »
micky mouses  for  me!

Offline stripermancl

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #42 on: Dec 19, 2012, 10:17 AM »
lacross alpha i had for 6 years now not one problem only use them for iceing there are 130 bucks rated mi 100 below .very good boot pac 

Offline PACKERBACKER

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Retired
« Reply #43 on: Dec 19, 2012, 03:05 PM »
I have an old pair of Sorels that were made in Canada and I still use them all the time. You do need to seal them once a year and I've never had them leak. I also have Trans-Alaskas but find them a little hard to walk in. However, they are warm.
Winners don't know they're in a race.

They just like to run.

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yakity yak yak, yakity yak yak
« Reply #44 on: Dec 19, 2012, 07:22 PM »
My feet are always cold. I have a set of LL bean Maine hunting boots that I've had for over 25 years (whew). When I wear them, my feet are warm and toasty.  They are still waterproof despite the fact that I've never treated them.

If they still made them this way, I'd buy another set in a heart beat just to have a back up.

I just picked up some Mickey's and am looking forward to trying them out. I do have a set of 1000g neoprene mucks from dicks that are ok for early bow, but I wouldn't wear them on the ice for an extended time.
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
. .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Offline edddieo

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #45 on: Dec 31, 2012, 07:00 PM »
 :-\ can't seem to keep my feet warm. What do you guys wear I can't wear heavy boots bad knee,I've tried muck,rockys,PAC you name it.thanks

Offline octanehi5

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Work was made for people who can't fish, I'm retir
« Reply #46 on: Dec 31, 2012, 07:02 PM »
wear a comfortable boot with warmers in them

Offline rjhulbert

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #47 on: Dec 31, 2012, 07:06 PM »
I would say artic mucks but you said you tried mucks I had issues with my feet too but once I got the mucks haven't had issues since once in a while throwing a little foot warmers for the real cold days
It's close

Offline rgfixit

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #48 on: Dec 31, 2012, 07:10 PM »
Cabelas Trans Alaskas.
ave.wt 5.8lbs/pr

Almost too warm and dry. 6 or 7 years on mine this year.

RG
"Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?"

Offline rippem

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #49 on: Dec 31, 2012, 07:11 PM »
Try the Sorel Glacier boots they are very warm and rated for 100 below I use them and love them

Offline Grady95

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Stay Sharp, Be Safe
« Reply #50 on: Dec 31, 2012, 07:14 PM »
Definitely look at the Muck Arctic Boots.  I have a pair of high ones.  Totally waterproof, no laces, good tread, lightweight, easy on & off,  these have really made the difference for me out there.  They're also great for winter tractor work when you're exposed for long periods to wind and cold.
Love 'em!
Grady

Offline travis9791

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #51 on: Dec 31, 2012, 07:19 PM »
go on ebay and get yourself a pair of white mickey mouse boots for under 50 dollars. i promise you you will never buy a different boot again. they are the best boots i have ever owned hands down i have turned many people onto these boots and everyone has said they are the best boots they have ever worn. i usually get my boots from alleghany outlet store through ebay. jost got three pairs for my buddies last week

Offline kc_

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • formerly known as ljc2tall, aka kc on mff
« Reply #52 on: Dec 31, 2012, 09:28 PM »
I have a pair of boots that are rubber bottom and leather tops. They have a foam pull out liner in them. I believe they came from Cabela's. They were very in-expensive and very warm.
kc

Offline DeadEyez

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #53 on: Dec 31, 2012, 10:50 PM »
Try the new ThermaCell remote controlled heated insoles.
NORTH SHORE ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARD

Offline travis9791

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #54 on: Dec 31, 2012, 10:57 PM »
the best part about mickeys is that they have no liners it is all rubber on the inside i have fallen in and filled the boots with water and dumped the boots out wiped them with a towel put them on my feet and spent the whole rest of the day outside

Offline coachwarner

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #55 on: Dec 31, 2012, 11:22 PM »
go on ebay and get yourself a pair of white mickey mouse boots for under 50 dollars. i promise you you will never buy a different boot again. they are the best boots i have ever owned hands down i have turned many people onto these boots and everyone has said they are the best boots they have ever worn. i usually get my boots from alleghany outlet store through ebay. jost got three pairs for my buddies last week
X2

Offline Fisher4Life

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Bout that time!
« Reply #56 on: Dec 31, 2012, 11:28 PM »
Sportsman Guide 2400 gram insulated boots, I too had a hard time keeping my feet warm. Keyword - HAD, those boots are awesome

Offline michianafisherman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pleasant Times At Pleasant Lake
« Reply #57 on: Dec 31, 2012, 11:41 PM »
Baffin-impacts. There is no other to solve cold feet. Rated to -148.   Don't buy white or black mickeys If you have cold feet problems already. The mickeys will get you out there, but you won't stay long. So what you can dump water from the boot and keep on fishing. How about the days when it's one of the coldest days of the year? No chance of a wet foot, only super cold toes. The Impacts will make your day more enjoyable.
HELD HOSTAGE BY PHOTOBUCKET

Offline raate

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #58 on: Jan 01, 2013, 12:01 AM »
I've tried muck,rockys,PAC you name it.thanks
Tried all those myself...I now wear cabelas trans alaskans. They have a pocket for chemical warmer built right in them, and I have never had to use the warmers.  ;)

Everybody's foot is different, you have to keep trying different boots until you find the ones that work for you.

I found mine.  ;D

Offline buckzone101

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • T.Warrington Outdoors
« Reply #59 on: Jan 01, 2013, 12:25 AM »
cabelas knee high rubber boots 2000 gram thinsulate, or cabelas pac boot 1200 gram is what i wear but i wear a pair of goriga low heel loggers steel toe non insulated all day long working on the rail and my feet are just as warm as my rubber boots, so im not sure im a big help, but i like my pacs and my rubber boots, for fishing both my knees, and 1 hip are messed up and i dont have an issue with those boots.
INSTAGRAM@ twarringtonoutdoors

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.