Author Topic: Nilsmaster Jigger-2  (Read 2088 times)

Offline bucketmouth

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Have an ice day!
Nilsmaster Jigger-2
« on: Jan 16, 2006, 09:42 AM »
I'm having a bad season for tackle failure this year.  Anyone ever have a problem with the long shafted trebles beneath a Nils Jigger-2?  Had the welded point snap off on me last week on a brand new unit.  Emailed the company and just got a reply saying they've never heard of that.  And no further comment on that.  Not a happy camper seeing as these things cost almost $9 up here...

Offline southend517

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Saginaw Bay MI
Re: Nilsmaster Jigger-2
« Reply #1 on: Jan 16, 2006, 10:01 AM »
atleast your using your gear.......

Offline Chuckles

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #2 on: Jan 16, 2006, 10:09 AM »
Nilsmaster Jigger-2 works wonders when you replace the long shanked hook with a blood red treble hook.

Offline bucketmouth

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Have an ice day!
« Reply #3 on: Jan 16, 2006, 10:43 AM »
Nilsmaster Jigger-2 works wonders when you replace the long shanked hook with a blood red treble hook.

thanks Chuckles, since I now have to replace it I'll do just that.

bucket

Offline LoneWolf

• Tournaments/Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Fanatic! >))))>
« Reply #4 on: Jan 16, 2006, 12:51 PM »

I had purchased the Hali jigs (last season) and when I opened the package the paint came off with the plastic wrapping. When I contacted Nils they told me "they've never heard of that" and if I want to send them in for them to look at and they will see about replacing.
I explained I only had the two of them and it's during prime time for ice. Also it would cost me as much to send them as I paid for them. I never had luck with them anyway !

The same thing happened the first season with my Nils auger. I had purchased literaly the first Nils power auger .... they hadn't shipped yet and mine came directly from the factory. Of course mine had the bad cutting head on it. When I called they said send it in for inspection and we'll replace it. I explained I needed my auger and couldn't they send me the cutting head and I will replace it and then send it in. No !
Two weeks later I finally had my cutting head. In the mean time I had purchased another head just so I could use my auger.

They'll stand behind their product ..... they're just very slow about it.  :whistle:

Those who are brave are free ..

Offline trainwreck

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 17, 2006, 09:28 AM »
I have been trying to find those replacement hooks too. My local bait dealer contacted Nils directly and a rep at a tackle show and no luck I guess they just want you to buy a new lure. We have been using the premade stinger hooks,the small treble with the sliding red bead. I think they are made by Eagle Claw,buy I may be wrong. Mine are loose in my box so I`m not sure of the brand 100 percent.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.