Author Topic: Elliot Rods  (Read 2262 times)

Offline SpoonieLuv

• Team IceShanty Regular
Elliot Rods
« on: Dec 15, 2021, 08:38 AM »
Got the new Elliot 42" Noodle rod for hole hopping. Love the feel of the Syncork and overall lightness of this rod. Looks like it will handle panfish on up with no problem.

Offline cwavs1982

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Elliot Rods
« Reply #1 on: Dec 15, 2021, 08:57 AM »
Been hearing alot about these rods.  Them and the 2B rods look really nice.  Have them on my radar, but will probably have to wait a few years until I pull the trigger. 
I do hunt, and I do fish, and I don't apologize to anybody for hunting and fishing - Norman Schwarzkopf

Offline hardwaterhonkey

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Dec 15, 2021, 10:15 AM »
This is so funny I woke up today thinking of starting a thread about Elliott, I actually have a 42 medium and 2 nomads loveeeee the rods also have a prospector xl and a big nood from 2b love the rods the sync cork is awesome for an ice rod

Anyone own a greenback or sisscowett? Want to pick up a heavier laker stick that’s soft but can move a teen class fish but still be soft when hooked into 24” fish both look to be fairly moderate none close by me that I can bend unfortunately

Offline TheCrappieFisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Dec 15, 2021, 10:26 AM »
The 2b big nood is a fun rod. Great action for keeping panfish pinned.  Ideal for tungsten IMO.

Elliot has some really nice rods, and of them weight is incredible. Don't own one yet though. 

Offline theTUGistheDRUG

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 15, 2021, 11:37 AM »
This is so funny I woke up today thinking of starting a thread about Elliott, I actually have a 42 medium and 2 nomads loveeeee the rods also have a prospector xl and a big nood from 2b love the rods the sync cork is awesome for an ice rod

Anyone own a greenback or sisscowett? Want to pick up a heavier laker stick that’s soft but can move a teen class fish but still be soft when hooked into 24” fish both look to be fairly moderate none close by me that I can bend unfortunately

They do offer videos on the website where they bend them in most cases. All mfg should do this! I was looking at the siscowett myself but decided to build one after a horrible frostbite mr big experience. Siscowett looks like a nice rod.

Offline Tuma

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 15, 2021, 11:44 AM »
I was checking out their rods again this year at the ice show. Wish they sold their hard water blanks like they do with their soft water blanks. I was so impressed by their ES44L-F and ES45M-XF I went home and started looking for a blank to make one for myself. I have not been able to find anything like it. (without doing some shaping) Elliott offers some great stuff.
TINY RODWORKS  custom rods and tackle

Offline theTUGistheDRUG

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 15, 2021, 11:46 AM »
They do offer videos on the website where they bend them in most cases. All mfg should do this! I was looking at the siscowett myself but decided to build one after a horrible frostbite mr big experience. Siscowett looks like a nice rod.

https://twobrothersinnovations.com/product/siscowett-s/
https://twobrothersinnovations.com/product/greenback/

Offline hardwaterhonkey

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Dec 15, 2021, 01:25 PM »
I have watched almost all those videos but you can’t get a feel for a rod from a YouTube video the frostbites are garbage terrible Chinese made quality control the elliots are top knotch

Offline theTUGistheDRUG

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Dec 15, 2021, 02:09 PM »
I have watched almost all those videos but you can’t get a feel for a rod from a YouTube video the frostbites are garbage terrible Chinese made quality control the elliots are top knotch

Yes, I do agree on both fronts.  It is a better marketing tool than most companies offer though.

Not comparing the two companies at all, but at half the price FB was good enough to do the job for me.  However the quality control issues and lack of accessible customer service reps really took the cake with FB.

Hence why I will make my own laker rod using the North Fork H blank I have. $25 bucks right now and I already own all the rod building equipment.

https://northforkcomposites.com/product/hybrid-ip-342-1-zentron-delta/

Offline Peninsula

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Dec 15, 2021, 04:44 PM »
I have two Elliot Paragon's and a Elliot Lite Bite 2, I love Syncork and the rods are awesome, except one issue that just bugs the living daylights out of me...

The guides are not wrapped in a straight line on the rod blank AND the cut out in the reel seat is not in line with the guides so the reel is just slightly out of line with the guides too. It's the same on all three of my Elliot ice rods and I was at a dealer here in Northern Michigan this past week and every Elliot ice rod they had in stock had the same issues.

Put the darn guides on straight and mount the grips so the reel seat cut out is aligned with the guide train and these would be great rods. They still fish just fine the way they are, I used them 75+ days last Winter with zero issues, but the stuff is crooked enough you can notice it while fishing the rod without even trying to look at how straight the guides are and if the reel is aligned with them, sticks right out to the naked eye...

I hate sloppy and Elliot Rods are sloppy, it would take an extra 30 seconds per rod to straighten this stuff up before allowing the epoxy to cure...

I ordered a couple TUCR rods a few weeks back, they shipped yesterday, hoping they pay more attention to detail than Elliot does...

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShantyholic
  • LX5 or die...maybe extra battery.
« Reply #10 on: Dec 15, 2021, 05:33 PM »
That's a common problem when they start to mass produce a good quality product.  Seen it in G. Loomis, St. Croix, TUCR, Elliot, etc.,..There's the #1 reason those rods have those plain Tennessee handles.  One less alignment check during production.  For consumers, yeah it's good to see the product in hand and check it for yourself.
For more information read my MN nice journal

Offline manning1987

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Jan 27, 2024, 11:30 AM »

@Hardwaterhonkey what’s your thoughts and reviews on the Prospector XL?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.