Author Topic: Tamarack Brookies!  (Read 4228 times)

Offline arcticat500

• IceShanty Rookie
  • I fish, therefore I'm broke...and hungry!
Re: Tamarack Brookies!
« Reply #30 on: Dec 06, 2010, 02:32 AM »
As I was "lurking" through the BC shanty (for what I don't know, I'm not fishing there anytime soon anyway), I found this to be quite entertaining.  All of that aside, those are some sweet brookies!  I haven't had the joy of a good brookie in quite a few years!  So in essence, nice pics! ;D

Offline IceDrisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Dec 06, 2010, 12:33 PM »
come back with 10 other buddies and try to rape a lake clean

You mean like GP? It's no wonder the open water fishermen are so against ice fishing!

Offline Ise De By

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I loves me some fishin'
« Reply #32 on: Dec 06, 2010, 02:11 PM »
You mean like GP? It's no wonder the open water fishermen are so against ice fishing!

I am confused      :cookoo:     Drisher.... are you FOR...or AGAINST ice fishing???     because you mentioned in your first post.......

Hey guys - I'm new to the board and this is my first post. I am enjoying this forum and I think it's great that there's a place online to discuss our favorite winter sport.

Are you an open water fisherman or an ice fisherman?       ???

Ise de by who catches the fish...and takes em home to Liza.

Offline IceDrisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Dec 07, 2010, 10:05 AM »
Can't I be both?  ;D

I love ice fishing as much as the next guy, but I admit I am mostly C&R. Generally if I get 5 or 6 on an outing I will keep one or two for dinner. Not trying to be judgemental, but I just find it kind of funny that people are so protective over their spots but then they keep their limits (or more) every time. If we really wanted good fishing for slabs shouldn't we be throwing some of them back? Imagine what Cobb (for example) would be like if some of those triploid brookies and rainbows could survive for a couple winters. In any case, just one man's opinion. To each a zone and the regs are what they are (as long as they are followed).

Offline Ise De By

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I loves me some fishin'
« Reply #34 on: Dec 07, 2010, 10:26 AM »
Can't I be both?  ;D

I love ice fishing as much as the next guy, but I admit I am mostly C&R. Generally if I get 5 or 6 on an outing I will keep one or two for dinner. Not trying to be judgemental, but I just find it kind of funny that people are so protective over their spots but then they keep their limits (or more) every time. If we really wanted good fishing for slabs shouldn't we be throwing some of them back? Imagine what Cobb (for example) would be like if some of those triploid brookies and rainbows could survive for a couple winters. In any case, just one man's opinion. To each a zone and the regs are what they are (as long as they are followed).
Sure...  you can be both.     I hiked in to a secret little pothole last weekend, and it had nice big rainbow.   I am proud to say Every fish caught went back down the hole.  I dont know if it was because I cant to preserve that lake..... or if it was I didnt want to pack those hogs all the way out   ;D 

Ise de by who catches the fish...and takes em home to Liza.

Offline holmes76

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • from P.G. in B.C.
« Reply #35 on: Dec 07, 2010, 11:26 AM »
there is a local history book down at the public library that says that a couple guys stocked tamarack back in the 20's? took trout fingerlings from a creek nearby and put them in. Since tamarack lake was full of shrimp, in no time, these trout made "real good fishing". these guys lived there til the 40's

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.