Author Topic: Remote lake up North  (Read 1287 times)

Offline Bill Dance

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Remember, always keep both hands on your rod!
Remote lake up North
« on: Feb 15, 2009, 11:55 PM »
Went to this lake today never got a bite but sure had fun getting there.
Getting the machines loaded up.

The quad broke trail for the snowmobile.

Here's the Eskimo quickfish 3 set up in the middle of the lake.

And when we got back to the truck we did a little playing with the quad. Sorry no sound.

The trip could have used a little more fish but we had fun anyways.
 :tipup: :icefish:

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'm keeping my eye on you guys.....
Re: Remote lake up North
« Reply #1 on: Feb 16, 2009, 12:48 AM »
I heard ATVs with tracks are awesome for getting around. What do you think of them Bill? I saw on video where guy jumped off into snow but it didn't look that deep. My buddy (that doesn't fish) likes the tracks as goes over 6 feet of snow with no problem. He loves them.
Starting to see more and more of that type of unit.

On the trailboggan do those boards slide down to cover it and stop snow from getting in?

I put lots of trees in the ground in that neck of the bush.

Thx for sharing your day.

Offline ianwuzhere

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • GOT ICE??
« Reply #2 on: Feb 16, 2009, 09:24 AM »
who needs a loud, high revin machine to bomb down trails to the next fishin hole.-looks like them trax work good-be great for hunting too i bet...
~its not over till its soft, --- "tfg".

Offline Bill Dance

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Feb 16, 2009, 10:43 PM »
I heard ATVs with tracks are awesome for getting around. What do you think of them Bill? I saw on video where guy jumped off into snow but it didn't look that deep. My buddy (that doesn't fish) likes the tracks as goes over 6 feet of snow with no problem. He loves them.
Starting to see more and more of that type of unit.

On the trailboggan do those boards slide down to cover it and stop snow from getting in?

I put lots of trees in the ground in that neck of the bush.

Thx for sharing your day.
I think that those tracks are awesome. I don't think that you can get them stuck. That young fellow that jumped into the snow well don't fool yourself it's around Bear Lake in the middle of winter, of course there's lots of snow but it has settled down alot and then froze hard again. We were going through 3 feet of powder in some places with no problems. Also that feeling you get on a snowmobile where you're breaking trail and you have to shift your weight from side to side or you'll either flop the snowmobile on it's side or get stuck, it's not there on the quad at all, just sit back, relax and ride it. The turning radius is better getting around tight trails as the ATV is shorter. Having said this with the good things that you gain you also lose some other things. Those tracks weigh 75lbs each and take alot of power to move. Suggest getting a quad that at least a 700cc. That quad is a 500 Rincon which has the automatic transmission and it wasn't too bad but the top speed breaking trail was 20kph. The thing I really didn't like was that in roughly 34kms it burnt 5 gallons of gas(very thirsty). Suggest a quad with power steering as well, after riding for very long you'll have arms like Popeye. That quad also has an option to change the tranny to electric shift and I couldn't get into 3 gear as it was dying for power(breaking trail). So having said that though I would probably buy a set of tracks but for the right quad as why would you have 2 machines to store and maintain when all you need is one.

Those boards on the trailboggan just hinge down and they keep most of the snow out. My buddy built them himself. He left some space in the front for bigger objects like buckets etc.

I seen alot of trees you probably planted but they are mostly dead red wood now!

Offline salmoncandy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Feb 16, 2009, 11:21 PM »
Stupid fish anyway.. but way cool quad, ive always wanted to see them go. I should get a set for mine and forget the sled.. Way cool.
SC

Offline Bill Dance

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Feb 16, 2009, 11:34 PM »
Stupid fish anyway.. but way cool quad, ive always wanted to see them go. I should get a set for mine and forget the sled.. Way cool.
SC
You should get a set. There're giving them away for 4 large ones but they are very fun.

Offline oleike

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Feb 17, 2009, 09:52 PM »
oh..four large ones....thats peanuts to a tv personality like you hey Bill

Offline Bill Dance

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Feb 18, 2009, 01:18 AM »
Well yeah, that's why I have a couple of sets. :laugh: ;D

Offline salmoncandy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Mar 14, 2009, 12:40 AM »
ill buy one for now and dream of the other three

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com