Author Topic: Not political  (Read 1099 times)

Offline Summertoast318

• IceShanty Rookie
Not political
« on: May 29, 2019, 06:02 PM »
I really don’t want to start a political discussion, but I am planning on spending a good amount of coin at the ice expo in St. Paul this year. With the presidents trade war, I could end up paying more by waiting for the expo deals than if I just purchased stuff now. Planning on a new otter lodge, ice auger, and a few other things. What do you think I should do? Buy now or wait til the expo first weekend in December?

Offline Reinert

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Not political
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2019, 06:06 PM »
Hard to say,but keep your eyes on the best ice deals thread, i get great deals on all kinds of things i dont need!!

Offline ajv5148

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Team Treehouse
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2019, 08:56 PM »
Hard to say,but keep your eyes on the best ice deals thread, i get great deals on all kinds of things i dont need!!
agreed! now is the time to get ice gear cheap. sounds like you have a list in mind, so if a deal is posted, pounce on it!

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2019, 12:04 AM »
I far prefer buying off season rather than "expos" or "shows". Sure you get to see the latest, greatest but the available "deals" are usually not much of a deal at all. Keep your eyes open and your wallet at the ready (don't dilly dally) and you'll likely do better well before show season. What ever need you don't fill before then, well, then maybe it's showtime.
To fish or not to fish? That's a stupid question!

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”― Lewis Carroll

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2019, 05:10 AM »
If your looking to buy a gas auger this is a good deal. I bought the 8" version last year and it is great. I had the Z51  for 9 years and loved it now I have the M51 and it is vertually the same. 10" For $249 51 CC.
https://www.amazon.com/Eskimo-Quantum-Auger-8-10-Inch/dp/B07NJPSCKT
<===Lefty===

Offline ajv5148

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Team Treehouse
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2019, 08:32 AM »
If your looking to buy a gas auger this is a good deal. I bought the 8" version last year and it is great. I had the Z51  for 9 years and loved it now I have the M51 and it is vertually the same. 10" For $249 51 CC.
https://www.amazon.com/Eskimo-Quantum-Auger-8-10-Inch/dp/B07NJPSCKT
Here's a good deal if you're looking to go the drill route. Some discussion about the quality vs risk in Best Ice Deals- in summary: no complaints when in "new condition" and if you have prime you have free returns, so zero risk
https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00AG0ZV44/?condition=used

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.