Author Topic: JM X200 Sleeper build  (Read 1516 times)

Offline Hammer1Down

• IceShanty Rookie
JM X200 Sleeper build
« on: Jan 19, 2021, 01:30 PM »
I've been working on this setup over the spring summer and into the winter (crap ice has kept me from fishing)  I went the more technical and engineered route as I'm always over building things.  Its still not quite done and I'm waiting on the Dakota Lithium 100Ah battery for my main bank.  I installed breaks in my aquavu 10i pro and Helix 7 so I can plug them straight into the shack as well as extra RGB LED lights to set colors or whatever.  Ice lights to illuminate just the floor for those late night bites.  Lots more involved with the build and a lot of trial and error for sure!!

Offline Hammer1Down

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: JM X200 Sleeper build
« Reply #1 on: Jan 19, 2021, 02:13 PM »
The decking is a PVC board, worst material I have ever used to build with.  Staples, screws, nails, and brads all do not work with it, I had to use wide flange pop rivets on the whole build.  Made for a lot of drilling and planning way ahead on where I put things and how I attached it all.  The carpet is just regular rubber backed boat carpet that I used an adhesive caulking to attach permanently to the PVC board with a special barbed staple I found to hold in place until the adhesive set.  Here are the tub lights I hooked up for the individual hatches.  I will get pics tonight with the canopy and seats attached.  Once the battery shows up I will finish hard wiring in for the fans, lights, external accessories and she will be ready to go.

Offline jethro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 29, 2021, 08:30 AM »
Looks great!
Quote- fishslap: I use a variety:  whistlin' bungholes, spleen splitters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker don'ts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistlin' kitty chaser

Ice safety link: http://lakeice.squarespace.com/

Offline cwavs1982

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 29, 2021, 02:18 PM »
Nice layout!  Can't wait to see the finish project. 
I do hunt, and I do fish, and I don't apologize to anybody for hunting and fishing - Norman Schwarzkopf

Offline Hammer1Down

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 30, 2021, 08:14 AM »
After all the tub work was done I installed the seats, put the tent back on, wired the fans together and installed them.  Now I am waiting on the battery to show up to finishe everything up and do the little bit of finer finish work to the shack as well as get the wiring routed through the support poles and into the tub.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.