Author Topic: The New 9:45 Thread..  (Read 221145 times)

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Re: The New 9:45 Thread..
« Reply #4710 on: Apr 18, 2024, 09:02 PM »
Good evening, yesterday's rain went into the overnight hours before ending. Cloudy skies today and a temperature drop with the day's high only around 50 degrees. I talked briefly with my sister looking like my BIL is improving resting less often so hopefully he will be over the pneumonia soon and keep his hydration under control. During all of this in communicating with other relatives learned my great aunt will be having two cardiac procedures done later this month a stent/stents installed in one or more arteries. She is upbeat about all of this and looking forward to after recovering from the surgery attending one of her granddaughter's wedding this June and dancing at the reception. Hopefully all goes well for her and she will get to attend the wedding and make it to her hundredth birthday this November .
Ice Wander sorry to hear you are still not seeing improvement in your arm's range of motion. may you be able to lower your diabetic numbers.
Zcm-82 glad you are not dealing with a high mortgage in addition to the cost of living these days.
Hunts2long congratulations to your wife on her new CRV. I would read up on how to switch for gas to electric may save you some money to use electric power for part of NYC trips. Happy that you received a good trade-in price and the new vehicle was not to higher priced compared to the cost of last CRV.
Wallyworld the news of police officer shootings in your area made my local newspaper's website. Sad to hear another police officer was shot recently in Albany. Looking like you will have to use your mower's highest blade setting whenever things dry out enough for you to cut your grass.
Eddie glad it was not one of your friend's on the Albany police force who was shot and wounded. may the shot officer make a full recovery. Thank you for the well wishes for Cornwall Lacrosse team. I need to look up Our Lady of Lourdes record for this year. It was good to see a close game Cornwall lost  half of the team to graduation in 2023. So I'm not expecting a great season.  I see the high level minor league baseball season has started the team by me part of Yankees organization one it's first game of the season on April 16 Th. Depending on the level of the team close to you their season may also have started.

Keep safe,stay healthy. Best to all fishing.
  Steve

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4711 on: Apr 19, 2024, 06:01 AM »
Good morning, 41* and cloudy, the lake continues to drop but not real fast. This morning it is below 771' so isn't going over the spillway.

Mr. C, good to hear that your BIL is feeling better. Sounds like your Great Aunt has the right attitude going into her procedures. I have read the Owners Manual twice now on how the Hybrid operates. It is all done by the system within the CRV. I haven't driven it yet but I had it running while I was setting up things and you don't hear it when it is idling. It has an on-board generator that keeps the battery charged (NO plug-in) and switches between gas and battery. Lindsay it getting better than 37 miles per gallon with hers. That is about 10 mpg better than we were getting on our trips with the last CRV. Time will tell, but I will be doing a road test in about 2 weeks on a trip down to the city.

Eddie, it will be nice to see the Sun, IF the clouds ever roll away. I always wanted to build a fly rod, I tied fly's back in the day but don't think my eyes would allow that anymore. I dread having to re-tie a jig on anymore and if the wind is blowing I have drifted about 1/4 mile.

IW, we saw some lawns being cut this week while in Albany area, things are greening up pretty fast around here, once the sun comes out, stand back.

Have a good day and be well....h2l

Northville, NY

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #4712 on: Apr 19, 2024, 06:06 AM »

Good morning ER's
                      It's 35* and cloudy here on my hill. ::)
                      H2l..........Congratul ations on finding the car your wife wanted. :clap: I agree with you, I like being in control of the car. :cookoo: I prefer to buy a car
               than lease.  :whistle:
                      Eddie.......It is a crazy world out there. :cookoo: Back in the day the police were respected. :thumbsup:
                      Wally.......The weather is iffy for getting the boat out after Cooper goes home. :%$#!:
                      Steve ......I'm glad that your B I L is improving  :thumbsup:
                      zcm.........Housing cost rose after pandemic because of the people working from home and moving out of the cities. :whistle: But cars sure have risen
               in price to an untouchable price for many. :%$#!:
                      I hope everyone has a good Friday either at work ir out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Online wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4713 on: Apr 19, 2024, 06:30 AM »
Morning all,

MrC.....best wishes to your aunt with her upcoming procedures  :)

H2L....most everyone around here has lawns that REALLY need mowing but are too soggy to attempt driving on :%$#!:

IW.....MAYBE Monday or Tuesday will be fishing days, can't trust the weatherman  :unsure: agree with you on buying vs leasing  :thumbsup:

Eddie.....yeah LOTS of rocks in the ground here too  >:(

Dry this morning, rain again later  ::) sure hope this weather pattern changes soon  :-\

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #4714 on: Apr 19, 2024, 09:05 PM »
 Good evening, cloudy sky during daylight hours weather guessers calling for some rain overnight . Chance for more rain over the weekend. Talked with my sister earlier all good currently with my BIL . He has a dentist appointment next week so hopefully issue with the new denture can be fixed. He talked with the company who provided the equipment and supplies need for home treatment of his kidneys about a hydration drink he found on internet, They responded to him that the drink was not the right formulation for him.
Hunts2long thank you for the explanation of the CRV's hybrid electrical system. Please give us a report once you have made the trip to NYC. Since New York state plans to end the sale of new gasoline powered vehicles by 2035 many of us may look at hybrid vehicles if we need a newer vehicle before that date. Personally I would want a hybrid over an electric assuming gasoline will still be available for purchase after 2035 here in NY.
Ice Wanderer I'm happy things have improved for my BIL . Hopefully he has or is recovering from the pneumonia and an get his hydration under control.
Wallyworld thank you for the well wishes for my great aunt. I assume the testing and scans she had this week showed her a being healthy enough to have the procedures and stents. Agree it would be nice to see a week without rain .
Eddie last i heard we are close to having the state budget passed. Guessing you are happy not to still be working at the Empire Plaza area of Albany and having to deal with possible layoffs each year waiting for the budget to be passed and funding approved for the maintenance and new work.
IFF may your brother be improving with the hospice care.

Have a safe and good weekend everyone .
 Steve

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4715 on: Apr 20, 2024, 05:25 AM »
46* and cloudy.

WW and IW, this will be our first lease so only time will tell. Lindsay has had good experiences with the 3 she has done.

Mr. C, I will keep you up-dated. I have yet to drive it but have spent more time in it, getting things set up and becoming familiar with it. Based on the Owner's Manual it seems like "big brother" will be watching everything the driver will be doing.

WW, my nephew has started doing some yard clean-ups but hasn't mowed yet. Yesterday he was removing a small tree off of someone's garage.

Hope everyone has a good day and be well...h2l

Northville, NY

Online wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4716 on: Apr 20, 2024, 05:41 AM »
Morning all,

H2L.....the biggest downside to leasing is you ALWAYS have a car payment   :pinch:  it is nice to have a new car every 3 years tho  ;)

MrC.....good to hear your b-i-l is doing better  :thumbsup:

IW.....don't give up on the rehab, my doc said it takes a full year to recover after surgery  ;)

Cooper's Mom & Dad will be here later tonight, heading back to MA in the morning. IW was right yesterday when he said next week isn't looking good for fishing, stupid wind  :%$#!:

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #4717 on: Apr 20, 2024, 06:50 AM »

Good morning Doug, Pat, ER's,
                            It's 41* and cloudy here on my hill. ::)
                            H2l..........I don't want to be negative but with the lease, watch your mileage, most leases allow 12,000 miles a year, or 36,000 in three years.
              so if you go over they charge extra. :%$#!:
                            Wally........Yeah this weather pattern isn't looking good. :%$#!: I've been told that it could take up to a year, but my therapist says I'm behind
              on the range of motion and I think I'm losing strength. :unsure:
                            Steve........I hope the dentist can adjust the dentures for your BIL. :whistle:
                            Eddie........I don't think there are many places up in this region that doesn't  have rocks. :roflmao:
                            Here is one for you......My third son is starting a fix-it business and he's bidding a job in Lake George Village, installing a grinder pump. He found out
              you need a permit to dig over two feet because you might find bones. Then you have notify a company in Albany and they come up and clear the bones away.
              I told him to pull his bid.
                            Not much else going on.
                            I hope everyone has a good Saturday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #4718 on: Apr 20, 2024, 09:23 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Cloudy and 46*, high of 58 today.

Jeff…good advice to your son on pulling back his bid. I have seen that happen a few times in the Albany area before when excavation began and it can definitely be a lengthy setback until they clear the area.  :thumbsup: 
  Wally…hope you enjoyed your time with Cooper! I’m sure the reunion tonight with the family will be bittersweet but also joyous.  :clap: 
  H2…thanks for the shared info on the Hybrid. It seems Big  Brother is doing a lot of things they shouldn’t be doing!!  I like the idea of the high MPG, but not enough to let them in my car!!  :%$#!:     Always wondered about the starters on the Hybrids if they’ve been an issue of wearing out prematurely, especially with all the stop and go driving in the city? Don’t they shutoff and restart at traffic lights or when they come to a stop?
  Steve…glad your B-I-L is doing better, excellent news!  :clap:  Agreed, lol, no more stress or worrying about the Budget getting passed has been good since retiring.  :thumbsup:

Legendary musician, singer/songwriter and co-founder of The Allman Brothers Band, Dickey Betts, passed away on Thursday. I was always a big fan of the band and was fortunate enough to see The Allman Brothers play several times with Dickey Betts, and also with his own band, Dickey Betts And Great Southern.
  Unfortunately, never did get to see the original band with founding members, as I was only 8 when they hit the road in 1969. However, with the help of an older brother 10 years my senior, I was introduced to the first album by them as well as their Live At Fillmore East, along with so many other great bands of that period. All compliments of an RCA console tv/record player/radio (my Moms pride and joy.)   ;D   May the road go on forever…..RIP Dickey Betts.

Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4719 on: Apr 20, 2024, 09:59 AM »
Well another expo today, if my MIL was home I would probably be headed to the lake but always a joy to spend time with the wife.

Well is sounds like everyone else is dealing with the windy and unsettled weather that we are dealing with, but hopefully this little break we are having the next couple of days will hit you and have a couple nice days. Well better get to it and man the booth. Have a good one everyone.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #4720 on: Apr 20, 2024, 09:12 PM »
 Good evening, After some overnight rain a dry day with a high of 62 degrees. I see NY.'s 2024 budget has passed both house of the state legislature and just needs the governor's signature.  :clap: :thumbsup: Only three weeks past to April first date for a new fiscal year. Given the state's budget history not to bad.
Hunts2long may leasing your new vehicle prove to be the right choice like it has worked for your daughter Lindsay. If the new CRV has a GPS system or you use your high=tec cell phone's GPs feature "Big Brother is tracking your movements. I agree todays on-board vehicle computers keep a watch on most everything to do with the vehicle.
Wallyworld your home must be quite with Cooper now back with your son and his family.
Ice Wanderer good advice to son #3 If he would have food bones while excavating time would be added to the job plus additional expenses to deal with the gathering and relocation of the bones. When you next see the doctor who performed your arm surgery in May hope he/she will have some things to try that increase the arm's range of motion and strength.
Eddie sadly many musicians from our youth have passed in recent years. I watched a Traveling Willburys video yesterday sad that only Bob Dylan and Jeff Lynne are left from that "Super Group" .
Fish/hop4ever i hope it was a good sale day for the wife and you at the expo.

Have a good night.
  Steve

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4721 on: Apr 21, 2024, 05:29 AM »
31* and clear and calm. It was pretty breezy yesterday.

As I said, "time will tell" with the lease.

Mr. C, the wife has one of those "fancy" phones and they showed her how to use it for GPS. Will keep the old Garmin in the car for a few trips. We have been to NYC enough so don't need to use it but IF there was a "detour" it would come in nice.

Eddie, most of what the car does is "assist" you, but I "know " he will be watching when I read that it gives you a warning if you are drifting all over the road.

The wife got a call from her cousin yesterday morning that her Uncle Al had passed away during the night. He was 95, his wife died a few months ago.

Have a good day and be well.....h2l

Northville, NY

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #4722 on: Apr 21, 2024, 06:09 AM »

Good morning Doug, ER's,
                          It's 29* and clear here on my hill. ::)
                          H2l.............My condolences goes out to your wife and her family. :(  On your car the emblem on the front is where it reads all the all
                the radar to tell the car to slow down if your getting too close to the car in front of you. In winter  frost, snow and ice will block everything out and
                there will be a warning light on the dash that says it's not working.  :cookoo:
                          Steve..........It's good that the budget passed but how much are they spending and for what? ??? There has to be something in there that's
                going to raise taxes. :%$#!:  I saw the US congress passed the Ukraine and Israel bills, how much debt is that adding to our deficit and where are
                getting the money? and no money for border control. :cookoo: :%$#!:
                          Fish............ Nice job on the display. :thumbsup:
                          Eddie...........Unfort unately my son informed me yesterday he's going to bid on it anyway. And of course he expects ME to lead the way on
                 the project, because he's never done anything like that.  :%$#!: He might be learning a hard lesson. :whistle:
                          Not much going on today.
                          I hope everyone has a good Sunday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4723 on: Apr 21, 2024, 08:13 AM »
Well the day went OK for the wife, the kids came out and went to thenpetting zoo and found some friends to hang out with for a bit. Turned out to be a fantastic weather day, hoping today turns out as good. Hopefully headed to the lake here in a little while. Sorry for the passing of your wife's uncle h2l. Have a great day and hopefully some fish pictures, did run into my coworker and he and his boys caught some trout and a couple walleye out at the big lake yesterday but heard some good things about the little lake as well torn and direction to head with the boat.

Well a nice day on the water just the skunk hit and no fish. Others said that the fishing was great until Thursday and then it died. Oh well good to get out.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #4724 on: Apr 21, 2024, 09:57 PM »
 Good evening ,may everyone's Sunday have been a nice one. Cool here today with a high around fifty. Good to see a few dry days hopefully the temperatures rise some as we head toward the month of May.
Hunts2long, I'll share a funny story about using the High-Tec cell phones as a GPS. This past August when leaving the 50TH anniversary party for my cousin and her husband we were using my sister's phone to help us navigate through Kingston to get to route 9W and take that way home instead of use the NYS Thruway. MY sister asks me to look through her purse for her phone I tell her phone is not in purse we look for a place to turn around and head back to party Then the collective light bulb went off in our heads using phone for GPS of course it is not in the purse.
Ice Wanderer our governor released a statement after the legislature passed the budget thanking them she stated there would be no raise in income taxes. So expect to see increases in other state taxes to help raise money to support the budget.  may you be able to convince your son that placing the bid is not in his best interest and that you are not interested in being a major part of his new business venture.
Fish/hunt4ever good to read that your wife did well with sales at this expo. Wherever you fished today may the fish have been active and all of you caught a few to bring home.

May everyone have a good start to the week. I believe tomorrow is Earth Day. keep safe do your best to stay healthy .
     Steve

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #4725 on: Apr 22, 2024, 04:03 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                            It's 31* and clear here on my hill. ::)
                            H2l.............Is the lake still going over the spillway? ??? Over here the Schroon River is going over the the top of the dam. :whistle:
                            Fish ...........I'm glad your wife did well at the expo. :thumbsup: It's hard to second guess yourself where to go fishing, it seems no matter
                 where you choose it's the wrong place. :roflmao:
                           Steve..........Thank you for explaining what the governor said, but there has to be a catch somewhere. :blink: It's no use trying to talk my
                 son out taking the job. I found out yesterday from my second son that #3 gave his two week notice at the bridge company to pursue his new business.
                 I went to my second son's in-laws for dinner and they suggested that I should start a consulting business and charge $100 an hour for my services. :whistle:
                           Eddie...........Maybe you can get out to a stream and see if the trout are hungry. :unsure:
                           Wally...........It's a little cool but today might be a good day to get out. :unsure:
                           I have a therapy appointment this morning, then after that I need to gather some summer wood.
                           I hope everyone has a Good Monday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4726 on: Apr 22, 2024, 05:49 AM »
33* and clear.

IW, as of this morning the level of the lake is 770.20 feet so it shouldn't be going over the spillway. Spillway level is 771'. Been seeing a lot of "junk" in the lake.

Mr. C, we still have to figure all that out, we were shown how to use the cell phone for GPS by the tech, but doing it ourselves is another thing. Lindsay was here over the weekend and I asked her a few questions about the new CRV and it didn't take long to find out that she hadn't read the manual. All those "new" things just come natural to the "younger" generation. I have read all 600+ pages twice and I won't know it until I "do" it a few times.

F/H, I bet the weather plays a big role with those "expos", sort of like fishing, sometimes they are biting, sometimes not so much.

WW, looks pretty nice out here this morning, clear, sunny, no wind and 33*!!!

The wife said "Thanks" for the condolences for her Uncle Al.

Have a good day and be well....h2l
Northville, NY

Online wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4727 on: Apr 22, 2024, 06:11 AM »
Morning all,

IW.....best of luck to #3 on his new adventure, sometimes you just have to take that leap of faith  :thumbsup:

H2L....an engineering degree might help when it comes to figuring out all the "bells & whistles"  :whistle:  my condolences to MrsH2 and the family  :'(

MrC.....kind of like looking for your glasses when they're on top of your head  ;D

FH4.....hope you had some luck whichever lake you picked  ;)

Weatherman is calling for 10-15 mph NW wind, makes it a bit lumpy fishing the SE shore so no boat today  ::)  the end of the week looks good tho  @)

Cooper was one happy dog when his "pack" showed up  :thumbsup:

Saw a few flakes in the air yesterday, it's getting just a little ridiculous  :%$#!:

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4728 on: Apr 22, 2024, 07:58 AM »
Good morning ER’s. Looks like it’s snowing out, blossoms on the dogwood trees out front are falling off , need to make a dump run, then a trip to court house to pay the property taxes when it opens at 10:00, and then grocery shopping.  Oldest daughter will be going to SC for a granddaughters b-day celebration the 28th, then here for a week or so, hope weather is suitable to get in a couple days fishing during her visit.

No word as yet on oldest brothers condition at the hospice, thanks on the well wishes for him.

Take care and enjoy you day
Bud

Online wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4729 on: Apr 22, 2024, 04:37 PM »
1 more to go

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #4730 on: Apr 22, 2024, 09:36 PM »
Good evening, other then the wind a nice sunny day here enjoying it while it lasts. On the local news front Indian Point nuclear plant back in the newspaper Holtec the company handling the shutdown and clean of the now out of service plant has filed a lawsuit to get the right to release radioactive contaminated water into the Hudson river. Last year the NY. governor or state legislature passed a ban on such releases.
In more pleasant news the falcon family currently using the nest box on Mario Cuomo bridge (Tappan Zee) had the first of this years eggs hatch.

Ice wanderer may things go well for your Son #3 at least he can hopefully return to bridge work if this business venture does not prove successful. Good idea from son #2's in-laws on you being a consultant and the hourly fee. May things workout and your son not have a large monetary loss with this venture.
Hunts2long thank you for the information on Great Sacandaga Lake. You are a better person then most to read through such a lengthy owners manual. Once again best wished to the two of you with the new CRV . growing up with computers and now having a job where she frequently uses them and other High-Tec equipment does make things easier for Lindsay.
Wallyworld thank you for the photo of baby birds may the last egg hatch and all of the birds survive. Good comparison with the eyeglasses and cell phone. may the weather forecast be correct and you get out in your boat latter this week.
IFF may you have completed all of today's errands. Safe travel wished for your daughter. May you get a chance to fish during her visit. I also hope you received an up date on your brother.

Have a good night. Best to all fishing this week.
   Steve

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4731 on: Apr 23, 2024, 05:28 AM »
32* and clear.

WW, those baby birds better have an extra blanket on them this morning. You "miss" Cooper yet!

Things are starting to green up around here, we may get some Spring after all.

Wife took me out for a ride and our "first" ice cream cone of the year.

Hope everyone has a good day and be well....h2l

Northville, NY

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #4732 on: Apr 23, 2024, 05:29 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                            It's 32* and clear here on my hill. ::)
                            H2l.............My ex wife had a car with all the bells and whistles, the only function I would use was the breaking function if you got too
                close to the car in front of you. :whistle: The cruise control had two settings, the first one was auto drive, I didn't trust it. The other one was just
                keeping the same speed. To set the cruise you pushed the same button, so if you didn't do it right you were in auto drive. :%$#!: :cookoo:
                            Wally..........The long range forecast is really nice next week. :thumbsup:
                            Steve..........Contami nated waste water is supposed to be stored in tanks, so releasing it into the Hudson isn't a good idea. :%$#!:
                            Bud ............Safe travel to your daughter. :thumbsup: I hope you receive some news on your brother soon. :unsure:
                            Yesterday at therapy the therapist and I discussed my pain level and she suggested we stop therapy until my visit with the doctor. She
                did say that they have decided that my range of motion isn't going to get much better.
                            I started gathering summer wood for my boiler.
                            I hope everyone has a good Tuesday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Online wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4733 on: Apr 23, 2024, 05:52 AM »
Morning all,

H2L.....mama bluebird doesn't stray too far from her babies  ;)2  yesterday was a nice day for ice cream  @) ( not that there's really ever a bad day  :woot:)  yes it's a little quiet w/o my little fur ball  :(

IW.....sorry to hear your shoulder is giving you pain, hopefully you get some answers at your next appointment  :-\

IFF....safe travels to your daughter, happy early birthday wishes to your granddaughter  :clap:  fingers crossed you get some water therapy soon  :)

Got the first mowing in yesterday and somehow managed to not get stuck anywhere  :thumbsup: MIGHT get the first ride of the season in today  :whistle:

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #4734 on: Apr 23, 2024, 08:05 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Another heavy frost here this am, 34* and rising, high of 63 today.

Wally…thanks for the update and picture of the baby bluebirds, awesome!  :clap:  Glad you were able to get the first mowing in, enjoy the beautiful weather with a safe ride today!  :thumbsup:
  Jeff….wishing the best of luck to your son with his business venture, hope everything works out well for him!   Sorry to read that about your therapy, hopefully the Dr.’s diagnosis will be better…stay positive!   :thumbsup:
  H2…agreed, it’s starting to look like Spring now, seeing lots of green popping.  Getting close to the Walleye & Pike opener, will be looking forward to your reports soon!  :clap:  Have they put the docks in yet at the boat launch’s?
  Steve..it was only about 3 weeks late this year, but yes, they did pass the NYS budget!  It was a close one, but they managed to get it done, and just in time to go on their Spring Break!! :clap:    Must say in this day and age, it’s difficult to even imagine a company filing a lawsuit, for the right to knowingly dump, radioactive/contaminated waste water into any body of water! Hopefully this decision won’t appear in front of the Albany Lawmakers before their Summer Break starts!  :woot:
  Bud…best wishes continued for your brother, safe travels for your daughter and Happy Birthday wishes to your granddaughter.  :thumbsup:   In about another month or so, it will look like snow here also with cottonwood trees.  ;D
   FH4…that display your has of her goods is beautifully done! Hope as the weather gets nicer the attendance and sales increase for her.   :thumbsup:

Have been experiencing some computer problems again, keeps freezing up or not getting internet connection. My wife messed around with a few things last night trying to correct it….
  Off to the Dr. for a follow up visit and bloodwork etc.   Cawfee’s still hot…

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4735 on: Apr 23, 2024, 08:16 AM »
Well busy day at work yesterday and was showing one of the process engineers how we do things in the cleanroom and how we get the data.  Plus coworker is out of town so all by myself for the week, so not a lot of time between jobs, hopefully the weather is better then they are calling for this weekend as rain is forecasted.  Well better get back at it have a good one everyone.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #4736 on: Apr 24, 2024, 04:43 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                          It's 49* and cloudy here on my hill. ::)
                          Wally..............I'm glad you didn't have any problems mowing you lawn. :flex: Ice cream is good any day. :woot: It was a nice day for a ride,
                 a little windy tho. :whistle:
                          H2l.................We're a little behind up here, grass should start to green up in a few days. :blink:
                          Eddie..............I hope you got a good report from the blood work. :flex:
                          Steve..............It's amazing how they passed the budget just before going on break. :blink:
                          Fish................Is your coworker out of town for work or on vacation? Fish still bite in the rain. :whistle:
                          Despite the pain in my arm and shoulder, I managed to rake my front yard and some summer wood stacked. This weekend my neighbor/boss
                 and his BIL are supposed to spring clean up at the association. We'll see how that goes.
                          The guessers are calling for showers today, so it looks like a puttering day.
                          I hope everyone has a good Wednesday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4737 on: Apr 24, 2024, 05:47 AM »
44* and cloudy.

IW, they call it Adaptive Cruise Control on the CRV, I will stick to just Cruise Control for now. If I'm not driving, I may tend to "nod" off. It does have Driver Attention Monitor. Take it easy with all that raking.

Eddie, I find it "funny" that the budget is able to sneak-up on them every year and be late. They may be using that extra time to "pack" their bags for Spring Break.

My nephew said he stopped on his way home from work Monday night and saw a few walleyes up in West Storey. I checked the water temp in East Stoney yesterday afternoon and it was 50*, they should be running. I haven't checked because the water has been muddy from all the rain.

Hope everyone has a good day and be well....h2l
Northville, NY

Online wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4738 on: Apr 24, 2024, 07:09 AM »
Morning all,

Eddie.....hope your appointment yesterday went well  :)

IW....yep definitely windy  ::)  easy does it on the yard work sir  :whistle:

H2L....hopefully these "self driving" cars pay more attention to the driving than some people behind the wheel  ::)

IFF.....continued prayers for Carl 

FH4.....hope the rest of the work week goes well

Put 135 miles on yesterday, beautiful riding even with the wind  :thumbsup:  back to rain today  >:(

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #4739 on: Apr 24, 2024, 07:14 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Happy Hump Day!   Light rain and 45*, only supposed to last for a few hours, high of 56.    Believe I saw TomTurkey out in the hall, morning Tom, hope all is well Sir!  :thumbsup:

H2…I’m not certain what the best solution would be for bringing the “ habitually “ late budget in on time, but I believe a NO PASS equals NO PAY’$ policy for all of them might be a good start…daily fines of what their pay and perks add up to from the Governor on down. Maybe double the fines after the first week?  :tipup:
  Jeff…didn’t receive results on the blood work before before leaving the Dr.’s yesterday, but no phone call so assume all was ok. Glad you were able to get a jump on some of the yard work and wood yesterday, careful not to overdo it Sir, especially with the Spring cleaning coming up!  :thumbsup:
  FH4…hope the remainder of the week goes smoothly for you holding down the fort!   :thumbsup:
  Wally…I got the first cut in on one section of the lawn yesterday, the most fertilized area, right where the septic lines are, lol. Glad you had a nice ride yesterday and guessing the ice cream wasn’t too bad either?  ;D :thumbsup:

Dr.’s appointment went fairly well yesterday, they were pleased I have been gaining some weight back. Have a few more scan’s coming up over the next couple of weeks and with a little luck, will only have to see the Dr.s every 3 months afterwards. Keeping the fingers crossed…. ;D
  Couple of errands to run this morning, maybe a few casts on the way home….Cawfee’s still hot!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.