Author Topic: Friday At The Keg, But No Hockey  (Read 2965 times)

Offline The Rocket

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I Had To Reach Way Down Inside
Friday At The Keg, But No Hockey
« on: Dec 24, 2004, 09:16 AM »
T'was The Day Before Christmas, and out in the snow, was a 50' ice rink and 200' of hose. ;D
It was 10:30 at night, and 13 below, and there was a Wiseman, ready to go ;D
Dressed like a Canadien, from boot to hat, Some called him Rocket, others called him Matt ;D
Up late on the Shanty, talking with Scott, Billitrite and Grumpymoe, had another look at the thermometer, it's now 15 below.
Up with the sun, I started to run, so desperate for Hockey, I needed some fun ;D
I ran past the Barn, and what did I see? Why a 50' ice rink just waiting for me ;D
I steped on the ice, and I thought I was pleased, but there was water on my boot, The Dang thing didn't freeze ;D >:( >:(
I stood on the ground, what had I done, all I wanted was Hockey, and a day of fun ;D
I could go indoors, put on my rollerblades and go play, but it's not the same, I wanted the Keg, if even for a day
Christmas won't be the same without Terri and Ice, but at least i've got snow, that i'll be nice. ;D
Tomorrow's Christmas high and low, and there was the wiseman filling his rink at 15 below ;D

Well guys. This is it. The fabled Keg. Although it didn't freeze completly this morning, it will be good in a coule days!
It was such a pretty sight with the barn in the backround. I thought I had it all.
I'll have some even better pics when It get's cold again!
Hope you enjoy my ice!

Rocket>

Offline Trophy Hunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Friday At The Keg, But No Hockey
« Reply #1 on: Dec 24, 2004, 09:21 AM »
that was a great poost buddy! That is a beautiful pic  8)

Offline Skiff

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • Walleye, pike, perch...Yeah!
« Reply #2 on: Dec 24, 2004, 12:28 PM »
Wow! That's some rink!  A lot bigger than the one you had last year!  But if even a fraction of your slapshots are like mine (which usually miss the net), you're going to be chasing the puck right out into the back 40.  If it was my rink, I'd either have to lay in a supply of pucks, or find a few sheets of scrap plywood to provide backboards.
"I'm as healthy as I ever was, I just go to the doctor more often".  - one of my retired buddies

Offline The Rocket

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I Had To Reach Way Down Inside
« Reply #3 on: Dec 24, 2004, 01:35 PM »
Wow! That's some rink!  A lot bigger than the one you had last year!  But if even a fraction of your slapshots are like mine (which usually miss the net), you're going to be chasing the puck right out into the back 40.  If it was my rink, I'd either have to lay in a supply of pucks, or find a few sheets of scrap plywood to provide backboards.

Already a step ahead of you ;) I've got some plywood set out just for that. I am also in the process of getting my boards painted with sponsors! Maybe i'll make some space for "Iceshanty.com" ::) on my boards...

Offline mjc2799

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 24, 2004, 02:06 PM »
My question ... who drives the Zamboni ??... vroom , vroom ... nice rink rocket ...

mike
Git - R - Done !!!

Offline Chucker

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice - It's not just for drinking!
« Reply #5 on: Dec 24, 2004, 08:55 PM »
Kind of fitting, in a way... An empty rink, thanks to a bunch of guys who aren't willing to budge.  :(
I'm a-going to stay where ya sleep all day,
Where they hung the jerk who invented work
In the big rock candy mountains.

Offline icy mike

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Nope!
« Reply #6 on: Dec 24, 2004, 10:35 PM »
Use your auger to drill a hole and make a putting rink!  That would make a great picture.  You could have a caddy lift the auger just before the puck goes in!

I do like the rink.

Icy Mike

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.