Author Topic: Uncut angling  (Read 6615 times)

Offline DTro

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Uncut angling
« Reply #30 on: Jan 20, 2021, 08:07 AM »
I gave up on Miliken. I used to like his videos, but he just got so obnoxious and I got sick of his clickbait titles (like "we were FORCED to leave IMMEDIATELY after this"... and it turns out to be nothing). I don't consider him any better than Flair or the googans anymore.  ::) 

Not to mention the video where Ben snagged crappies for half an hour and acted like it wasn't his fault they kept getting hooked, then used the excuse of needing content to justify it when people complained.

Definitely the champion of clickbait titles

Offline wirehairman

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Jan 20, 2021, 08:44 AM »
I truly believe Jay Siemens is the best out there...bar none...regardless of how often anyone uploads.

I've watched a few of Jay's videos in the last couple of days based upon all the positive comments in this thread.  I just can't get into them.  In the words of my 11 year old, "Is he going to talk for 27 minutes before we can watch him fish for 2 minutes?"

Offline ICEHOLE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • INSTAGRAM: MATTACHUSETTS
« Reply #32 on: Jan 20, 2021, 08:52 AM »
I've watched a few of Jay's videos in the last couple of days based upon all the positive comments in this thread.  I just can't get into them.  In the words of my 11 year old, "Is he going to talk for 27 minutes before we can watch him fish for 2 minutes?"
Depends if you are more into observing fishing or learning how to fish. different imo...sounds like you might be more into Millikens click bait fishing

Offline wyogator

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #33 on: Jan 20, 2021, 09:12 AM »
I like Uncut and Tom Boley. I haven't seen the others.  I'm surprised no-one has mentioned Kyle Sorensen.

Offline Doeslayer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #34 on: Jan 20, 2021, 09:20 AM »
I dont see many mentioning jay seimens but him and aaron fish together a lot... Jay puts out a lot of really good content with a lot of good info.... Schick is good too.... If you guys wanna watch a good local giy check out ltoutdoors... He a guy from here in michigan... Not as mainstream but a good dude to watch
Catch and release, into the grease!
"gotta be somebody needs some killin" ~ Major Payne

Offline bearnoob

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #35 on: Jan 20, 2021, 10:21 AM »
I'll also plug 330Maniac. Lives and works just down the road from me (though we don't know each other), but really good MN fishing content. Beaver trapping too if you're into that (not my scene but after a few beers I start thinking it looks like fun).

I loved Millikin's contend but couldn't stand Millikin's language. If I can't watch with my kids then it's not worth my time.
Hardwater fisherman since 2014. All opinions subject to change as experience increases.

Offline POk3s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gettin' JGGY with it!
« Reply #36 on: Jan 20, 2021, 12:08 PM »
haha I watched your jetboil video man!  ;D

Thanks buddy  ;D
Trent Williams
When hell freezes over, I’ll ice fish there too!

Offline wirehairman

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #37 on: Jan 20, 2021, 04:39 PM »
Depends if you are more into observing fishing or learning how to fish. different imo...sounds like you might be more into Millikens click bait fishing

I watch Tom Boley, Jason Mitchell, send IDO trying to learn more about fishing techniques, structure, seasonal fish patterns,  etc.  I watch Uncut Angling because Aaron is entertaining and can flat catch fish.

Maybe I'm missing something with Jay's videos. A video titled "The FATTEST Walleye I've Ever Seen!" that turns out to be 20 minutes of Jay and his wife lounging on cots in an ice hut and posing for selfish leading up to two minutes of footage of a really nice fish that seemed to randomly swim by seems like the clickbait you're describing. I may have tuned it out due to boredom but didn't catch Jay talking once about where they were set up and why, their presentations other than a plug or two for Frostbite, or any other useful information.

Offline CMS

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #38 on: Jan 20, 2021, 08:15 PM »
I really enjoy watching anything with Aaron in it.  I will definitely check out some of the others mentioned.  For me, I like watching some of the local guys from our area that fish a lot of the same waters that I do. I try to watch spilt milt and the Clumdog outdoors guys, they’re both entertaining and informative.

Offline Driftless Bowhunter

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #39 on: Jan 21, 2021, 07:30 AM »
I am also glad that Aaron is back. His videos are the best, in my opinion. the guy is just so entertaining with his zaniness and he sure can catch fish. Like others have mentioned also, Tom Boley and 330Maniac, put out great videos. Check them out if you haven't already. Tom especially, is a real teacher of fishing techniques and tatics (ice and open water). You won't be disappointed with his content.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #40 on: Jan 21, 2021, 08:43 AM »
i could second that, his videos are great. But part of my appeal to uncut is Arons zany personality..hes a bit more of a character. Jay seems much more organized tho

More of a game of who's wife I like more.  Aaron is a fishermen first...Jay is a cameraman first.  Both are fun to watch.  Definitely prefer Sam over Aaron's wife...even though Aaron's wife fishes better.

Offline hnd

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #41 on: Jan 21, 2021, 08:50 AM »

agreed, his production value is off the charts, but just fish man. 

thats the problem with a ton of these jokers.  No i don't want to see you roaming through walmart looking for gear and snacks, no I don't want to watch you cook fish afterwards, just fish. if you are going to teach me something new about fishing, teach.... the moment i see a title with "CATCH CLEAN COOK"  I'm like thats gonna be a no from me dawg

Offline IceAddict87

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #42 on: Jan 21, 2021, 08:54 AM »
I watch Aaron’s crappie video from 5-6 years ago at least twice during the season, he is the real deal. Clayton and Jay are close seconds to uncut. Sobi and  FishnMore are pretty good, fishnmore was a lot better before he started trying too hard, Sobi is just one of those guys you would want to hang out with. I agree with everyone else on Miliken, I really like watching him when he is with pig patrol but by himself I can’t take it. He is way too arrogant and it seems like fishing is becoming more and more of a job for him. River Certified is a local guy here in iowa and he puts out some awesome content.

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #43 on: Jan 21, 2021, 09:01 AM »
I watch Aaron’s crappie video from 5-6 years ago at least twice during the season, he is the real deal. Clayton and Jay are close seconds to uncut. Sobi and  FishnMore are pretty good, fishnmore was a lot better before he started trying too hard, Sobi is just one of those guys you would want to hang out with. I agree with everyone else on Miliken, I really like watching him when he is with pig patrol but by himself I can’t take it. He is way too arrogant and it seems like fishing is becoming more and more of a job for him. River Certified is a local guy here in iowa and he puts out some awesome content.

I was wondering if anyone was going to mention the stashebag... I like Josh's vids because usually he just walks out and wings it chasing whatever he can find in the neighborhood. My type of fishing...
"May your lines be tight and never be tangled" (old Frankish Proverb)  Guinea 2021

Offline IceAddict87

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #44 on: Jan 21, 2021, 09:18 AM »
I was wondering if anyone was going to mention the stashebag... I like Josh's vids because usually he just walks out and wings it chasing whatever he can find in the neighborhood. My type of fishing...

That’s what I like about him, he works hard at it, he is informative and funny at the same time, it’s good when him and miliken are together. The spillway stuff gets old but I know it’s the best way for him to catch fish since he doesn’t have a boat. Him and river certified are great together as well.

Offline harpenter

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #45 on: Jan 21, 2021, 09:21 AM »
Aaron/Uncut is my favorite as well. The 39 hours shows he put together even got my kids hooked so that's a plus for me. 

Sobi, FishNMore, Boley, & PigPatrol are my other go to watches.  Sobi is probably my favorite to watch besides Aaron.  He's got the personality to fit in with the guys I fish with.

Offline IceAddict87

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #46 on: Jan 21, 2021, 09:33 AM »
Can’t forget MAV, haha. His fishing videos are ok and i find his truck camping adventures interesting from time to time but he is a little bit of a hippie. Murph is another great one I recently found, the guy is a real down to earth live off the land type. camps in his truck when fishing and travels all over. Production quality is really good considering he just started.

Offline hnd

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #47 on: Jan 21, 2021, 10:00 AM »
mav basically documenting whats it like to be homeless is not what i'm going to waste my time watching. 

Offline DTro

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #48 on: Jan 21, 2021, 02:17 PM »
We picked up Mav on the river one day back in Nov.  He got a tip and walked back through the swamp and started casting right where we were anchored.  We were like hey you might as well just jump in the boat so we aren't crossing lines.  :)     We hammered some big eyes and pike that day.   

Offline jerryfishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #49 on: Jan 21, 2021, 03:58 PM »
I really enjoy Aaron's videos! He knows his stuff and is quite the character. Glad he is back and shared his misadventure with us all.

Offline wyogator

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #50 on: Jan 21, 2021, 04:43 PM »
I just checked out Mav's video and really enjoyed it.

Offline twinkster

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #51 on: Jan 21, 2021, 05:21 PM »
Loved 39 hours, even got a few of my buddies interested in trying to do a tournament like it. Really hoping for a season 3
OFFICIAL NORTHERN SHIRT OF THE MIRC Proud member of the MIRC  

Offline fishinjohn

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • What doesnt kill a man makes him stronger
« Reply #52 on: Jan 21, 2021, 05:48 PM »
Loved 39 hours, even got a few of my buddies interested in trying to do a tournament like it. Really hoping for a season 3
Definitely hoping for a season 3 also

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.