Author Topic: Uncut angling  (Read 6619 times)

Offline fishinjohn

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • What doesnt kill a man makes him stronger
Uncut angling
« on: Jan 17, 2021, 08:47 AM »
So back in November Aaron posted a video of him trying to get out to safe ice which turned into video of him retrieving his gear from his boat days later.. that was the last video he has put out!! I hope everything is ok with him cause I'm going through uncut angling withdrawls!! Lol
Now I'm watching frostbite videos and clayton is good but just not the same as Aaron
Anyone have any clue as to where Aaron has gone?!?!

Offline Zeker259

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Uncut angling
« Reply #1 on: Jan 17, 2021, 09:27 AM »
Here's the video.

:tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :icefish:
Fishy, Fishy down the hole. Please come here and bend my pole. I jig and jig you take my hook and then I take you home to cook.

Offline nbourque

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice fish or die
« Reply #2 on: Jan 17, 2021, 09:43 AM »
Aaron is good but he doesn’t put out enough content to stay relevant. If he put out vids regularly he’d have over a million subscribers easily.

Offline fishinjohn

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 17, 2021, 11:26 AM »
Aaron is good but he doesn’t put out enough content to stay relevant. If he put out vids regularly he’d have over a million subscribers easily.
39 hours was absolutely one of the best ever!!!!!!!!

Offline mc1984ss

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 17, 2021, 03:17 PM »
My son and I both love Uncut angling and loved 39 hrs. We like Clayton but he's just not the same. My son often asks me if Aaron out up any new videos, I wish I could say yes

Offline fishinjohn

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Jan 17, 2021, 05:35 PM »
Yea it's kinda like hes disappeared

Offline SpoonieLuv

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 17, 2021, 08:07 PM »
Miss Aaron also. We watch Jay Siemens and Clayton a ton.  Like all these guys. The 39 hrs format is awesome!

Offline DTro

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Jan 18, 2021, 06:24 AM »
I think Uncut has the best fishing videos on YouTube.    I'm a quality over quantity guy and I could really care less if he does a video every day or a video every few months.  I'll still watch and he will still be "relevant" to me.  Matter of fact,  I usually quit watching when I see a channel upload a video every 2-3 days, there just isn't enough quality content to keep me entertained and these guys just spread it too thin and end up with nothing but clickbait and shout outs.   

Sounds like Aaron has been going through a rough patch in his personal life and I hope he can find a path that makes him happy.   

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8 on: Jan 18, 2021, 07:38 AM »
You guys are in luck, he has a new video posted.

WS

Offline ICEHOLE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • INSTAGRAM: MATTACHUSETTS
« Reply #9 on: Jan 18, 2021, 12:41 PM »
The best videos regardless of how often
I can imagine it's tough to have that kind of production,  while living life, starting a family and just getting things done

Offline BreweryBuilder

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Jan 18, 2021, 05:24 PM »
I truly believe Jay Siemens is the best out there...bar none...regardless of how often anyone uploads.

Offline OHeyes

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Jan 18, 2021, 07:26 PM »
Since Uncut hasnt been posting much, I find myself watching a lot of Clayton Schick videos.  Another good option is Tom Boley's channel. 

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē FÿSh
« Reply #12 on: Jan 18, 2021, 08:43 PM »
[/youtube]

Offline fishinjohn

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13 on: Jan 19, 2021, 06:07 AM »
I agree that they definitely don't need to put a video out once a week or once a month...
This last video he just put put most definitely explained what was going on with him!!!!
Glad hes ok and back on top of the hard water!!!

Offline ICEHOLE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • INSTAGRAM: MATTACHUSETTS
« Reply #14 on: Jan 19, 2021, 06:25 AM »
I truly believe Jay Siemens is the best out there...bar none...regardless of how often anyone uploads.
i could second that, his videos are great. But part of my appeal to uncut is Arons zany personality..hes a bit more of a character. Jay seems much more organized tho

Offline bearnoob

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Jan 19, 2021, 06:29 AM »
Since Uncut hasnt been posting much, I find myself watching a lot of Clayton Schick videos.  Another good option is Tom Boley's channel.

I haven't watched much of Clayton but Tom Boley has put more walleye in my boat than any other youtuber or tv personality.
Hardwater fisherman since 2014. All opinions subject to change as experience increases.

Offline FishGut

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #16 on: Jan 19, 2021, 06:57 AM »
I'm not a big fan of YouTube fishing videos. It takes a good bit of effort and a more enormous ego to regularly create material that you probably won't get paid for. I've run across the locals that are trying to make their own fishing channels. They to a man they are all jerks. My grandfather would have pushed them out of the boat, or made 'em walk home for their hubris.

Teach, if that's the motivation why you tape yourself. Unfortunately too often it's about boasting, selling crape, or taking the credit for other people's research and efforts.

For instance, I haven't learned anything new from In-Fisherman in the last 30 years. "Buy Berkley and Rapala" is all I get from them. Okay, okay. *sheesh*

Nebraska certified Fishing Instructor

Offline frozen eyelet

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Jan 19, 2021, 07:32 AM »
I watched Aarons video last night.  Pretty well thought out on how he retreived all his lost gear. Pretty amazing the livescope still functioned after being submerged for a week.
Oh ya pig crappie he caught when he finally staarted fishing.
I watch Tom Boley all the time.  He does alot of explaining and even gets my wife to watch who doesnt care about fishing.  Yes he links what he uses but you don't have to buy it and he shows alot of where he fishes and helps out on where to look with your maps, good show, top notch guy.
Have LiveScope, will Travel.....

Offline JohnnyO19

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Jan 19, 2021, 08:42 AM »
Ha, A plane lands on the ice and joins him, too funny. Love his videos! Glad he's back and all is well with him

Offline jimhaney08

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #19 on: Jan 19, 2021, 08:56 AM »
I like Uncut Angling.  Well made videos.  I haven't watched any of the other guys you mentioned, so I jotted them down!  Thanks for the references.
My Setup:  Otter XL sled on a smitty.  10" Strikemaster Lithium 50 Volt auger.  Clam Bigfoot XL 2000 hub.  Garmin Striker 5 Ice Bundle.

Offline sra61

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #20 on: Jan 19, 2021, 11:12 AM »
Good to see him back. He's a funny dude! Makes me smile.

Offline wirehairman

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #21 on: Jan 19, 2021, 11:15 AM »
I enjoy Aaron's videos more than any of the other YouTube fisherman but would agree Tom Boley has made me a much better walleye fisherman.

Offline tj_cubin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #22 on: Jan 19, 2021, 11:59 AM »
I was glad to see Uncut Angling show up on my subscriptions yesterday and i can't believe his gear still worked. It'll be interesting to see if that 100ah battery works.

I think Jay Siemens videos are at LEAST of the same quality as Aaron's.  Jay puts out a lot more videos, but it doesn't negatively affect the quality.  He has some of the most informative videos on YouTube. He isn't as big of a character as Aaron, but i don't see that as a negative either.

Theres a lot of other terrible fishing guys on youtube with clickbait titles and obnoxious attitudes, but i think Jay, Aaron, and Clayton are probably the best out there for both quality and personality.

Offline POk3s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gettin' JGGY with it!
« Reply #23 on: Jan 19, 2021, 12:25 PM »
I’m with you guys. Aaron is the absolute best. And look through here, I think the reason we enjoy him so much is because he keeps us waiting, and then when he puts one out he knocks it out of the park. I watch Jay, Clayton, and in depth outdoors. I don’t like the “in your face” guys who are constantly yelling and putting on a scene. I would rather watch an average Joe figure out a day on the water, then watch a bunch of arrogant dudes make excuses about why they’re not catching fish. It blows my mind how popular they are.

Some guys I think you guys should all look at that are members of this site are

Prospector
DTroFishOn
Clumdog Outdoors

Respectful people who put out great videos in my opinion.

I think this guy puts out the best ones but I could be biased 😁

&t=1s
Trent Williams
When hell freezes over, I’ll ice fish there too!

Offline HuyFishin

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #24 on: Jan 19, 2021, 12:32 PM »
haha I watched your jetboil video man!  ;D
https://www.youtube.com/c/HuyFishin
Follow like and subscribe! Appreciate the support!

Offline cwavs1982

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #25 on: Jan 19, 2021, 12:51 PM »
I enjoy Aaron's videos more than any of the other YouTube fisherman but would agree Tom Boley has made me a much better walleye fisherman.

^
X2 - my vote is Tom Boley!  He breaks it all down, does Tom Talks where he answers questions, and goes thru the entire season.  He is starting to branch out into other species, so this is always good.  Doesn't get stagnant in the walleye videos only. 
I do hunt, and I do fish, and I don't apologize to anybody for hunting and fishing - Norman Schwarzkopf

Offline waterlike

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #26 on: Jan 19, 2021, 01:17 PM »
I agree Uncut Angling is the best.  4 years ago when I started ice fishing he was my first teacher.  The best videos by far back then. Even now I think they are the best, but there are alot more guys making videos now.  He obviously takes an approach of being picky about subject matter.  He doesnt make videos of every fishing trip just to make them.  Seems like he picks unique subject matter each time, very educational.  Alot of the guys who make videos now are doing so to make a living.  And it seems like if you want to make a living you have to make 4 or 5 videos a week.  So the content gets watered down.  Still great stuff out there.  Uncut Angling, FishingGeeks, Clayton Schick outtdoors, and Jay siemens are great stuff from up north.  Jason Mitchell, Tom Boley are great also from the north US. Seems like Nick Linder is making great video's lately too.  In my local region, Pok3s and Prospector make great vidoes of what wyoming has to offer.  For more of a Bro hangout, Pigpatrol and Milliken can be fun.  Theres so many guys making videos you have to sift through material, but it can be worth it.  But if I had a choice, it would be uncut angling four times a week :)

Offline fishinjohn

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #27 on: Jan 19, 2021, 01:30 PM »
haha I watched your jetboil video man!  ;D
X2

Offline JohnnyO19

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28 on: Jan 19, 2021, 09:20 PM »

A number of people have mentioned Tom Boley. I'm gonna have to check him out  ;)

Offline tj_cubin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #29 on: Jan 20, 2021, 08:05 AM »
  For more of a Bro hangout, Pigpatrol and Milliken can be fun. 

I gave up on Miliken. I used to like his videos, but he just got so obnoxious and I got sick of his clickbait titles (like "we were FORCED to leave IMMEDIATELY after this"... and it turns out to be nothing). I don't consider him any better than Flair or the googans anymore.  ::) 

Not to mention the video where Ben snagged crappies for half an hour and acted like it wasn't his fault they kept getting hooked, then used the excuse of needing content to justify it when people complained.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.