Author Topic: Mr. Heater  (Read 1124 times)

iceguru

Mr. Heater
« on: Dec 24, 2003, 10:05 AM »
i bought the buddy heater and im having problems with this thing. i light it and it works for like 4 or 5 minutes the the pilot light goes out and theres a tick sound and it shuts off. why is this happening. the shanty im trying to heat up is pretty big and doesnt even heat it up before this happens. anyone got any ideas? let me know. thanks ice guru

Offline HIMO

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • GOATBOYS WISCONSIN CHAPTER 1st Wisconsin goat!!
Re:Mr. Heater
« Reply #1 on: Dec 24, 2003, 10:13 AM »
take it back. sounds like the thermocouple is bad,  I have one and it works fine.
It's not how deep you fish, but how you wiggle your worm !!!

Offline racepoint

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #2 on: Dec 24, 2003, 10:23 AM »
I agree with that........ this is the 3rd season I'm using mine and it works fine. Haven't had any problems with it.
Hey Jake!  Flag Up !!  (LMAO)

Offline bigredonice

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • keep searchin' 'till ya find 'em.
« Reply #3 on: Dec 24, 2003, 11:06 AM »
do you guys have any problems with the heater blowing out?  how about it going out if it even gets moved?

Offline Luckydog

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Dec 24, 2003, 12:45 PM »
I've had my Mr. Heater for around 9 years.  I've never had any problems with it blowing out or going off when moved.  At times it "Howls" when first fired up, but a finger over the air intake fixes the howling problem.  After 5 minutes, when everything gets warmed up, it works just fine.  It put's out too much heat for the Trap but works fine in the big Clam.  When run on low, in the Clam, we can only leave it on for around 15 minutes per hour....it get's too hot.  The bonus is that it also works great heating up a can of stew or soup.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.