Author Topic: Snowdog Reverse - Saved from the Slush!  (Read 4499 times)

Offline Gamalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Snowdog Reverse - Saved from the Slush!
« Reply #30 on: Jan 22, 2020, 06:57 AM »
What do you mean snowdog dropped you?

I bought the very first Snow Dog machine sold by my dealer here in SE NY. On the phone and before I made the 160 mile trip I asked if the one machine they had in stock has reverse. It was the B13-MER and the guy on the phone said the R stands for reverse. Upon arrival to pick up the machine I learned it did not have reverse and the salesman had misunderstood the model numbers. I also learned that no machines with the reverse could be found here on the east coast. They even called the distributor who told them no machines with the reverse could be had until the following year. I bought the machine and made contact with the 2 US Snow Dog reps, Vladimir and Sergei and both informed me they were working on a newer and better reversing system and I would be the first to get one when the bugs were ironed out. Both me and member gunflint were in contact with these reps and it took well over a full year before the new systems were available. My picture and glowing write up appears in the Snow Dog web advertisement. Gunflint actually met the reps out in the midwest at a sportsmans show and he got one of the new systems. I was told to contact my dealer to get one but still none were available yet. When the new system finally became available the price was high but the shipping was very expensive because it was freight and too heavy for UPS/FedX.
Between all of this and a full season of waiting I finally just bought a winch and set it up for both forward and reverse operations. I carry a folding kayak anchor in case I do get stuck on the ice, drill a hole and drop it down and I have an anchor point to winch me out forward or reverse. Both of the reps said sorry but as I said they did send me a SD hat.
I have no issue with the performance or quality of the SD machines but you would be a damn fool to ever buy the 13 HP model without reverse unless you are OK trying to lift and drag a 300+ pound machine out of your shed or truck/trailer or worse yet out of slush.

Gam
If I agreed with you we would both be wrong!

Offline Poco+loco

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Snowdog Reverse - Saved from the Slush!
« Reply #31 on: Jan 22, 2020, 07:19 PM »
I bought the very first Snow Dog machine sold by my dealer here in SE NY. On the phone and before I made the 160 mile trip I asked if the one machine they had in stock has reverse. It was the B13-MER and the guy on the phone said the R stands for reverse. Upon arrival to pick up the machine I learned it did not have reverse and the salesman had misunderstood the model numbers. I also learned that no machines with the reverse could be found here on the east coast. They even called the distributor who told them no machines with the reverse could be had until the following year. I bought the machine and made contact with the 2 US Snow Dog reps, Vladimir and Sergei and both informed me they were working on a newer and better reversing system and I would be the first to get one when the bugs were ironed out. Both me and member gunflint were in contact with these reps and it took well over a full year before the new systems were available. My picture and glowing write up appears in the Snow Dog web advertisement. Gunflint actually met the reps out in the midwest at a sportsmans show and he got one of the new systems. I was told to contact my dealer to get one but still none were available yet. When the new system finally became available the price was high but the shipping was very expensive because it was freight and too heavy for UPS/FedX.
Between all of this and a full season of waiting I finally just bought a winch and set it up for both forward and reverse operations. I carry a folding kayak anchor in case I do get stuck on the ice, drill a hole and drop it down and I have an anchor point to winch me out forward or reverse. Both of the reps said sorry but as I said they did send me a SD hat.
I have no issue with the performance or quality of the SD machines but you would be a damn fool to ever buy the 13 HP model without reverse unless you are OK trying to lift and drag a 300+ pound machine out of your shed or truck/trailer or worse yet out of slush.

Gam
That sucks. If they promised it to you , then back pedaled , I'd be really pissed. I own the 13 compact, what I 've been doing to somewhat alleviate the reverse problem, is I  drive it up onto a moving dolly then into my shed for storage.This way getting it in and out is a lot easier.Then I just drive it up on to a hitch mounted Cargo carrier that I purchased at Harbor Frieght. Pulling the thing backwards off the carrier and down the ramp is where I could use the reverse.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.