Author Topic: Poll for fishermen....Your input is important !!!  (Read 4451 times)

Offline Gills-only

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When hell freezes over, I'll ice fish there too!!
Re: Poll for fishermen....Your input is important !!!
« Reply #60 on: Feb 15, 2012, 06:26 PM »
The wardens word carries a lot of weight, wish ya luck.

Offline just_a_beer_man

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #61 on: Feb 15, 2012, 06:30 PM »
Had a dink perch do it just the other day, twice.
Flag!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #62 on: Feb 15, 2012, 06:30 PM »
Generally speaking, a "Lesser Plea" is given to clear the court dockets for other more serious issues. More often than not a token fine and "Don't do it again" and it's all over. Tie up the courts time and if found guilty fines and stuff become heavier to pay for all the County's expense of taken someone through the system. But I do sincerely hope you are found not guilty. Good luck.

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #63 on: Feb 15, 2012, 06:31 PM »
Had a dink perch do it just the other day, twice.
Repeat offender? tsk tsk  :nono:

Offline frozengator

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #64 on: Feb 16, 2012, 01:12 AM »
[ but the burden is upon you to prove otherwise. A prosecutor, combined with a peace officer or warden whom wrote the citation and claims to have seen the infraction or illegal activity, carries far more weight within the judicial system than the accused who stands there and says, "I didn't do it! The fish jumped back onto the ice all by itself!"

Then again, they let OJ go too so no worries!  ;D
[/quote]All I have to say is what ever happen to innocent until proven guilty???? And why would he only have one fish sitting on the ice if he was planning to keep it. I would have to say the warden should have waited to see if he did it again then bust him. I still see no proof here that he did wrong. And like he is trying to prove it happens and it is a big mistake. I can't see fighting this if it wasn't. Lets hear from one of you Ice shanty wardens!! I know your lurking out there. LOL  What would you suggest he do???
Gator Nation

Offline gunnerdog

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #65 on: Feb 16, 2012, 08:09 AM »
I just had a minnow do it yesterday. I slid a plain red hook into it's back and dropped in the holed.  It went down about 3 inches and straight back up and onto the slush on the side of the hole.
Gunnerdog

Offline TheDL

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #66 on: Feb 16, 2012, 09:10 AM »
wow, I've never heard of this happaning?  To those who say it's common - do you just flop the fish back in the hole?  I will "launch" a fish back down head first if it's small, and hold the tail and stick my hand in the water to 'revive' a bigger fish.  if they don't start swimming down they probably are going to die.

That's too bad about your ticket - I hope you win your case.  Out of curiousity - what was the fine?  What was the plea?   good for you for standing up for yourself when you're right - I would too - hope it works out for you.
Tight lines

Offline BlueDuck

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #67 on: Feb 16, 2012, 09:48 AM »
Yep, fairly common.

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #68 on: Feb 16, 2012, 10:06 AM »
All I have to say is what ever happen to innocent until proven guilty???? And why would he only have one fish sitting on the ice if he was planning to keep it. I would have to say the warden should have waited to see if he did it again then bust him. I still see no proof here that he did wrong. And like he is trying to prove it happens and it is a big mistake. I can't see fighting this if it wasn't. Lets hear from one of you Ice shanty wardens!! I know your lurking out there. LOL  What would you suggest he do???
Agreed, innocent until proven guilty. But in the bigger scheme of things, a warden isn't known for going around issuing citations to innocent parties to begin with. Sad fact is, according to OP he is innocent, but a trained and hopefully experienced employee of the State Fish & Game saw what he deemed to be an infraction of the law. This initiates the process and the State is going to lean towards the weight of the officers testimony and what they witnessed in order to issue a citation.

OP may get out of it and hopefully so. Bottom line is he did receive a ticket and is now going to have to overcome the wardens credibility, or show the warden made a mistake to begin with.

FWIW, I too have had fish not go back down the hole when released and I will either push them down further or wait for them to swim below the bottom of the ice. Last week I had a Lake Trout not want to go back down and had to walk clear back to my sled to get a long-handled ice skimmer and push the trout below the ice so he could swim away.

Lesson to be learned? Make sure your fish is gone before you walk off and a Warden arrives.

Offline Lobes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Just Fishin'
« Reply #69 on: Feb 16, 2012, 10:25 AM »
I think anyone that does a lot of icefishing will witness this. I'm sure conservation officers view of this will leave the responsibility to the fisherman to make sure the fish go back down the hole and stay down the hole.

:tipup:
NBG

Mecosta County / Lakeview, Michigan

Offline combsey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • take a friend fishing
« Reply #70 on: Feb 16, 2012, 10:31 AM »
The bass on cossunyna are know for it   Itook my niece fishing there 2 years ago and she turned it into a game.   1 bass ( about 2 lbs) did it 2 times in a row.   My only thing is that ' was your tip up inthe hole or were you fixing it and it was out?    Never had a fish come out of a hole when a tip up was in it   
proud supporter of P. E. T. A.
(People Eating Tasty Animals)

Offline kasilofchrisn

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #71 on: Feb 16, 2012, 11:43 AM »
Yes this has happened to me a few times. usually when released tail first down the hole when I wasn't thinking.  Releasing the fish head first is a big help as fish cannot swim backwards.
I have had fish get off just as I was about to grab them and they then came out of the hole and flopped around and then back down it before I could reach it.
KasilofChrisN
"I listen to the voices in my tackle box"

Offline doran

• IceShanty Rookie
  • ICE FISHING! LOVE IT!
« Reply #72 on: Feb 16, 2012, 12:05 PM »
there was a redneck fisher man from my local area that was once caught with a bunch of bass in a bucket that were out of season at the time. he was approached by a dec officer and was immideatly pursued. the dec officer stated it was illegal to keep bass during that time of season. the red neck replied well sir these fish here are my pets. DEC officer replied your pets my ass. PROVE IT. the red neck simply explained that he takes his pet bass out every Saturday to swim and they come back to him and he takes them home to put back in his pond. the dec officer confused says show me i don't believe you. when the red neck put the fish in the lake to swim around he stood there for a while watching over the lake. after a few mins the dec officer says to the redneck arent you going to call your fish back and the redneck replied WHAT FISH?
Well im gonna miss her when i get home. cuz right now im on that lake shore and sitting in the sun. im sure itll hit me when i walk thru that door tonight. well im gonna miss her o lookie there i got a FLAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG GGGG!!!!!!!! ye haaa

Offline vtshantyman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • grab your rod and get jiggy with it
« Reply #73 on: Feb 16, 2012, 12:35 PM »
there was a redneck fisher man from my local area that was once caught with a bunch of bass in a bucket that were out of season at the time. he was approached by a dec officer and was immideatly pursued. the dec officer stated it was illegal to keep bass during that time of season. the red neck replied well sir these fish here are my pets. DEC officer replied your pets my ass. PROVE IT. the red neck simply explained that he takes his pet bass out every Saturday to swim and they come back to him and he takes them home to put back in his pond. the dec officer confused says show me i don't believe you. when the red neck put the fish in the lake to swim around he stood there for a while watching over the lake. after a few mins the dec officer says to the redneck arent you going to call your fish back and the redneck replied WHAT FISH?

this is totaly off topic but yes ;D ;D :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Offline openingact

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • A bad day fishing beats a good day working!
« Reply #74 on: Feb 16, 2012, 01:28 PM »

needed a laugh.... thanks!

Offline doran

• IceShanty Rookie
  • ICE FISHING! LOVE IT!
« Reply #75 on: Feb 16, 2012, 02:44 PM »
i actually had 4 pickrel do it to me at perch lake last saturday and my father who fished for 35 years couldnt believe it.
Well im gonna miss her when i get home. cuz right now im on that lake shore and sitting in the sun. im sure itll hit me when i walk thru that door tonight. well im gonna miss her o lookie there i got a FLAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG GGGG!!!!!!!! ye haaa

Offline IceNeck9292

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #76 on: Feb 16, 2012, 03:43 PM »
have had it happen a few times. some times they will free willy it out on to the ice
that gave me a little chuckle ...
Cacth them by day, fillet them by night.

Offline frozengator

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #77 on: Mar 09, 2012, 12:45 AM »
Well what was the out come?????????? ::)
Gator Nation

Offline eplindstrom

• IceShanty Rookie
  • If this boat is rocking you have a serious problem
« Reply #78 on: Mar 09, 2012, 02:18 PM »
When you pull fish up from a deep depth (saw it at 30 possibly even shallower), their swim bladders expand making it impossible to swim back down. We caught some tiny perch that we wanted to release but even pushing them down in the water they felt incredibly buoyant, so we ended up keeping them.  Also putting a fish down the hole tail first would probably get it to jump back out. Hope this helps

Offline snybry

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #79 on: Mar 09, 2012, 07:24 PM »
perch do it to me all the time if i dont put them in just right they just jump right back out.

Offline MichiganMan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #80 on: Mar 11, 2012, 02:50 PM »
  Over the years I've had quite a few bass come back up and out, also small walleye on a couple occasions. Not unussual at all for perch and bluegills.
It's more important to be nice, than it is nice to be important.

Offline dachmation

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #81 on: Mar 11, 2012, 04:30 PM »
Besides all that, wheres his evidence? LoL

Offline jumbo chaser

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • never to cold to fish not cold enough!!
« Reply #82 on: Mar 12, 2012, 04:13 PM »
Been ice fishing for 20+ years its happened a lot a few times a year ;D ;D
Never to many short poles

Offline TheDL

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #83 on: Mar 13, 2012, 12:56 PM »
Tight lines

Offline pipeboy98

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #84 on: Mar 13, 2012, 03:56 PM »
he may not be able to answer you until he gets computer privlidges in the slammer....you know how those bass offenders are!!

Bullelk34

« Reply #85 on: Mar 13, 2012, 10:04 PM »
I heard he got 30-to-life, depending on behavior he'll be eligible for paroll in 2028.....

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.