Author Topic: "Project X" Underway  (Read 4435 times)

Offline walleyeslayr

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: "Project X" Underway
« Reply #30 on: Nov 14, 2010, 03:16 PM »
blah, blah, blah

Offline smitty0312

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Build A Smitty Sled.......it's a back & lung saver
« Reply #31 on: Nov 14, 2010, 04:06 PM »
[email protected] if you don't have a FB account.....or search "The Original Smitty Sled" on FB....thank you

Offline rgfixit

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #32 on: Nov 14, 2010, 04:34 PM »
Must be another "Sham Wow"...just for ice fishing.

Shameless self promoter.
RG
"Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?"

Offline gaudetskie

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • It's called Leinenkugels and it means Great Beer!
« Reply #33 on: Nov 14, 2010, 05:59 PM »
Can I get on the list to see what you've got going?
I've been on here since 06, and I have to much respect for my fellow ice-fishermen to blow this for you. Let me know if you'll allow me to see it. (I'll understand if ya don't) I gladly support IS members if I think their products will work on the ice. Ask ICE 45. I just purchased a bunch of jigs from him. Let me know either way.
Nick.

If your going to play Russian Roulette, use a gun with a clip and don't go first!

Offline MT Hank

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • My Fishin Buddy
« Reply #34 on: Nov 14, 2010, 07:17 PM »
BaitWrangler, I have been watching this thread since the beginning and have no idea what this might be except that it may be good for ice fishing. I have been on here for about 5 years, probably 3 of them as a "lurker". So I am not at continous poster so I guess that makes me an outsider but I am really intrested in what it is you are doing/making... Any chance I could at least get a PM as to what this migh be?? I am not a thief of anyones ideas.

Just thinking out loud... Thanks!

Offline stumper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Never settle for less
« Reply #35 on: Nov 15, 2010, 10:09 PM »
 ??? Why?

Offline littlesturgeonguy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #36 on: Nov 15, 2010, 10:24 PM »
A friend of mine came up with a simple design that attached to a tool and made it much easier to use. The patent cost him 10k.

You sure got my curiosity going and would love to see what you have come up with. Been a member here since 05. There is a lot of creativity in IS, i like seeing everyones ideas and designs.

Offline HIMO

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • GOATBOYS WISCONSIN CHAPTER 1st Wisconsin goat!!
« Reply #37 on: Nov 16, 2010, 02:11 AM »
I think this thread should be HIMO'ed.

MD

it's getting close.LOL!!!

HIMO
                                    Iceshanty Moderator
It's not how deep you fish, but how you wiggle your worm !!!

Offline pikeking

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #38 on: Nov 16, 2010, 03:11 AM »
RUN GUYS HE FOUND IT!!! :callcops: :whistle:
If fishing was work I'd never be sick!

Offline HIMO

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • GOATBOYS WISCONSIN CHAPTER 1st Wisconsin goat!!
« Reply #39 on: Nov 16, 2010, 06:26 AM »
RUN GUYS HE FOUND IT!!! :callcops: :whistle:

ROFLMAO!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :woot: :woot: :woot: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

HIMO
                                    Iceshanty Moderator
It's not how deep you fish, but how you wiggle your worm !!!

Offline esox slayer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #40 on: Nov 16, 2010, 06:41 AM »
Because this provides readers with no useful information.
Because this looks like/smell like/must be shameless self-promotion.

JMHO
MD

Bounce it !

I smell all the above....
Marine Infantry NCO- Semper Fi!!!

Offline michianafisherman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pleasant Times At Pleasant Lake
« Reply #41 on: Nov 16, 2010, 06:58 AM »
This was started March 16th. Give him another week at least.
HELD HOSTAGE BY PHOTOBUCKET

Offline lostfishy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #42 on: Nov 16, 2010, 07:29 AM »
Maybe project "X" is a life, full of internet buddies to correspond with. Nice work.

Offline knotreelly

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #43 on: Nov 16, 2010, 07:45 AM »
let him run with it, who's getting hurt? not interested, don't click on it. i hope it works out for you. i'm curious.

Offline panfishman13

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #44 on: Nov 16, 2010, 01:24 PM »
me too, if i don't get to see what this is i'll blame you guys  >:( lol

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #45 on: Nov 17, 2010, 01:21 PM »
he has showed a few!
I am a Veteran Not a Terrorist!

Offline FishingNewEngland

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fishing New England
« Reply #46 on: Nov 17, 2010, 01:37 PM »
I still want to see what it is.....

Offline BaitWrangler

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • It's a trap!
« Reply #47 on: Nov 19, 2010, 10:19 AM »
Whats up guys.  Sorry if this thread is annoying some! It can get 'bounced' if need be - but it seems theres equal footing between readers as to it staying or going! I think some enjoy the mystery, others the discussion and then those who know what it is have enjoyed rolling with me from the begining. For those inital folk, good things will come if I can obtain a corporate following for this device. (Which I need - because the device is not perfect due to my insufficent engineering skills.)  I'd like to come up with a way to make a few people some test devices to fool around with - but as some know I had my ankle repaired Oct 22 so I'm limping around from A to B and haven't driven for almost a month! Sort of hard to buy supplies when you can't do that. I also fret that the device isn't perfect to my liking and that folks won't like it  (as much) apprioately so. Until I can get a 'real' engineer to build me a better one (according to my specs, wiring, circuitry... I just don't physically know how) I'm at a big disadvantage.  But on a positive note the device works fine, I'm just a perfectionist.

Anyways... In recent news, I had surprisingly NO response at all from HT. Not even a reply back to my message to their corporate headquarters.  Frankly I'm amazed.  For one, I know this product is second to none in the ice fishing world, and would sell high numbers.  And as a kicker, what kind of company doesn't emails? The reason I choose them in the first place was because their name is 'Hi-Tech' and this device is very high tech so it fits their company quite well. Second, I built it around one of my HT Tip-ups, despite the fact that it is an interchangeable item.     I guess I will have the last laugh because I would be hard pressed if no one rolls with my idea.

Next in line is a foreign company. (Delkim) What may be difficult is convincing them to pick up an American idea... and that ice fishing is popular. Perhaps you all might begin to develop an idea of what the device is/does from that clue. ;)

Keep this thread going!     :P

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
« Reply #48 on: Nov 19, 2010, 10:32 AM »
Seriously....give Lindy a try. I was in touch with them 7 or 8 years back on an item I now manufacture...they were interested and answered all of my replies...
I ultimately decided to produce the item myself, since I had the facility and items to do so.
“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

Offline littlesturgeonguy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #49 on: Nov 19, 2010, 10:39 AM »
You could very well be bit in the arse going into this without a patent. There is nothing stopping the big guy from stepping on the little guy. I know a patent is expensive and its not saying anyone is going to buy it. But if you are showing the product to company's and functionality, there is nothing stopping them from building it and cutting you out of the picture.
I wish you luck and hope to see whatever it is someday.

rickl1968

« Reply #50 on: Nov 19, 2010, 10:48 AM »
I say keep it going, im am so intrigued and want to see it! ;D

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
« Reply #51 on: Nov 19, 2010, 10:55 AM »
You could very well be bit in the arse going into this without a patent. There is nothing stopping the big guy from stepping on the little guy.

Absolutely correct...and they will do it, too. If you decide to run that way, be VERY careful, divulge as little as possible until you reach an agrement...THEN get a lawyer...a must!
“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

Offline BaitWrangler

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • It's a trap!
« Reply #52 on: Nov 20, 2010, 10:41 AM »
You could very well be bit in the arse going into this without a patent. There is nothing stopping the big guy from stepping on the little guy. I know a patent is expensive and its not saying anyone is going to buy it. But if you are showing the product to company's and functionality, there is nothing stopping them from building it and cutting you out of the picture.
I wish you luck and hope to see whatever it is someday.

Thanks Sturgeon! You are proving my point exactly my friend!  Smart man!!

This is why I am only releasing limited information even on IS.  I wanted to have a few people give me their input on my device, as what I perceive as useful may be totally useless to the rest of the world.  As long as other fisherman like it, then I know it's something worth putting my time and effort into futher.

Even more. Since I've already built mine - if you had it in your hands/opened the case (which is required to switch out the battery), well you'd pretty much know how it works. It's that simple. Unlike say Delkims products (hint hint) which utilize specialized technology that they themselves have developed. (For open water.)

Essentially I'm banking on the fact that I can market my idea and my self as a member of someones team. On the other hand I can produce these things in my garage and turn out a slightly less quality product for the time being. Then hope that no big company takes it on before I can gather enough of a following to get an advanced paycheck and acheive what I am seeking now. (A perfect device and a little compensation.)  And I'm not looking for much.  Maybe a years salary or 8-10% of the projected 5 year revenue of the item... If it could be sold for $10-$15 that wouldn't be much money.

Rebels. I think I will take you advice my friend.  The reason I chose Delkim is because the product is up their alley. However it's so much easier to deal with an American company. I contacted Bean a while back and we discussed the sponsors but we couldn't really pinpoint one that would fit. Maybe we missed Lindy or they just joined?  I appreciate the help and thanks for sticking with me guys!

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #53 on: Nov 20, 2010, 10:50 AM »
it is  a cool idea and hopefully the funding will come about      its  just out here now for him to tell us when we could buy them!  and follow along a journey of how something goes from an idea to the hands of the fishermen
I am a Veteran Not a Terrorist!

Offline gaspumper

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #54 on: Nov 20, 2010, 01:32 PM »
I would think it is some kind of battery operated alarm for a tip up/tip down.RIGHT or WRONG.

Offline stumper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Never settle for less
« Reply #55 on: Nov 27, 2010, 09:46 PM »
Who cares? Nobody is forcing you to read it. You have been around long enough to know that. ::)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.