The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Birchwood Lake  (Read 837 times)

Offline wetdreams

• Team IceShanty Regular
Birchwood Lake
« on: Mar 13, 2019, 07:22 PM »
I just received permission to fish Birchwood lake. A guy I work with has a house right on the lake but he doesn't fish. Does anyone have any info about this lake like what kind of fish are in the lake & is it good fishing ? Just asking before I buy my none resident license. Any help would be appreciated . Thanks Walt

Offline esoxnepa

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Birchwood Lake
« Reply #1 on: Mar 14, 2019, 07:05 AM »
If you're talking Birchwood Lake in Pike County, I'd suggest waiting to ice fish it until next ice season.  Birchwood tends to freeze fast and melt fast from what my friends that fish it tell me. 

Normally, if you have a property owner's permission, there isn't any problem fishing it.  It's probably best to let him know what day you'll be there just in case security wants to know who gave you the OK. 

Offline wetdreams

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Mar 14, 2019, 11:40 AM »
thanks for the reply. Do you know what kind of fish are in there & how the fishing is there ?  Walt

Offline esoxnepa

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Mar 14, 2019, 05:31 PM »
I dropped you a PM. 

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Mar 15, 2019, 08:52 AM »
I would check with security. You may need an amenity pass as well as having permission from the property owner. I live in a different private community in Pike Co. and that’s how it works here. Sometimes security checks for the passes.
Where's the FISH?!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.