Author Topic: leaders with spinners  (Read 1288 times)

Offline minnow1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
leaders with spinners
« on: Jan 23, 2005, 08:16 PM »
Does anyone use leaders for pike with a spoon or spinner attached to the top of it?  Saw one recently and was wondering how to rig it up.

Offline IceTroll

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: leaders with spinners
« Reply #1 on: Jan 24, 2005, 04:21 AM »
Minnow1,
I do on some of my rigs but not all and only the ones I run under a tipup. I just put a clevis, like the kind on a worm harness, with a couple of beads above and below. I always use a real small silver blade when I do. Just something to flutter and flash a bit more when the minnow swims. I have had pretty good results doing this for Northerns, Walleye and Lake Trout. Some guys prefer a more natural presentation but I am a big believer in color. Where I fish, it is illegal to use pan fish like Crappie, Perch and Gills for bait which alot of times, one or more of these fish is the natural forage. Thats where the beads come in. I try to use color schemes that are found in the natural forage like orange and green to imitate a perch, silver for shad or shiners, blue and red for rainbows and so on and so forth. I use the beads on 90% of my leaders but spinner blades only on a couple. I also use alot of soft glow beads which dont seem to bother the Northerns, Walleyes and Lakers and is absolutely killer on big Ling (burbot,lawyer,eelpout, cusk). Let me know how it works for you if you give it a try.

IceTroll
Being in the great outdoors is not a matter of life or death. Its far more important than that!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.