Author Topic: Tackle box  (Read 2448 times)

Offline bikrsrule

• Team IceShanty Addict
Tackle box
« on: Aug 18, 2019, 05:34 AM »
I am looking for a box preferably with skis and a cover that will hold my tip ups. I have a xl tub that I pull with my atv and I keep my tip ups in a 5 gallon bucket. Not the best..anyone have one or have a good set of plans to build 1..needs to hold about 12 traps..

Offline Coffin Dodger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Tackle box
« Reply #1 on: Aug 19, 2019, 09:41 AM »
Use the search feature to look up Smitty sleds.
You can customize any kind of box or sled to put on top that suits your fancy.

Offline Lv2hunt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Don't get your Shanty pantys in a bunch!!
« Reply #2 on: Aug 20, 2019, 11:07 AM »
i have an old one i used to use wooden box with skis on it love to get rid of it. its yours if you'd like definitely customizable to fit your needs let me know.   Steve
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day teach him how to fish and he will sit there and drink all day!!

Offline bikrsrule

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Aug 20, 2019, 06:00 PM »
PM sent Steve

Offline Sylvanboat

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Nov 14, 2019, 02:29 PM »
I bought 2-liter plastic soda bottles and cut off the tops. Then bolted around the inside edge of my bucket.  A tip up goes into each bottle and they don't bounce around. Also hooks are at the bottom of the bottles and don't get tangled.

Offline Reginald Bonz III

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • FLAG UP!!!
« Reply #5 on: Nov 18, 2019, 03:31 PM »
I like that idea..  :)
Keep those holes clean and smooth

Offline bullman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Nov 20, 2019, 08:06 AM »
Mine is similar to what Sylvanboat has done. Not a sled, certainly, but a modified bucket that holds the essentials and keeps the traps from thrashing around. I used a leather belt from goodwill to create the slots for the traps around the edge. A smaller bucket fits inside and provides a snug gap for the traps to slid into at the bottom. Also attached small plastic tubes on the inside of the inner bucket to hold various items we're always reaching for. Ice cleats, hand warmers, extra line/weights/hooks, gloves and hats all fit in and keep everything tight while in transit. Even lying on its side it holds nicely.
(Apologies for some of the pic quality and they did not load in order.)
Maybe not exactly what you're looking for but might spark some ideas for you!

Offline bikrsrule

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Nov 21, 2019, 03:11 AM »
Those are all great ideas but my whole point with a sled is having my traps in a box with a lid so they dont all slushed up when I tow em with my atv or when fishing when its snowing...

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
  • The secret to fishing...fish where the fish are.
« Reply #8 on: Nov 21, 2019, 04:16 AM »
This is what I came up with. My minnow bucket fits inside. I also cut the bottom 3" off of another 5 gal. bucket and screwed it to the bottom of my tub and set this one inside of it to keep from tipping and sliding. As for keeping the snow/slush off...cut the bottoms off of 2 liter bottles and slip them over the tip up reels. Tether them from the neck of the bottle to a small hole drilled in the top of the PVC. Keeps them from possibly blowing off during transport and from flying away when tip up is in use.

"Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam circumspice."

Offline jethro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Nov 21, 2019, 07:04 AM »
Those are all great ideas but my whole point with a sled is having my traps in a box with a lid so they dont all slushed up when I tow em with my atv or when fishing when its snowing...

Get a cover for your Jet Sled, mine works great and I two with a sled that sprays snow all over it. Cover keeps the sled dry and I think they are only 30 bucks or so.
Quote- fishslap: I use a variety:  whistlin' bungholes, spleen splitters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker don'ts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistlin' kitty chaser

Ice safety link: http://lakeice.squarespace.com/

Offline johnnh

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Nov 26, 2019, 03:51 AM »
X2 on the jet sled cover.

I added stainless tie down eyes on my jet sled. 2 each on front, back and sides to attach bungee cords. This helps to hold the cover down well and also allows strapping my pop up down on the sled.
With the cover on, I carry everything I need and arrive with no snow and ice on my gear.

I am running a skidoo grand touring 600 with studs so I certainly throw plenty of ice and snow on my jet sled. Just brush it off and your ready to go

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
  • The secret to fishing...fish where the fish are.
« Reply #11 on: Nov 26, 2019, 04:03 AM »
You could also make a fairing that goes around the front of the sled.
"Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam circumspice."

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.