Author Topic: nighttime walleye  (Read 2118 times)

Offline pullingills

• IceShanty Rookie
nighttime walleye
« on: Jan 16, 2012, 05:27 PM »
dose anybody have any luck fishing at night for walleye? ive had good luck fishing the 30 mins before dark but never at dark. i normally only catch walleye on tip ups in 10-5 feet of water.

Offline Woodsman0311

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: nighttime walleye
« Reply #1 on: Jan 16, 2012, 10:01 PM »
I have heard of people doing this. Going out in the middle of the night to jig 'em up. I haven't tried it yet but would like to learn more.

Offline Capt J

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 17, 2012, 10:24 AM »
I like to fish at night for them.  Depending on the lake I have done well. Besides it very peaceful

Offline cousin eddie

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 17, 2012, 02:25 PM »
You might want to try moving after dark.  From the sounds of it, you are setting up on a drop off at dusk?  If I were in your shoes, I would go even shallower with the tip ups once nightfall sets in, maybe try 2-3 ft of water tight to shore.  Those walleyes could be moving from the depths during the day to the skinny water tighter to shore at night and cruising for baitfish.  They gotta go somewhere, and sitting in your "dusk spot" all night certainly doesn't sound like it's producing after dusk, so might as well try something different, right?

Offline eyesntightlines

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Beer on the ice is always nice!
« Reply #4 on: Jan 17, 2012, 05:50 PM »
Closer to shore will help you out for sure. I catch them within 10 feet of the shoreline at my honey hole and in 3 feet or less water. They come right in at night and cruise around.

Offline laclabiche walleye hunter

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Jan 19, 2012, 11:52 AM »
Closer to shore will help you out for sure. I catch them within 10 feet of the shoreline at my honey hole and in 3 feet or less water. They come right in at night and cruise around.

x2 Dureing the day we catch them in 25 feet of water at night we hammer them in 5 feet of water realy close to the shore.

Offline Hardwaternubie53

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Jan 19, 2012, 06:35 PM »
Move shallow with the sun going down. Stay put and quiet for an hour or two. Then, move back out to deeper water until just before dawn. Repeat.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.