Author Topic: Would you buy from an admitted non icefisherman?  (Read 2920 times)

Offline stuckinohio

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Would you buy from an admitted non icefisherman?
« Reply #30 on: Dec 04, 2020, 07:14 PM »
I became an expect in the building of Mopar engines long before I ever had the opportunity to work on one. I learned everything through print from direct connection. I had every pamphlet they made which was a truck ton.
Yes... You can be an expert without doing it hands on.

Offline Noon

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Would you buy from an admitted non icefisherman?
« Reply #31 on: Dec 05, 2020, 12:04 AM »
If the product looked sound and the seller seemed decent, it would be an option, but I do like buying products from people who are passionate about what they do. If this guy is just in it to make a buck off of a sport and population I enjoy while being a jerk and not contributing in other meaningful ways he can go kick rocks.

I agree with Monger.
I’ll also add that I don’t care if someone is an ice-fisherman who makes my stuff. I repurpose things all the time that aren’t even built for what I am using them to do. But I try not to buy from people who are trying to make money. I prefer to give my business to people who care about their product/craft not the return.
It doesn't sound that appealing to most people I talk to, but going out onto a frozen lake and staring into a hole for the day is my favorite thing to do.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.