The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: Bought the new 24v Lithium StrikeMaster the other day  (Read 21717 times)

Offline Ice_Fly_Guy

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Bought the new 24v Lithium StrikeMaster the other day
« Reply #90 on: Feb 18, 2022, 10:09 AM »
Late to the game here on this thread but I purchased an 8" in Jan22 and got barely 300" of ice I turned in my flight batch number and received a new set of blades and they cut no better than the first set. Also every few inches it would stop like being stuck and give out 2 quick beeps like a breaker was triggered. SM had me send the unit back and it was returned in less than a week so props for that but the only thing done was replace the battery which was "suspect". I had tried a friends battery and a greenworks and still had the same issues so I am not expecting any improvement but will be trying it out again this weekend.

Same exact process and results for me.  First time out with the new blades I got about 35 holes in 7" of ice.  Next time it was about 13 holes in 12" of ice.  Last time maybe 11 holes in 18" of ice.  I get the constant cutting out unless I happen to do things just perfectly.  It shouldn't be this temperamental.  I will be giving them a call.

Offline Buckshots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #91 on: Feb 18, 2022, 10:49 AM »
Yep same here. Things fine for a few holes but overall this thing sucks. SM says they get 800” of ice whenever they test them out. If you complain about only getting half that they’ll just tell you sounds like the 40v may be for you instead. No, I want the lighter 24v that cuts through 800” of ice as advertised.

Offline Ice_Fly_Guy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #92 on: Feb 18, 2022, 10:54 AM »
Exactly.  And if it is a battery issue, one shouldn't need to carry two extras to have the ability to drill 40 holes.  I sorta of miss my propane Jiffy and I didn't think I'd say that  >:(

Offline jrjach75

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #93 on: Feb 18, 2022, 02:13 PM »
Did they adjust the number of holes they advertise on a single battery? I have the 6" and I could have sworn when I bought it before last season, they advertised 100 holes through 16" of ice. I see now they claim 65.

I love the auger, never ran out a battery but tried last weekend to run it down some, mostly to see if my blades were getting dull and affecting battery life. I drilled 30 holes and had one bar left on the battery, but we were over 16" of ice in most spots I drilled. So that might be in line with the 65 claim, but nowhere close to the 100 they claimed when I bought it.

Offline Ice_Fly_Guy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #94 on: Feb 18, 2022, 02:54 PM »
I'd be thrilled if the 8" got even 40 holes in 16" of ice and didn't shut down 3-4 times per hole.  I imagine that my blades aren't the sharpest at this point, but jeez it shouldn't be like this.

Offline HWeber

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #95 on: Feb 18, 2022, 03:49 PM »
Mine has never shutdown mid hole unless battery was dead. Seems they've let a lot of lemons through, glad I got a good one

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.