Author Topic: ANYONE GET ICE GEAR THEY CANT WAIT TO TRY OUT FOR CHRISTMAS....  (Read 2798 times)

Offline Crappielover89

• Team IceShanty Addict
I got enough cash to buy me a lx7 and cant wait to get it..... only thing is I have to find a place with one.... so how about all of you....?

Offline Crappie_Time89

• IceShanty Rookie
Finally got an auger. Its just a hand auger but no more waiting for friends to want to go or begging to borrow one. I also got 2 new rods a new scoop and a bunch of jigs/ice flys.

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
Unfortunately I start buying ice gear in October either on clearance or winter prebuy and am usually done by the end of November. Just cant help myself once it starts to get cold. I try to leave a few things for my wife to get me and this year was a couple zippo hand warmers that I cant wait to put some fuel in and a safety rope throw bag so I can take the wound up ball of rope out of the bucket and free up some room. Crappielover you will love the lx7, prospector had the lx9 at the last gorge trip and it was sweet. I agree though finding one local might be tough you may have to get it online. Crappietime you will never have to wait again to head out on the hard deck with your own auger and just you know when it comes time and you upgrade to a power one you will wonder how you ever made it with the hand crank. Shoot I remember using an axe when I 1st started hitting the hard deck, one hole was all I ever needed back then
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline troutking90

• Team IceShanty Regular
Yeah jawjacker number two and pk  predators  Hummingbird 55 and aqua view micro And the big buddy heater
I live for hardware 365 days a year

Offline Crappielover89

• Team IceShanty Addict
I am glad you guys got your stuff looks like you all made out well.... ya im hoping I can get a lx7 on line..... muskyon do you know if  prospector had his lx7 converted to the lx9 or if he just got the 9???? I was already thinking about pming him to see if he wanted to sell the 7 because I know he told me he wanted to get a 9 last year...... 

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
He had the lx9 so you might want to hit him up. I really like the marcums also and now I've been looking at a lx6 or lx7 myself. Should be getting some money real soon for a boat motor I sold a few months ago. Cheapest I've seen the lx7 is 679 with no tax/free shipping and it just so happens I have a $20 gift card from the tent I got from them earlier. So its 659 for the lx7 or 579 for the lx6 decisions decisions  :-\ hope I get that $ soon or im sure ill change my mind again
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline Duckyfisher

• IceShanty Rookie
Just got a new eskimo mako 43 cc 8in gas auger, new shappel 6000 twin hub tent, next is a new flasher!!

Offline Duneman101

• Team IceShanty Regular
For christmas and my last birthday i got some cabelas gift cards, last night i went and picked up this little darling.  xl2000tc has two doors, 4 windows, thermal insulated roof....  it's way bigger than the old eskimo pop up tent.  the original asking price was $349 but they were running an online special last night for $229 so i went into the store and asked them to match the deal and they agreed, although they wouldn't give me the $20 off of anything over $150 because that was online only.  i think i made out like a bandit.

Offline Crappielover89

• Team IceShanty Addict
That's a steal!!! Hope it works well for you....

Offline jumbo chaser

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • never to cold to fish not cold enough!!
I got a new command post thermal hub and a ton of new tungsten jigs and an insulated clam minnow bucket and a new baby girl that we brought home from the hospital the night of the 24th so my christmas was a great one  ;D :clap: :clap:
Never to many short poles

Offline lippy

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: ANYONE GET ICE GEAR THEY CANT WAIT TO TRY OUT FOR CHRISTMAS....
« Reply #10 on: Dec 27, 2013, 04:11 PM »
Jumbo congrats on the baby girl great Chirstmas gift.

Offline Crappielover89

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Dec 27, 2013, 04:59 PM »
I got a new command post thermal hub and a ton of new tungsten jigs and an insulated clam minnow bucket and a new baby girl that we brought home from the hospital the night of the 24th so my christmas was a great one  ;D :clap: :clap:

congrats on the baby girl!!! No better gift than the opportunity to be a parent

Offline JArner

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Dec 27, 2013, 08:01 PM »
I'm new to ice fishing and this forum. My wife picked up a Eskimo hand auger. I'm looking forward to getting the kids out this winter. 

Offline Crappielover89

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13 on: Dec 27, 2013, 09:38 PM »
Well let me just say welcome to the hard deck your going to love ice fishing no better fishing in my opinion also welcome to the form IS is awesome and Can supply you with lots of knowledge and keep you up to date on the newest stuff out there for this awesome sport

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #14 on: Dec 27, 2013, 10:22 PM »
new baby girl that we brought home from the hospital the night of the 24th so my christmas was a great one  ;D :clap: :clap:

congrats on the new addition to the family jumbo

I'm new to ice fishing and this forum. My wife picked up a Eskimo hand auger. I'm looking forward to getting the kids out this winter. 

Welcome to the shanty JArner, Great bunch here and like crappielover said the info is endless on everything

keep you up to date on the newest stuff out there for this awesome sport

check your inbox and let me know if it worked for you before I put it out there, SMOKIN DEAL BUDDY I just couldn't contain myself
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #15 on: Dec 28, 2013, 10:00 AM »
Well not necessarily a present for Christmas but I'm thinking close enough, I picked up an LX7 last night for $579 including shipping with no tax  :woot: :woot: its going to be a long week waiting for it to get here
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline Crappielover89

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #16 on: Dec 28, 2013, 07:39 PM »
right there with you muskyon pulled all my Christmas money together and got the lx7 and have $150 left over too.... im going to get a new rod as well and then I am going to save the rest because there is always that one thing some other guy on the ice has that you want to get at late ice season.... so naturally I need some cash for that situation....

Offline Ton_Def

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Dec 29, 2013, 12:30 AM »
Well not necessarily a present for Christmas but I'm thinking close enough, I picked up an LX7 last night for $579 including shipping with no tax  :woot: :woot: its going to be a long week waiting for it to get here
right there with you muskyon pulled all my Christmas money together and got the lx7 and have $150 left over too.... im going to get a new rod as well and then I am going to save the rest because there is always that one thing some other guy on the ice has that you want to get at late ice season.... so naturally I need some cash for that situation....

:bow:

Offline Crappielover89

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #18 on: Jan 03, 2014, 01:43 PM »
Its here just arrived can't wait to put my lx7 to some good use tonight and tomorrow morning

Offline jumbo chaser

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: Jan 03, 2014, 05:42 PM »
Where did you get a LX7 that cheap ?? I might have to get one for that price ??

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #20 on: Jan 03, 2014, 10:20 PM »
Its here just arrived can't wait to put my lx7 to some good use tonight and tomorrow morning

Mine arrived about that same time been messing with it for a couple of hours now, very impressed. Has the updated v3.17 software also. I will be heading up to the view tomorrow as soon as our youngest rec bball game is over to really put it to the test

Where did you get a LX7 that cheap ?? I might have to get one for that price ??

They are back to full price now and are special order. The sale on these only lasted 2 days and I think they just unloaded what stock they had left for the year
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline Drillguy33

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #21 on: Jan 04, 2014, 08:18 PM »
For christmas and my last birthday i got some cabelas gift cards, last night i went and picked up this little darling.  xl2000tc has two doors, 4 windows, thermal insulated roof....  it's way bigger than the old eskimo pop up tent.  the original asking price was $349 but they were running an online special last night for $229 so i went into the store and asked them to match the deal and they agreed, although they wouldn't give me the $20 off of anything over $150 because that was online only.  i think i made out like a bandit.

I bought the same one but I chose to buy it online.  I am still impatiently waiting for it to arrive.  Also bought a Lowrance Elite 4 ice machine since they have a $100 rebate right now.
When I'm not fishing i'm thinking about fishing

Offline jumbo chaser

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22 on: Jan 04, 2014, 11:58 PM »
Thanks for all the baby comments I really appreciate it

Offline Duneman101

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #23 on: Jan 06, 2014, 12:07 PM »
I bought the same one but I chose to buy it online.  I am still impatiently waiting for it to arrive.  Also bought a Lowrance Elite 4 ice machine since they have a $100 rebate right now.

Nice, i didn't want to wait to get it shipped but i did end up paying taxes because of it...  i've had it out three times already and it is killer...  way better/bigger/stronger than the eskimo.  it is a heavy sob though, i'm thinking of sowing some backpack straps to it.  the single shoulder is rough on my back at the end of the day.

Offline Browningdrake

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #24 on: Jan 06, 2014, 03:30 PM »
Yep, I got a 120 Humminbird Fish finder.  Gave her a workout yesterday at Rockport. I couldn't catch anything but my buddy and his brother caught 5 lake trout!

So far just getting used to the fish finder.

Offline maddogg

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #25 on: Jan 06, 2014, 03:41 PM »
Yes I got a Eskimo Wide 1 and a Frabill suit. Haven't gotten out yet -24 with 25 to 30 mph winds today maybe Friday.

Offline Exguy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #26 on: Jan 08, 2014, 09:30 AM »
I got a showdown and a power auger, heading out on Saturday to put them to the test.

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #27 on: Jan 08, 2014, 10:40 AM »
You'll like the showdown, i use that mode on my LX7 for the zoom and its fantastic. Dont even need to say anything about the power auger as you can never go wrong with one of those  @)
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.