Author Topic: bash time  (Read 4574 times)

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
Re: bash time
« Reply #30 on: Jan 30, 2013, 02:54 PM »
first welcome and thanks for the info

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
« Reply #31 on: Jan 30, 2013, 06:10 PM »
Thanks JBT
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
« Reply #32 on: Jan 30, 2013, 08:54 PM »
well all ready come on 10am this is going to be a long night

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #33 on: Jan 30, 2013, 09:11 PM »
X2 thats why i killed a few coldies, im hoping to sleep like a log  ;D
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #34 on: Jan 30, 2013, 09:48 PM »
You guys be safe! I am headed down in the morning and meeting my buddy in Green River. Spending the night at Lost dog I think. Save me a spot for Friday. (4 guys total) Northern Wyoming is getting heavy snow, so the start of my trip could have a little pucker factor. :o  Where is my sleeping pills? ;D

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #35 on: Jan 30, 2013, 10:04 PM »
That works we"ll see you friday  :thumbsup: drive safe
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #36 on: Jan 30, 2013, 10:35 PM »
That works we"ll see you friday  :thumbsup: drive safe
Thanks for having me!  :bow: Pumped!!! :icefish:

Offline Hitmanhite

• IceShanty Rookie
  • All gave some, some gave all.
« Reply #37 on: Jan 31, 2013, 12:31 AM »
Took four hours and a torn first year cover, but I got the camper out. Lesson learned.....if your going to use your camper for the bash, do not put a cover on it haha. See you guys on Friday. I have no idea where I am going, I guess Buckboard by the searching I have done. Hopefully i can find a parking spot. I love camping at canyon rim in the summer, but you can't drop lines from way up there.

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
« Reply #38 on: Jan 31, 2013, 07:55 AM »
You guys be safe! I am headed down in the morning and meeting my buddy in Green River. Spending the night at Lost dog I think. Save me a spot for Friday. (4 guys total) Northern Wyoming is getting heavy snow, so the start of my trip could have a little pucker factor. :o  Where is my sleeping pills? ;D
well see you fri be safe driving

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
« Reply #39 on: Jan 31, 2013, 07:59 AM »
Took four hours and a torn first year cover, but I got the camper out. Lesson learned.....if your going to use your camper for the bash, do not put a cover on it haha. See you guys on Friday. I have no idea where I am going, I guess Buckboard by the searching I have done. Hopefully i can find a parking spot. I love camping at canyon rim in the summer, but you can't drop lines from way up there.
that's to bad i do not put cover on my 5th wheel no need to i think but any way glad you got it out we will be by buck board its the next left after buck board called road 8 maybe well see you and meet  if not good luck

Offline Hitmanhite

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #40 on: Jan 31, 2013, 09:09 AM »
Cool, white Ford dually, 11 foot over the cab camper. 6'4" tall goon with Air Force hat haha. I'll look for the turn off.  :tipup:

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #41 on: Jan 31, 2013, 11:06 AM »
We'll be on road 8 one road south of buckboard look for the sign that says I.shanty and follow the arrow. Lookin forward to see any one that wants to stop in. Be careful on your way up everyone
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline Nite Runner

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Think like a fish,even if it's WEIRD
« Reply #42 on: Jan 31, 2013, 11:23 AM »
  Well I've decided to go to the Bash even if nobody around here wants to with me. Don't bother me being a Lone Wolf !! Seems like I do a lot of it. I'll be fishing from a Viking Ice Shanty somewhere out there. If I get the time I'll stop by and see how you all are doing. Good Luck to all and all Two good nights!!   ;D
If you don't have time to do it right the 1st time  how are you gonna find time to do it over ??

Offline nomadic

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #43 on: Jan 31, 2013, 07:24 PM »
Hey shanty folks, not really an active poster here but I should be. I'm heading up there this year for the first time as well.  Never fished Flaming Gorge at all but looking forward to it.  I don't plan on being too aggressive with the fishing this year, taking my wife and don't want her to hate one of my few hobbies.  Good luck all.

Offline Hitmanhite

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #44 on: Jan 31, 2013, 08:46 PM »
I see the 388FW still has the world greatest managers  ::).....half of my team was just hit with working this weekend hahaha. Well I guess its just the two retired guys.  @)

Offline Laroo

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #45 on: Feb 01, 2013, 07:34 PM »
Lets hear how everybody is doing! I know some of you gotta be checking in on your phones, good fishin to ya all!

Offline nomadic

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #46 on: Feb 03, 2013, 04:41 PM »
We didn't do worth a for Burbot.  Fished near the marina and caught some lakers but let them go.  Moved down near Holmes Crossing on Saturday and couldn't stand it.  Between the radios blaring, dogs, kids and quads doing donuts on the ice, we decided to quit early.  To each their own of course, just not my cup of tea.

Offline Hitmanhite

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #47 on: Feb 03, 2013, 09:04 PM »
I had a great time and met some awesome people. Caught a few fish, and learned a lot. The ice shanty "tent city" was pretty awesome. There was a monster Mak caught, hopefully the pic will be up soon. Burbot??? There ain't no burbot left in the gorge haha. They were slow going.

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #48 on: Feb 03, 2013, 10:35 PM »
Great time had by all, i will put a post tomorrow. MAN im beat and tired. What a great weekend. I put in the upgrade on the laker board  :woot: :woot: :thumbsup: and a few pics on the pk board
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #49 on: Feb 09, 2013, 08:56 AM »
Just thought I would let you guys know that you are helping the economy. Since seeing all of your fishing tricks, my wallet is about empty! ;D  Sold my QF3 and found a great deal on a 949i. I bought an HT rigger, Rapala glow box and TONS of PK lures thanks to Musky. ;)  I enjoyed learning new tricks from all of you. The only thing I will try not to add to my bag of tricks is the way you guys crash landed on the ice checking rods friday night! Also gonna get some of the glow sticks for rod tips. Any other trick I may have missed? Do tell please... Thanks guys, Joe

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
« Reply #50 on: Feb 09, 2013, 12:15 PM »
lol thats the best way to get fish is when your going down ;D,

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #51 on: Feb 11, 2013, 07:40 AM »
Im blaming the crash landings on the slick ice and inferior cleats  ;)2 thats good you was able to sell the QF3. Your going to luv that 949i, That insulation makes all the difference. I was surprised how durable that glow box is, i must have dropped mine 5 or 6 times before the battery cover finally broke  :%$#!:  Now its got some reliable duct tape on it. I hope you enjoy the rigger as i do like mine when i can use that many poles. Not really much i can say a bout the PK's except  :thumbsup: 
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline daMixter

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #52 on: Aug 26, 2013, 02:15 PM »
Anyone out there have any info yet on this year's Bash?  Gotta start making plans early........

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #53 on: Aug 27, 2013, 01:33 PM »
According to this the dates are still to be determined

http://www.daggettcounty.org/index.aspx?nid=69

but i hear you on getting started on making some plans, we have already started to do that ourselves
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline daMixter

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #54 on: Aug 28, 2013, 10:27 AM »
Thanks Musky- I'll plan my annual snowmobile-riding/ice-fishing trip for whatever weekend they set.  Heading out your way tomorrow for a weekend of trail riding, hiking, and camping.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.