Author Topic: What company will be the first to bring back the 10in hand auger?  (Read 3810 times)

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
I think it's idiotic that someone isn't already making a 10" auger possibly with composite fighting and weighing under 5 lbs... I was idiotic enough to buy a Milwaukee mid mixer a month ago so I'm gonna be looking for a 10" Mora as well until Agronimist comes to his senses and starts manufacturing a 10" Composite flighted auger for my mud mixer. If anyone has a 10" Mora they want to sell send me a pm. I hope everyone is slaying them on the open water!!!I

Tight lines,
Shoney

What's Ironic in all of this is the dude from ice gator made a 9.5 with composite flighting.......if he just woulda sold that vs the head unit the guy coulda made some money....Suprised no company has bought it up to sell.......Be kinda cool if catch cover did.

Offline HWeber

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Half your reasons are bs but different strokes for different folks I guess

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
Half your reasons are bs but different strokes for different folks I guess

What are you smoking what are the BS reasons?

Offline HWeber

• Team IceShanty Maniac
3,5,6,8. If the 8 isn't cutting it for them the 10 isn't doing much better might as well just drill the 2nd hole.

Offline HWeber

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Anyways hopefully you get your ten even tho I think its ridiculous. No use in arguing over it

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Why a 10”? Because I can.

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
Anyways hopefully you get your ten even tho I think its ridiculous. No use in arguing over it

I've had a ten for awhile.

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
3,5,6,8. If the 8 isn't cutting it for them the 10 isn't doing much better might as well just drill the 2nd hole.

3. Cutting a larger hole when ice fishing for site fishing-this isn't B.S. Go try site fishing a 10in is a huge difference when site fishing panfish.....maybe you should try it.

5. Cutting a larger hole when fishing for large fish-ever seen someone fish lake trout, waters with 56in Muskie and huge pike....no way is this a BS reason.

6. Cutting a larger hole once so you don’t have to cut three holes - how is this BS why would you want to cut three holes every time you fished. With that idiotic logic we would never need an auger over 6in.

8. Cutting a larger hole so you don’t need to take a transducer out when landing fish. If you think this is bs your nuts, try it some time. In a 6in hole you have to pull the ducer, and 8in most the time you need to. A 10in.....not to often.

I mean I'm not saying everyone should fish a ten in auger.....but claiming a 10in has no place and is idiotic......well that's just idiotic.

Lots of people have 10in gas augers....however they use to be heavy. Due to people pulling out shacks/gear, old age, out of shape people smaller sizes became more popular. With today's tech I can see a resurgence of the 10in.

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Glad you got your ten been looking every ware  for different augers.. any how lol's  found some 3 inch mora blades wich the owner don't know is really 6-7 inch mora blades lol's thought you would enjoy the laugh about it..

https://m.ebay.com/itm/Set-of-3-Inch-Ice-Auger-Blades-Ion-Mora-KI-Ice-Sweden/332712524596?hash=item4d77363b34%3Ag%3AtpoAAOSw1oNakzNC&_nkw=mora+10+inch+auger&_from=R40&rt=nc&_trksid=p2380057.m4084.l1313.TR2.TRC0.A0.H0.Xmora+10.TRS0

Offline DTro

• Team IceShanty Addict
I guess it's pretty idiotic wanting a bigger hole for the 60" fish (and bigger) we catch through the ice.  LOL 

What was I thinking?

Offline HWeber

• Team IceShanty Maniac
The point is at the point you actually need the ten you might as well drill three holes. 

Offline DTro

• Team IceShanty Addict
The point is at the point you actually need the ten you might as well drill three holes.

no the point is that it really sucks to drill overlapping holes in 40" of ice when one hole will do.  Works great when its 20" or less, but what the hell do I know, I'm just an idiot.

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
no the point is that it really sucks to drill overlapping holes in 40" of ice when one hole will do.  Works great when its 20" or less, but what the hell do I know, I'm just an idiot.

It's ok......everyone is an idiot....we should all be using 6in augers and drilling multiple holes to get the hole size we want.

Offline HWeber

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Didn't realize everyone was so sensitive here,  holy hell.

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
Didn't realize everyone was so sensitive here,  holy hell.

Oh not sensitive.......not a big deal.....all is good

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.