New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SCHROON LAKE and Surrounding Ponds Thread  (Read 429823 times)

Offline MTL214

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: SCHROON LAKE and Surrounding Ponds Thread
« Reply #1170 on: Mar 02, 2017, 08:46 PM »
FYI Eagle lake boat ramp has spots for maybe 10 trucks. Suggest to look elsewhere.

Offline walleye03

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1171 on: Mar 02, 2017, 08:59 PM »
What does that mean the boat ramp has spots for 10 trucks? Are u saying there isn't a ton of parking or that the lake isn't safe. Thanks for the help.

Offline MTL214

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1172 on: Mar 02, 2017, 09:05 PM »
Yes very limited parking.

Offline SchrnLker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1173 on: Mar 02, 2017, 09:16 PM »
I put the word out on another Fb site regarding Eagle Lake, a guy I know says he passed there today, it's good to go. Edges too, so anyone wanting one more outing, Eagle would be the place to go.  Closer to the launch is weedy with the chance of big pike.  Further down deeper water 25-30fow, I have caught browns there.  Perch and crappie scattered throughout.
Tony

Offline jghunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1174 on: Mar 02, 2017, 09:28 PM »
Thanks for eagle info don't want to waste trip up there.have hotel booked 2 days.over 3 hour drive. Eagle lake ATV friendly? Thanks again

Offline SchrnLker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1175 on: Mar 02, 2017, 09:32 PM »
Thanks for eagle info don't want to waste trip up there.have hotel booked 2 days.over 3 hour drive. Eagle lake ATV friendly? Thanks again

Yes on the small side it is. Boat launch area.  Walking access on the big side unless you have private access.
Tony

Offline tuckeric

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1176 on: Mar 02, 2017, 09:32 PM »
Thanks for the information on Eagle.  Any information on how the ice is on Paradox Lake?  I've got a cabin rented up there this weekend, and need to pull my shanty off the shore of Schroon anyway, so I'm hoping to at least get some time in on Paradox.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #1177 on: Mar 03, 2017, 05:26 AM »
Thanks for the information on Eagle.  Any information on how the ice is on Paradox Lake?  I've got a cabin rented up there this weekend, and need to pull my shanty off the shore of Schroon anyway, so I'm hoping to at least get some time in on Paradox.

Paradox is suffering the same issue with edges. Friends were unable to get on this week.

Offline SSmokinn SS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1178 on: Mar 03, 2017, 06:48 AM »
for anyone looking to fish eagle this weekend...I saw a mention of limited parking. I assume there is no snow up there? if there isn't, there is a pull off/parking area down the road about a 1/8 mile from the launch parking lot that you can park in. Just maybe a option for some people?

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yakity yak yak, yakity yak yak
« Reply #1179 on: Mar 03, 2017, 07:29 AM »
HAHA.  Here is the latest on the derby posted this morning:

This will be it with all the speculations and rude remarks that have occurred in the last day. If you do not think the ice is safe in any way, then do not fish. It is that simple. From here on out ALL comments will be restricted. If you have questions about anything, you can call the club at 518-532-7572. Thank you.
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
. .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Offline ship of fools

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1180 on: Mar 03, 2017, 07:36 AM »
HAHA.  Here is the latest on the derby posted this morning:

This will be it with all the speculations and rude remarks that have occurred in the last day. If you do not think the ice is safe in any way, then do not fish. It is that simple. From here on out ALL comments will be restricted. If you have questions about anything, you can call the club at 518-532-7572. Thank you.

Rude remarks  ::)   .....  Wait until someone drowns
Goin' where the wind don't blow so strange,
Maybe off on some high cold mountain chain.

Offline jghunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1181 on: Mar 03, 2017, 07:53 AM »
I think they just pulled the whole site off of Facebook. Gone!!

Offline tjk3rd

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1182 on: Mar 03, 2017, 08:04 AM »
I would like to thank all the local guys who have posted up to the minute conditions on Schroon.  My son, brother and I have been making the 4 hour drive up for the tourney for several years now and can't wait every year.  Would have been 5 of us this year and we would have been very disappointed without your concerned and caring posts.  I am sure your efforts will prevent someone from danger and possibly save a life.  We will just wait till next year.  Thank you.

Offline wec

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1183 on: Mar 03, 2017, 08:05 AM »
They can't even get anybody from their club to take a boat to the ice and check it.  How is anyone to know, oh take a chance, so this club can pocket the entry fee's (which most are pre-paid).  It's all about money the club is gong to make.  My pre-paid entry is the last one they will get out of me, and the group of 7 that was coming with me.  Hope all Ice Shanty members follow suit.

Offline jon ny

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1184 on: Mar 03, 2017, 08:16 AM »
Fortunately I have all the "rude" comments saved.  The rudest I saw was asking if it was greed on their part.  Legit question.  And yes it appears the page is down completely.  Ironic it appears the one leading the page and trolling here lives about 1700 miles from Schroon Lake.  Hardly someone to be making decisions, I'd say.

WEC, honorable decision.  Amazing what money and yes, greed, will do to an organization.

Good luck to those going out on the other area lakes this weekend, most important stay safe.
I love clipboard man

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yakity yak yak, yakity yak yak
« Reply #1185 on: Mar 03, 2017, 08:21 AM »
I think they just pulled the whole site off of Facebook. Gone!!

HAHAHAHAHA.    It was a matter of time.    I'm surprised it lasted this long with all the negitivity.    I'm glad people have other means of gathering information (such as from this site), and people who are willing to help others out.

Thank you to all the members who helped.   
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
. .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #1186 on: Mar 03, 2017, 08:25 AM »
Nice work Jon.  It will be interesting to see if anyone does attend.  Did any of the local news outlets seem interested in covering?

Offline jeep528

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1188 on: Mar 03, 2017, 08:36 AM »
Has anyone tried calling the game club

Offline jon ny

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1190 on: Mar 03, 2017, 08:50 AM »
Only further update, the lake is going to be patrolled heavily by Encon, police, and rescue personnel along with an airboat.  Wonder how much taxpayer money that will cost us.  2 days of OT on a weekend will add up fast. And I'm sure all those people will appreciate having to sit in vehicles all day on a 15 degree day with 30 mph winds.
I love clipboard man

Offline combsey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • take a friend fishing
« Reply #1191 on: Mar 03, 2017, 08:55 AM »
They say call the club but no one will answer.      Hmm.. must be out checking the ice lol
proud supporter of P. E. T. A.
(People Eating Tasty Animals)

Offline o2rmk800

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1192 on: Mar 03, 2017, 09:04 AM »
 That newspaper article is awesome !!

Offline Fontona19

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1193 on: Mar 03, 2017, 09:23 AM »
Great job Jon!  These "club" people are a total joke.

P.s. - This is almost as funny as the bare handed dog poop incident.  :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Offline jon ny

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1195 on: Mar 03, 2017, 09:34 AM »
Great job Jon!  These "club" people are a total joke.

P.s. - This is almost as funny as the bare handed dog poop incident.  :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

hahahaha!

And I want to thank the mods of iceshanty for letting us make people aware of what's going on.  I tried to behave and ignore the troll.  I know you could have locked it down, I and I'm sure many others appreciate that you've left it open. 
I love clipboard man

Offline EatenByLimestone

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1196 on: Mar 03, 2017, 09:36 AM »
+1.

Good on the members here for sticking to the facts too.   Stay safe.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #1197 on: Mar 03, 2017, 10:15 AM »
hahahaha!

And I want to thank the mods of iceshanty for letting us make people aware of what's going on.  I tried to behave and ignore the troll.  I know you could have locked it down, I and I'm sure many others appreciate that you've left it open.

You were more polite than I would have been.  The mods that run NY are solid! 

Offline nitzer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1198 on: Mar 03, 2017, 11:45 AM »
That's horrible on their part! I can't believe they are willing to jeopardize the safety of others than to just swallow their pride and cancel it. The only logical  reason is that the club is too damn money hungry and lazy to give everyone's money back. What a bleeping joke!!!!

Offline bigredonice

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • keep searchin' 'till ya find 'em.
« Reply #1199 on: Mar 03, 2017, 11:59 AM »
That's horrible on their part! I can't believe they are willing to jeopardize the safety of others than to just swallow their pride and cancel it. The only logical  reason is that the club is too damn money hungry and lazy to give everyone's money back. What a bleeping joke!!!!

yep, probably already spent the prepaid tourney entries

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.