New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SCHROON LAKE and Surrounding Ponds Thread  (Read 429651 times)

Offline walleye03

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: SCHROON LAKE and Surrounding Ponds Thread
« Reply #1140 on: Mar 02, 2017, 04:51 PM »
Hey Jon that comment was made by me on fb about the club not checking the ice and now all my comments were deleted and i can longer post. I have proof that i commented and AMH yes they deleted my post. Youre the one attacking here. Why are they deleting comments? Hmmmm

Offline o2rmk800

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1141 on: Mar 02, 2017, 04:53 PM »
Again Jon the moron...  Glad you can read. Do you have proof that they are actually deleted? Do you know for a given fact? or just what you want to talk out your ass?

Truly amazing piece of work you are.....

Quite comical that anyone can sit behind a computer/table/phone and type the crap they do....

Offline jon ny

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1142 on: Mar 02, 2017, 04:56 PM »
Hey Jon that comment was made by me on fb about the club not checking the ice and now all my comments were deleted and i can longer post. I have proof that i commented and AMH yes they deleted my post. Youre the one attacking here. Why are they deleting comments? Hmmmm

To make money.  The only good that can come of this, is people are seeing what kind of organization this is. And they can't delete posts of concern here, like they do their own site. And surely you can't be serious, Anna assured us she's not deleting the posts....
I love clipboard man

Offline tblaster123

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1143 on: Mar 02, 2017, 05:06 PM »
Jeez.. I have been watching this thread from a distance and things are starting to get pretty heated. I read there are guys using canoes to get out to the ice? Doesn't really sound safe to me. This thread will probably get locked by the end of the night.

That is all. Continue on I've got my popcorn ready  @)

Offline o2rmk800

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1144 on: Mar 02, 2017, 05:09 PM »

and how is that? no one sees anything cause there is nothing to see but the drama a guy on the internet that wants to start drama.

grow up kid.

The only drama is being caused by you. These guys on here only post accurate information and people's safety is priority #1

Offline hot tuna

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1145 on: Mar 02, 2017, 05:10 PM »
Not sure about this, but I know DEC is planning on having their air boat on site.

I think now if I'm remembering,  if they were to close the gate and access as well as post signage  from the state sites access areas  you can be ticketed.
If these conditions were valid ( I haven't been there ) then I don't know why they haven't done so , yet.
For those who feel strongly against it then maybe you should contact the Dec.  I absolutely appreciate all the information and caution you are sharing.  Tournaments aren't really my thing and with schroon on ice for the season

Be safe if you go , make the most of what there is to offer and have fun so you can bring the stories home .

Offline pixleyken

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1146 on: Mar 02, 2017, 05:14 PM »
Hey just checkin if there is fishable ice in warren/Essex county, back from page 57... let's put the facebooking and drama aside and catch some fish here fellas

Offline jeep528

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1147 on: Mar 02, 2017, 05:17 PM »
No, due to being a long time member and seeing such drama from so called "men". its their decision and it always has been. this isn't the only or first year for the ice not to be in amazing conditions. but since their is not a Facebook page for the derby that means act like 14 year olds and cry wolf? you don think its safe, then don't go it that simple. no one is forcing or putting  peoples lives in danger. its their own choice if they want to go! yes the shorelines out, yes the ice raised but yes it is also going down. people will make their own choice to go or not and have been! people act as if no ones out or has been out on the lake, FYI they have and are. the cub doesn't force anyone to do anything and for people to try and and say they are or try to say they are "money leeches" is insane. like i said grow up. just because they wish to continue it as they do every yer and you don't like that or believe it should be doesn't mean or give you the right to act like you do and post the **** you do on their Facebook page.

I have never had a problem with access in the 17 trips I have made up to this tournament.  Why they choose to hold the tournament this year is beyond me. 

Offline SchrnLker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1148 on: Mar 02, 2017, 05:19 PM »
Hey just checkin if there is fishable ice in warren/Essex county, back from page 57... let's put the facebooking and drama aside and catch some fish here fellas
Yes there is, Eagle Lake had 24" ice 10 days ago, on the small side.  No rivers or streams coming in to dramatically change water level.
Tony

Offline outdoors4good

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1149 on: Mar 02, 2017, 05:23 PM »
It's unfortunate that it is being looked at as drama.  I too was looking at the F&G Clubs website for info, I didn't like what I saw so I drove up yesterday to take a look for myself as I have people coming from out of state to fish the tourney.  I posted on there site and it was in fact removed, that's disappointing.  People are looking for information to make an informed decision.  I believe the ice out there is safe if you can get to it.  I plan on kayaking myself and my gear out while wearing a pfd of course and checking the ice.  If I like what I see, I'll fish.  If I don't like it I'll leave.  Everyone needs to make a decision for themselves as to what they are comfortable with, but the club removing posts isn't fair for the folks that are looking for solid info to form a decision.  Some might think I'm crazy for what I am willing to do, but I know the risks and am willing to take them.  Worse case scenario for me is a I get wet before I get to the ice and I get back in the truck and head home.  I won't risk being on unsafe ice, but I'm willing to take extended measures to get to said ice.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #1150 on: Mar 02, 2017, 05:32 PM »
No i am not. this started because of Jon and his bull****

Jon and his bs?  I do not know of another person on this board that is more soft-spoken and laid back than him. I think perhaps the fact that his other friend Jon (me) went in on Sunday on edges that were rapidly falling apart might have more to due with his concern than generating BS for a club.  Here's a reminder as to why your club is recklessly endangering lives by holding that event: 

That hole was over my head 30' from shore...that edge is now easily 10-20' past that.  Had I fallen in deeper I would have been in a much more serious situation.  Your club is nuts! 

Outdoors4good...I've been on schroon since it first iced up nearly every weekend.  You and many others are assuming the main lake ice is safe.  That is not the case.  There was a high degree of variability in the ice thickness on Sunday due to current going through the main lake.  It is absurd for anyone to assume at this point that if you get on you'll be ok.  Simply not the case at all.

Offline willyamazen

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Fish or cut bait
« Reply #1151 on: Mar 02, 2017, 05:37 PM »
Ice is never a 100% safe. every time anyone steps on a frozen lake it should be treated as so reguardless. appropriate life saving equipment not just beers, rods, and bait should always be packed for every trip

Offline pixleyken

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1152 on: Mar 02, 2017, 05:39 PM »
Scrnlkr thanks brother, if the ice on schroon is not good and you happen to be at eagle and see a clam Bigfoot with old glory flying, stop over. I'll give ya a beer... or 7.

Offline outdoors4good

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1153 on: Mar 02, 2017, 05:45 PM »
Iowa...
I'm not assuming it's safe.  I have a plan to go out and check for myself.  I am only trying to paint a realistic picture for those that are looking here and at the club's facebook page to make an informed decision.  I will not be hanging around on unsafe ice, I will check it where I plan to fish and make a decision.  I am not so foolish to push it beyond my comfort level and experience.

Offline SchrnLker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1154 on: Mar 02, 2017, 05:49 PM »
Scrnlkr thanks brother, if the ice on schroon is not good and you happen to be at eagle and see a clam Bigfoot with old glory flying, stop over. I'll give ya a beer... or 7.

thanks pix, I definitely won't be out there this weekend, but I'll be in town checking out this mess.
Tony

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #1155 on: Mar 02, 2017, 05:50 PM »
Iowa...
I'm not assuming it's safe.  I have a plan to go out and check for myself.  I am only trying to paint a realistic picture for those that are looking here and at the club's facebook page to make an informed decision.  I will not be hanging around on unsafe ice, I will check it where I plan to fish and make a decision.  I am not so foolish to push it beyond my comfort level and experience.

OK with that said don't go off eagle point or your going to find a hole friends of mine watched a guy go into when the ice was setting up.  You can see the dark spot in front of the point it's huge and was uncrossable Sunday.  I found more going north up the main basin to the deep water.  Some ice is badly degraded through and through and some still had some ingerity.  I feel bad for ya though because if it were any level of fishable I'd be there...but nope not this weekend I'd feel more obligated to pay more attention to the safety of those around me than the fishing.  That is the reality of what you are putting yourself into...also I hate Iowa...it's a L...good luck stay dry.

Offline outdoors4good

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1156 on: Mar 02, 2017, 05:53 PM »
My apologies.  Forgive me I'm a newbie!  I appreciate the insight sincerely.

Offline SchrnLker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1157 on: Mar 02, 2017, 05:57 PM »
My apologies.  Forgive me I'm a newbie!  I appreciate the insight sincerely.

Welcome Outdoors4good
Tony

Offline hot tuna

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1158 on: Mar 02, 2017, 06:23 PM »
OK with that said don't go off eagle point or your going to find a hole friends of mine watched a guy go into when the ice was setting up.  You can see the dark spot in front of the point it's huge and was uncrossable Sunday.  I found more going north up the main basin to the deep water.  Some ice is badly degraded through and through and some still had some ingerity.  I feel bad for ya though because if it were any level of fishable I'd be there...but nope not this weekend I'd feel more obligated to pay more attention to the safety of those around me than the fishing.  That is the reality of what you are putting yourself into...also I hate Iowa...it's a L...good luck stay dry.

That hole that was there all season had iced over with the snow filling it in when I was there Friday.   The pressure ridge was all locked up and the brown shanty that was sitting on shore had made it to the ice.  That was Friday. Is the shanty still out there ? On top or sinking ? I know it's a whole different sinero now but just curious about the shanty.

Ps , I was there when the guy walked into the open water , amazing. . There were waves on it but some people always throw caution to the wind and become reckless.  Be safe folks

Offline austin hunter ice team

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1159 on: Mar 02, 2017, 06:31 PM »
I think it is awesome that you guys have joined together because you see an unsafe situation, that is what this site is all about, helping each other stay safe and catch fish.     The Shroon lake boys are ok in my book!!!!!!!!

Offline wec

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1160 on: Mar 02, 2017, 06:39 PM »
Want to start a poll on how many ice rescues there will be this weekend?

Hey amh518, Jon and Jon are two highly respected ice fisherman in this area, there words of caution should not be ignored, and you should not bash them.  If your talking for the club, you said don't fish, believe me, many will not because of shoreline, and not knowing how much damage was done to the ice on the main lake.  For those who pre-paid their entries, is the club going to refund the money for not fishing because of unsafe ice?  I think not, so I totally agree with Jon, the club is not cancelling so they can pocket all the pre-paid entry fees. 

Offline o2rmk800

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1161 on: Mar 02, 2017, 06:41 PM »
I see they did another "non" deleting cleanup on their FB page......

Offline jon ny

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1162 on: Mar 02, 2017, 06:43 PM »
Want to start a poll on how many ice rescues there will be this weekend?

Hey amh518, Jon and Jon are two highly respected ice fisherman in this area, there words of caution should not be ignored, and you should not bash them.  If your talking for the club, you said don't fish, believe me, many will not because of shoreline, and not knowing how much damage was done to the ice on the main lake.  For those who pre-paid their entries, is the club going to refund the money for not fishing because of unsafe ice?  I think not, so I totally agree with Jon, the club is not cancelling so they can pocket all the pre-paid entry fees.

Thanks Bill.  I replied to the troll a couple times but gave up, it's not worth it.  But you hit the nail on the head.  The "non profit" doesn't want to return the money.
I love clipboard man

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #1163 on: Mar 02, 2017, 06:45 PM »
That hole that was there all season had iced over with the snow filling it in when I was there Friday.   The pressure ridge was all locked up and the brown shanty that was sitting on shore had made it to the ice.  That was Friday. Is the shanty still out there ? On top or sinking ? I know it's a whole different sinero now but just curious about the shanty.

Ps , I was there when the guy walked into the open water , amazing. . There were waves on it but some people always throw caution to the wind and become reckless.  Be safe folks

Brown shanty was safely on shore Saturday.  Smart because Saturday morning the edges were tight still with 1' of water or so on top. 

Jon, isn't it fun when the right thing to say is the unpopular one?  Part of me says I could ignore the situation all together, the much larger part of me is actually concerned for the well being of those who, through no fault of their own, could unknowingly put themselves in a horrible situation.  As you are aware I do "know better" and look what happened.  I made a mistake. 

When I read the other side name calling it's quite the red flag?  How can someone get that mad at someone being concerned for others safety?  Might as well hate firefighters...

Offline jon ny

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1164 on: Mar 02, 2017, 06:47 PM »
I see they did another "non" deleting cleanup on their FB page......

I was about to mention that too.  Fortunately I have 14 (and counting) replies archived.  She is busy tonight!
I love clipboard man

Offline 10inches of ice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1165 on: Mar 02, 2017, 06:57 PM »
Yes there is, Eagle Lake had 24" ice 10 days ago, on the small side.  No rivers or streams coming in to dramatically change water level.
are the edges still good on eagle lake? May try it Saturday.

Offline jon ny

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1166 on: Mar 02, 2017, 07:08 PM »
Seems as though Anne Hatchett has been busy.....

3 more gone! And one of their replies tagged a user that had the post deleted.  Hmmmmmm.
I love clipboard man

Offline MTL214

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1167 on: Mar 02, 2017, 07:45 PM »
I am in disbelief reading all of this. I don't post often as I do not like drama. I got rid of my Facebook account years ago. I stood on a local lake on Monday. Wednesday evening it was wide open water. I have been ice fishing for over 25 years and I have never seen a warmup like this. I too am desperate for one more outing. I run a landscaping business and ice time is my only slow time. Guys and gals PLEASE use your heads. I attended the Schroon Lake ice derby last year but I never will again. I only wish the conditions were different, I am again hoping for one last trip far north but Jon and Jon have said it correctly and thank you. Schroon lake is not safe as of now.

Offline walleye03

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1168 on: Mar 02, 2017, 08:08 PM »
Hey do you guys think Eagle Lake has safe ice? Looking to fish somewhere. Thanks for any help.

Offline NORRM

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I see fish lurking about the chilly depths!!
« Reply #1169 on: Mar 02, 2017, 08:28 PM »
Guys please face the facts, it's over get the boats ready to go and be safe so we can all walk the hard water again next winter.
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day
Teach a man to fish and he'll sit in his shanty all day and drink BEER!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.