New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SCHROON LAKE and Surrounding Ponds Thread  (Read 429612 times)

Offline SchrnLker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: SCHROON LAKE and Surrounding Ponds Thread
« Reply #1110 on: Mar 02, 2017, 02:33 PM »
Hey guys,
Anyone know what the edges are like on the northwest shore near Easy street, kanasta st?

Shoreline is shot all around the lake.  Wait til you guys see the pics I'm about to download.
Tony

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #1111 on: Mar 02, 2017, 02:43 PM »
Can't wait Tony!

Offline EatenByLimestone

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1112 on: Mar 02, 2017, 02:56 PM »
Do you have an idea how many feet the lake has risen?

Offline SchrnLker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1113 on: Mar 02, 2017, 03:06 PM »
Thurs. afternoon
Adirondack

Town Launch

Tony

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #1114 on: Mar 02, 2017, 03:10 PM »
ATV'S on the ice....ya ok!

Offline SchrnLker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1115 on: Mar 02, 2017, 03:16 PM »
File this under the category " Are you bleeping kidding me!"  Latest post from Schroon Lake F&G Club
Dear Contestant:

Due to unusual weather conditions, some fisherman have expressed concern that there may be unsafe conditions on the lake. They have specific concerns regarding shoreline access to the lake ice.
The Fish and Game Club has been unable to conduct a survey of the specific ice thickness on Schroon Lake, and cautions all participants to use their own discretion and take all necessary safety precautions. This is especially true along the shoreline and near the inlets and outlets of the lake.

-The Schroon Lake Fish and Game Club
Tony

Offline thor94

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1116 on: Mar 02, 2017, 03:17 PM »
I can't believe that tourney is still on.  That's just reckless.  Gives our sport a bad name.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #1117 on: Mar 02, 2017, 03:29 PM »
I can't believe that tourney is still on.  That's just reckless.  Gives our sport a bad name.

X1000000

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yakity yak yak, yakity yak yak
« Reply #1118 on: Mar 02, 2017, 03:31 PM »
I was just going to post with their most recient post. Lol

I guess they can't get onto the ice to test the thickness because it's too far from shore. Ha ha Ha ha ha

If I didn't have a cabin that's paid for, I wouldn't go. It looks like it's going to be a beer and venison barbecue weekend!!!

><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
. .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Offline SchrnLker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1119 on: Mar 02, 2017, 03:36 PM »
I was just going to post with their most recient post. Lol

I guess they can't get onto the ice to test the thickness because it's too far from shore. Ha ha Ha ha ha

If I didn't have a cabin that's paid for, I wouldn't go. It looks like it's going to be a beer and venison barbecue weekend!!!

And there's nothing wrong with a venison bbq!!! :thumbsup:  I'm real tempted to put on my fly fishing gear and go stand on a sand bar and cast for salmon in the current, which is really ripping right now!
Tony

Offline jon ny

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1120 on: Mar 02, 2017, 03:38 PM »
File this under the category " Are you bleeping kidding me!"  Latest post from Schroon Lake F&G Club
Dear Contestant:

Due to unusual weather conditions, some fisherman have expressed concern that there may be unsafe conditions on the lake. They have specific concerns regarding shoreline access to the lake ice.
The Fish and Game Club has been unable to conduct a survey of the specific ice thickness on Schroon Lake, and cautions all participants to use their own discretion and take all necessary safety precautions. This is especially true along the shoreline and near the inlets and outlets of the lake.

-The Schroon Lake Fish and Game Club

Keep refreshing the page.  Watch the negative posts disappear!  Already one was removed, "bring a boat"
I love clipboard man

Offline jon ny

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1121 on: Mar 02, 2017, 03:40 PM »
15 minutes ago, regarding a question asking about edges being shot and the lake level rising:

Schroon Lake Fish & Game Club Ice Fishing Derby No, the water is lowering if anything. This weekend its to be below zero at night as well.
16 mins
I love clipboard man

Offline Adkmountainman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1122 on: Mar 02, 2017, 03:46 PM »
Huh wonder why they haven't checked ice thickness............. .probably to take some liability off them........unbelievab le

Offline walleye03

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1123 on: Mar 02, 2017, 03:47 PM »
What part of the lake are the first few pics from?

Offline SchrnLker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1124 on: Mar 02, 2017, 03:49 PM »
15 minutes ago, regarding a question asking about edges being shot and the lake level rising:

Schroon Lake Fish & Game Club Ice Fishing Derby No, the water is lowering if anything. This weekend its to be below zero at night as well.
16 mins

More 'fake news' from these people, lake continues to rise, the USGS charts show that.  They're banking awful heavy on the cold the next few nights.
Tony

Offline SchrnLker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1125 on: Mar 02, 2017, 03:52 PM »
What part of the lake are the first few pics from?

First 2 pics are off Adirondack and the last one is the town launch behind Stewarts.  Page 52 has more pics taken Monday, and believe me it has gotten much worse since then.
Tony

Offline jon ny

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1126 on: Mar 02, 2017, 03:57 PM »
More 'fake news' from these people, lake continues to rise, the USGS charts show that.  They're banking awful heavy on the cold the next few nights.

I'm actually copying the names and quotes of people replying, before they get a chance to delete them.  So if/when someone gets hurt or worse, they can't play the ignorance card.  WE know it doesn't matter how cold it gets, a rising lake isn't going to freeze adequately in March.
I love clipboard man

Offline SchrnLker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1127 on: Mar 02, 2017, 04:01 PM »
I'm actually copying the names and quotes of people replying, before they get a chance to delete them.  So if/when someone gets hurt or worse, they can't play the ignorance card.  WE know it doesn't matter how cold it gets, a rising lake isn't going to freeze adequately in March.

I just did the same thing. Wonder if the media would like a good story?  ;)
Tony

Offline jon ny

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1128 on: Mar 02, 2017, 04:06 PM »
What the hell is wrong with you?! the club is an organization. Second don't get your **** in a ruffle because you think they "deleted" your comments. Seriously?!
I am a local and a club member. its insane the **** i see people saying on their page. Then you wanna go make a forum on another set because you want assume his and that then cry about it? its a Facebook page with restrictions. I suggest you all grow up, stop causing drama on the internet over a local community event. You don't like it, don't think its safe or whatever else? Then don't go, its that simple.

Guessing you're Anna Hanchett, webmaster and board member?  If so, care to explain why one of my posts was deleted and why I can no longer comment on the page?  It was 2 days ago, in reply to your comment the lake levels were dropping, and stated "fact check, the lake has risen and continues to rise."  Where did the comment go a half hour ago saying to bring a boat?  Look at the pictures, you money grabbing leeches!
I love clipboard man

Offline jon ny

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1129 on: Mar 02, 2017, 04:08 PM »
I just did the same thing. Wonder if the media would like a good story?  ;)

Working on it!  Check your pm!
I love clipboard man

Amh518

« Reply #1130 on: Mar 02, 2017, 04:15 PM »
No I am not. She is obviously the web master of the site. Regardless its not their business to have to explain every little thing about Facebook pages and restrictions. Comments don't get deleted. There are multiple things that could of happened due tot he site, word restrictions and other things or just simps comment disables. For you to say "money grabbing leeches" what is that a joke? its a local organization and a non profit one. The derby helps bring business to the community. The only brought in are obviously paid out if people are asking how many entrants. Are you seriously a moron? You obviously don't know anything about what your talking about.

Offline o2rmk800

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1131 on: Mar 02, 2017, 04:20 PM »
No I am not. She is obviously the web master of the site. Regardless its not their business to have to explain every little thing about Facebook pages and restrictions. Comments don't get deleted. There are multiple things that could of happened due tot he site, word restrictions and other things or just simps comment disables. For you to say "money grabbing leeches" what is that a joke? its a local organization and a non profit one. The derby helps bring business to the community. The only brought in are obviously paid out if people are asking how many entrants. Are you seriously a moron? You obviously don't know anything about what your talking about.

So I'm guessing you joined this site to try and plead your case as to why the contest should be still on......

totally mind boggling that it would even be considered when a vast majority of better contests have been cancelled as the organizers didn't want to jeoprdize people's lives....

Offline Wolley

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1132 on: Mar 02, 2017, 04:21 PM »
this is great. I need to visit the New York page more often.  ;D

Offline jon ny

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1133 on: Mar 02, 2017, 04:30 PM »
Huh, bunch of posts on their facebook page just disappeared.  I thought posts didn't get deleted, Annette?  Good thing I have them copied! (names redacted)  ;D

Wow, I'm shocked at the club's stance on this. I don't see the benefit of hosting this with these conditions. Greed?

Bringing atvs to be left on trailers as the shoreline is shot/non existent to 30'

Contest should be cancelled. You are putting people's lives in danger!!!

(my personal favorite, and an honest question): Why hasnt the club checked the lake? Thats irresponsible when your hosting the tournament. I just saw pics on ice shanty where shorelines are gone and open areas of lake. People are depending on you for knowledge and responsibility
I love clipboard man

Offline pixleyken

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1134 on: Mar 02, 2017, 04:32 PM »
Hey I'm going to be optimistic about schroon but plan to do some serious scouting tomorrow. None the less I'm coming from three hours away and am wondering, if schroon is shot, is there any other fishable water in warren/essex?

Offline o2rmk800

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1135 on: Mar 02, 2017, 04:35 PM »
Seems as though since you only joined today at 4:54pm that your sole perpose is to promote a carelessness act on part of the Fish n Game club. If someone dies trying to fish this contest b/c you claim there is 12" of ice without anyone from the club caring to physically check conditions is unfortunate......

Offline o2rmk800

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1136 on: Mar 02, 2017, 04:38 PM »
Now they claim they have "NOT" removed posts....

Offline hot tuna

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1137 on: Mar 02, 2017, 04:41 PM »
Maybe I'm wrong but I will throw this out anyway.
Can't you be ticketed personally for accessing state waters ( ice ) in unsafe conditions  ?
I recall years ago someone from the NYS conservation saying this to me but again , I may be mistaken.

Thoughts ?

Offline jon ny

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1138 on: Mar 02, 2017, 04:49 PM »
Again Jon the moron...  Glad you can read. Do you have proof that they are actually deleted? Do you know for a given fact? or just what you want to talk out your ass?

Yes I do Anna!  Names, and full messages included!  Here's another one you zapped in the past 15 minutes:

Here's a better question why is the clun deleting comments on this thread? Ppl drive a long way for this and listen to what the clun tells them. They are saying its safe to go out on.
I love clipboard man

Offline SchrnLker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1139 on: Mar 02, 2017, 04:50 PM »
Maybe I'm wrong but I will throw this out anyway.
Can't you be ticketed personally for accessing state waters ( ice ) in unsafe conditions  ?
I recall years ago someone from the NYS conservation saying this to me but again , I may be mistaken.

Thoughts ?

Not sure about this, but I know DEC is planning on having their air boat on site.
Tony

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.