The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Ft Peck bucket list trip  (Read 960 times)

Offline thorson

• Team IceShanty Regular
Ft Peck bucket list trip
« on: Feb 28, 2018, 04:42 PM »
Hi all,

My 76 y/o father and I are looking for ANY info on areas of Fort Peck to fish. Not to specific on species, walleyes, pike, trout. Perhaps guides if there are some.  We are accomplished ice fishermen looking for a once in a lifetime fishing experience.  Please help make this a reality.  We would be open to trading a trip with any involved to Central MN to experience our wonderful fishing resources here too! But certainly not important.

Thank you!
Thor
Life is short, fish hard!

Offline Noon

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Ft Peck bucket list trip
« Reply #1 on: Feb 28, 2018, 05:07 PM »
I don't have any info for you myself, but if you check out the montana fishing conditions and reports board there are pages of info on fishing ft peck. That being said, i hope someone send you and your pops the intell you need to have that fishing experience you're looking for. Be safe and tight lines!
It doesn't sound that appealing to most people I talk to, but going out onto a frozen lake and staring into a hole for the day is my favorite thing to do.

Mizayikaa

« Reply #2 on: Feb 28, 2018, 05:15 PM »
Coming the way you would be I would think Hell Creek or Lakeridge by the town of fort peck would be the way to go.  They both have lodging, guides and good fishing.

Offline RigginJap

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Mar 04, 2018, 08:39 PM »
Sent you a pm.

Offline thepikepolice

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Mar 04, 2018, 09:42 PM »
Hell Creek is a great place to try. Clint and Deb run an outstanding operation, and the fish are plentiful. Northerns are fairly common through the ice out there, and the walleye are too. If you want lakers, you best look nearer to the dam. The ice can be extremely dangerous and unpredictable, so be safe whatever you do. Multiple folks have lost their lives out there.

Offline Wenger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Mar 05, 2018, 05:47 PM »
Lots of lakers around Hell Creek this time of year.  Call Clint and have him take you out.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.