The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: Champlain question  (Read 1474 times)

Offline SalmonAndStriper Stalker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Champlain question
« on: Nov 25, 2018, 07:51 PM »
Looking at booking a place up on champlain this season. Would be me my dad and a couple of friends. Wanted to do pike one day and lake trout the other day. Really wanting a shot a lake trout as well so is there any places where both species are targetable? Was thinking of holiday harbor but I never hear of any laker fishing only pike.

Offline Jschumacher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Nothing beats walking on water. Life Member NAFC
Re: Champlain question
« Reply #1 on: Nov 26, 2018, 08:29 AM »
You can find lakers out off the cow banks on Champlain. There too you need some good cold to lock it up. Also out off Isle La Motte the western side of the island there are lakers. HH is our destination every year.
Hard water Tight lines Flags up. Doesn't get any better than that

Member of the G.O.D.S

Offline bootstrap

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Nov 26, 2018, 08:31 AM »
no fish here!

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Nov 26, 2018, 04:50 PM »
You can find lakers out off the cow banks on Champlain. There too you need some good cold to lock it up. Also out off Isle La Motte the western side of the island there are lakers. HH is our destination every year.
Is it possible to target Lakers out of holiday harbor?

Offline ctownfisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Nov 26, 2018, 07:11 PM »
Pretty much driving from HH regardless if its pike or Lakers.  So it's safe to say yes just depends how far you want to drive to and from Daily.  Both lowaccord and jachumacher have allot of time up there on ice. I have been lucky enough to catch pike, perch and walleye on champlain. Ide suggest you be calling Bruce soon or all the good cabins will be rented.

Flags up!
Ctown

Offline Jschumacher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Nothing beats walking on water. Life Member NAFC
« Reply #5 on: Nov 27, 2018, 08:57 AM »
I have heard of a few lakers taken out in front of Bruce's out by the channel in deeper water. I would not target them there. Cow Banks is a good bet from HH. You can check with Bruce also he'll point you in the right direction. ATV will certainly help getting to laker grounds can be a long walk.
Hard water Tight lines Flags up. Doesn't get any better than that

Member of the G.O.D.S

Offline bootstrap

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Nov 27, 2018, 09:14 AM »
head down this way and i will put you on the slime.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Nov 27, 2018, 10:08 AM »
If you really want Lakers NY is the side to be on pending ice conditions.  However I tend to prefer the VT side for pike.
Kind of looking for a lot of action and it seems like pike would be more fast and furious than lakers. Just wanted to try and targeting them one of the days I was there.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Nov 27, 2018, 11:27 AM »
Yeah it seems like pike is going to be my target. Looking at taking my dad and our elderly friend who loves to ice fish. We have a ATV we will probably bring so location shouldnt be that difficult

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.