Author Topic: heaters  (Read 680 times)

Offline hamms

• Team IceShanty Addict
heaters
« on: Jan 05, 2014, 08:24 PM »
Lets talk heaters, Which one do you grab for good reliable heat. I wish I could say the big buddy. I ran a buddy for a long time and it has done well but in my x2 it wouldn't be near enough to keep us warm out this these temps and wind. I go for the mr heater cooker, It stays lit and pumps out heat. Always works! When the big buddy is fixed I like using it for when the kids are with for sure. They are just more finicky to use Then the good old cooker/ htr . I have heard of guys running the same one for 20 plus years. Now that is reliable equipment.
Fishin red lines

Offline esox_magnum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: heaters
« Reply #1 on: Jan 05, 2014, 08:34 PM »
Heater/cooker with mods....This one was 20 years old when the pic was taken, sadly 4 years later she passed and was replaced with it's twin....

Offline yank0073

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 05, 2014, 08:37 PM »
I have a 12000btu coleman focus 12 sunflower heater.  Used it for about 10yrs.  It still works fine and lights very easy.  This year I bought a big buddy heater, for when I take the kid out.  Thought the big buddy would be safer around kids.  What a pos.  Very hard to ignite and it doesn't put out much more heat than my 12000btu coleman heater.  It also uses more propane.  Very disappointed with the big buddy.

Offline hamms

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 05, 2014, 09:42 PM »
It also doesn't call the fish in like the sunflower often does with its little howl and hummmmmmmm
Fishin red lines

Offline esox_magnum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 05, 2014, 09:44 PM »
It also doesn't call the fish in like the sunflower often does with its little howl and hummmmmmmm

My old one never did that, neither does the one for my 1 man but the one for the big shack does unless I crank it right away to minimize it...

Offline Hollywood703

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 05, 2014, 10:45 PM »
My Mr heater/cooker has a definite hum too it, always has, its not really high pitched though. It is too much heater for my 1 man so posted it up a few places to trade for other type like a procat, or blackcat

Offline EasternCentralNY21

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Love The Great Outdoors
« Reply #6 on: Jan 06, 2014, 10:15 AM »
They must have updated the mr heaters mine works well

Offline DJA222

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 06, 2014, 04:11 PM »
I use a buddy heater that has to be close to 12 years old now and have never had a problem with it. I cant say enough good about it and how reliable its been.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.