Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1626072 times)

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #19620 on: May 16, 2020, 07:37 PM »
Good evening pleasant day here with a high in the low seventies seems yesterday's rain helped lower the humidity. Thank you for the nice comments on my profession a struggle at times currently just happy to be working for an essential business and not furloughed or working from home. Good to see other people each day and thankfully so far i have avoided the virus.
Ice Wanderer glad you have a wholesale meat market in your area I assume you are now good on meat products for a few weeks. Hope you and the wife had fun with little Carson and his sister.
Hunts2long hope I'm understanding your post correctly. Happy Anniversary to the two of you. :clap: :clap: .Until recently it has been a cooler Spring and also a good amount of rain which maybe keeping lake water temperatures cool.
Whopper Stopper ,good to hear your wife's eye doctor is happy and she only needs a slight adjustment to her medication. Think we all understand if you are a little depressed after finding "Arrow" on the road and not checking the game camera that often lately.
Wallyworld the years do go buy quickly good your son and DIL still have some time before having to worry about college and it's cost.
Icefisher-45 glad your wife is starting to see some results from using the C-Pap. I wish you would have seen a quick result from the new medication.
UfCreel I think we are also seeing an increase in "Bowl Cuts" due to Covid-19. Like Ice Wanderer letting my hair grow may need to wear a hair net at work before i'm able to see a barber.
IFF good you received some rain for your garden. Thank you for answering my question about the haircut.
Capt.Jim,SpitzoMT. may all be good with you and your families.
Eddie ditto everyone's comments best to your mom, you and the family.

Have a good night if the weather permits get outside or take a car ride tomorrow to see some different scenery. Best of health to everyone and to quote Babe Winkleman "Good Fishing".
 Steve

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #19621 on: May 17, 2020, 05:05 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                       It's 48* and partly cloudy here on my hill. The last decent day before rainy days ahead. ::)
                       Steve........Actually the store is a wholesale supply store, they have almost everything for restaurants. Most prices are good and some higher
               than grocery stores. :blink:
                       H2L..........Hopefully the lake will warm up this week. :thumbsup:
                       I-45.........I'm sure the sleep people told your wife that she'll have more energy with using the cpap, but she also has type ll diabetes which
               also causes tiredness. I  find if I'm just sitting around I will doze off. But if I'm busy doing something I don't get sleepy. :blink:
                      Wally........It's always a pleasure to get to spend time with the grand kids, you'll be able soon too. :thumbsup:
                      Marv.........I hope you got the much needed rain. :flex: :flex:
                      Yesterday was a bright clear no cloud in the sky day, we had a good day with the grand kids.
                      My wife's mother and her daughter are coming tomorrow for a few days, so off to do some more shopping today.
                      I hope everyone has agood Sunday either at work or at home. Stay Safe and Healthy

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19622 on: May 17, 2020, 05:43 AM »
50* and some clouds have moved in.
Mr. C, you are correct, 39 years. Wife had "surf and turf" and I had "turf" with a salad. A very nice day, we sat out on the deck in the afternoon. I think everyone who had a motorcycle had it out yesterday. The launch was also full yesterday but didn't see many boats up this way.
I may just get the boat out of the garage today, looks like temps are warming up and the wind is going to move around to the South. Looks like Thursday will be the day.
Have a good day a stay safe....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19623 on: May 17, 2020, 05:56 AM »
Morning all,

H2L....happy belated anniversary to you and MrsH2  :thumbsup: :clap:  I'll remember the date from here on out as it's also my b-day (just a FEW years later)  ;)2

IW.....glad you had a nice day with the grandkids  :clap:  enjoy your company  :)

MrC......good you were able to continue working AND avoid getting sick  :bow: :flex: :thumbsup:

OS....got my gardens planted yesterday, fingers crossed the warm weather is here to stay now  ::)

WS.....hope you're all getting out and enjoying some nice weather this weekend  ;)2

Eddie/TT/CapJ/.......hope all is well with you and yours  ;)

Looks like a bike ride is on tap today  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: 

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Online tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19624 on: May 17, 2020, 06:34 AM »
I will try to get a post done today. Before I left on Tuesday I knew the pup was having some stomach issues. We figured out that it might be coccidia so I closed off the old dog run and let them use the old garden area. The Yorke ended up coming in with ants all over her while I was gone. I could not find any ant hills in that area so I do not have any idea where they came from. I weed wacked every thing to the ground in the area so the pup had nothing to eat. After I was done I was to bushed to post.

Now to figure out the notes I made from posts on IS that were made while I was gone.

Steve construction was banned for quite a while. The ban meant nothing to the two Dollar General stores that were under construction as they continued to pour cement. When we  headed over to the foot doctors before I left for the other place I knew there was some road construction going on. Who ever decided on the detour rout was an idiot. My foot doctor had to go that way the next day so he was glad that I could tell him how to beat the detour.

ww I hope that you do not get frost to kill your plantings. I never planted anything the frost could kill until actual Memorial day. One time we were at the club on the 9th of June with a farmer friend. I told him were going to get a bad frost that night so I had my garden covered. He thought I was crazy. I called him at 8 the next morning. He said he had 43* on his hill. it told him to go look at his Christmas tree plantations and come to the house as I would have the coffee and a crying towel for him. I had 23* and could see the damage to the pine trees new growth out side the back door from the frost.

Modify so I did not lose what I had posted.

Capt J It is the same around here with out side contractors getting the work while locals starve. I cut my own hair as the top of my head is a chrome dome. I put a guide on my clipper's and go at it. The wife does the back where I can not reach. No way am I gong to pay a barber  for 6 minute of work

IW It is good to keep things on the light side with your doctors. Hopefully you do not have to many problems with your hand when you get healed up.

Now to my trip over to the other place to put steel on the roof of half of the other place. MY grandson came up to help me on Wednesday night.  We started on the roof after having a fruitless hunt on Thursday  morning. We got 8 sheets on after the rain quit covering up the leaking area. We tried hunting with my other son that after noon. We spooked four jakes getting into the property so no score for him.

Friday morning we went to my breeder friends'. The turkey's were silent in the trees since it had been raining. The three that were there left headed south with some hens. There were only three toms around not the normal 8 or 10. We left there and tried to find turkeys in the fog. We were almost home when he spotted some dark spots in a field through the fog. I had permission on the next field so I drove down a dirt road. I hid the van and told him I would stay in the van and  call. He said they were coming when a woman walked down the road. After she was gone I called from the van getting them to come up the edge of the field. He shot a jake that he was satisficed with as he had limited time to hunt.

His dad had came up to help us put the last four sheets on the roof which did not take long. Now to get the steel for the other side of the roof ordered.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #19625 on: May 17, 2020, 08:50 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

49 with rain, rain, rain. We may end up with 2"-3" before it ends later this afternoon.

h2l better late then never.......Happy Anniversary to you and Mrs h2l. 39 years is quite an adventure together :clap: :clap: Good catch mr.clean :thumbsup:

IW good luck getting ready for the company, that will help make the time pass by :thumbsup:

WW Happy Birthday to you! Enjoy your ride :thumbsup:

Not much on the planner today. I have a tree to look at but I'm not in any hurry to do it. Other then that we may have a pizza in our future come noon.

Hope everyone has a good Sunday :thumbsup: Stay safe and healthy.

WS

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19626 on: May 17, 2020, 08:58 AM »
All I can say about some customers in fishing yesterday is I sure hope they don't buy a boat......Sad. but hey they got to start somewhere LOL
Bud

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19627 on: May 17, 2020, 09:42 AM »
Good Morning ER's  Happy anniversary/birthday. Missing arrow here too. Finally felt the thump of some nice crappie last night. Got about a dozen and gave them to a couple who seen me drop my minnow bucket; they helped pick up some of the minnows flopping around and gave me a little water to save the outing. Raining here now but getting warmer almost every week. Hope all are healing up and safe.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #19628 on: May 17, 2020, 12:06 PM »
Good day headed to seventy here sure there will be plenty of people out enjoying the weather. When we had similar weather 2 weeks ago seemed like everyone and there relatives was out I saw plenty of traffic and people on my trip to meet my sister and BIL that day.
Ice Wanderer thank you for the whole sale store info. I have to do some research on similar places in my area and compare their prices to supermarkets. Good we have nice weather this weekend so you could get outside with little Carson and his sister. safe travels for your MIL and her granddaughter have a good visit with them.
Hunts2long once again congratulations to the two of you . Hopefully next year you will be able to have a bigger celebration for your fortieth anniversary.
Wallyworld belated Happy Birthday :clap: :clap:. The garden looks good may you get a good yield from it this year. Enjoy the bike ride today.
Tomturkey bothers me how large companies can ignore the construction ban and may only pay a small fine if they suffer any punishment for their actions. May th rest of the roofing job go as smoothly as the first part. Congratulations to your grandson on getting the jake. :clap: :thumbsup:
Whopper Stopper hope all of you are enjoying the pizza. may all the rain not leave your ground to water logged.
IFF I think if you had to pass a test to get a fishing license many people would fail. ;)2
Old Goat congratulations on the crappies  :clap: Good sportsmanship on your part giving the fish to couple who help you after dropping your minnow bucket. :thumbsup:

Have a good Sunday. best to everyone fishing and hunting.
 Steve

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19629 on: May 17, 2020, 08:28 PM »
Well they were not all in Saturday, a good number showed up today.  One thought I didn't know how to spool a fly reel, guess mainly because I had never seen that "Off" brand, and it required a tool to remove the spool, according to the directions, which also stated the spool would have to be FORCED off LOL.  Would have made it easier to drop an arbor knot on,  He brought a spool of mono line instead of the regular "Backing" which was displayed next to the backing line.  He thought they were the same. Which it is not.

I seriously doubt, if he as ever used a fly rod, he bought the whole outfit, waders, top of the line St Croix, that reel because it was on sale, over a hundred pre-tied flies, net, vest, one of each size of tapered leaders a spool of each tipit line, kayak, must have money to burn LOL

Truth be known I have probably fished with a fly rod more hours than he is old.
Bud

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #19630 on: May 18, 2020, 04:26 AM »

Good morning ER:s,
                       It's 49* and cloudy with showers expected. ::)
                       Tom........Well at least the trip wasn't  a total loss, congrats to you grandson :thumbsup:
                       OG.........That was a good thing you did to the couple for helping you. :bow: :flex: :clap:
                       H2L........Happy belated anniversary to you and the Mrs.  :clap:
                       Wally......Nice looking garden, hopefully it will produce some good veggies. :flex: How was the bike ride? ???
                       Marv......Pizza is a nice lunch on a rainy day, :thumbsup: what kind did you get? ???
                       Eddie.....I hope all is well at the nursing home and with the rest of your family. :flex:
                       Bud.......All I can say SOME PEOPLE. LOL :roflmao:
                       My neighbor is going back to work today, the company he works for does dock work. :whistle:
                       Today the in laws are coming so there will be some scurrying around by my wife, me it is what it is.  :woot:
                       I hope everyone has a good Monday either at work or at home, Stay Safe and Healthy

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #19631 on: May 18, 2020, 05:23 AM »
Good morning IW! Good morning everyone :bow:

50 heading into the 60's today, the rain has moved on, the winds will return at +30mph. We received a little over 2" of the much needed grow juice. Now just add a little sun and it will be time to mow again.

IW enjoy the time with the company :thumbsup: We had a house special pizza. Pepperoni, mushroom, green peppers, and onions with extra cheese. It had been a long time since we had one and it was everything we remembered  :thumbsup:

WW hope you enjoyed the ride :thumbsup:  I never did hear anything about cribbage during our long rain event :whistle:

Eddie I sure am missing the coffee and rolls every morning, hope all is well :thumbsup:

I am going to get my walk in before the wind kicks in, then just a few indoor chores "quietly" as The Office gets rolling.

Hope you all have a good day either at work, home, or play :thumbsup: Stay safe and healthy.

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19632 on: May 18, 2020, 05:38 AM »
Morning all,

IFF.....at least you get some comic relief while you're at work  :roflmao:

IW....that's great your M-I-L is doing so well  :flex: :thumbsup:  enjoy the family time  :clap:  glad to see some returning to work   :clap:

WS.....was the pizza homemade  ???  hope the rain has passed on thru now  :blink:  watch the grass grow now  ;D

H2L.....looks like it's time to get the boat ready, some nice weather headed our way, water should be warming up nicely  :clap:

MrC......hard to tell people they have to stay in when the weather is so nice, guess it becomes a matter of personal level of perceived risk  :-\

OG......congrats on the catching and the giving  :flex: :bow:

TT......congrats to the grandson on the bird  :thumbsup:  hope Sophie is feeling better  ???

WS's rain crept east last night, continuing thru today  :blink:  at least it's not snow and it's good for the garden  ;)  guess it will be indoor chores today  :-\

Morning WS......enjoy the walk  :flex:  guessing the house will be smelling wonderful later  :whistle:  ???  ;)2  :roflmao:

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19633 on: May 18, 2020, 06:29 AM »
52* and light rain.
WW, Happy Birthday a day or two late.
IFF, the guy must have gotten his check from the government.
OG, way to go with the fishing.
Thanks everyone for the Anniversary wishes. The girls treated us to pizza yesterday. Lindsay tossed some lures around from the beach but no hits.
Have a good day and be safe...h2l
Northville, NY

Online tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19634 on: May 18, 2020, 08:50 AM »
It has been raining since yesterday noon almost non stop. A lot of records have been broken. The town 30 miles south of my other place has had over 3 inches so far. Some are reporting more than that. The rain coming this way stretches' into Kentucky.  ::)

IFF  You and your fellow workers need medals for having to deal with some of the customers you have to deal with. It is sad how so many people have become.

OG It is good to here you paid it back to the people that help you save your fishing trip.
I need to get my pontoon in the water. I got an email from the lake Assn. about those that had not sent in their dock contracts. I saw that a guy that works at the local hardware that is not on the internet had not sent his in. He said another friend had clued him in. He said that his wife called the guy and let him have it. If you do not have internet like a quite few do not you are cut off from what is going on. They used to send out mail to those that do not but not any more. Costs to much???? Actually it requires a little work!!!

Steve I think I am going to go over and cover the part of the roof that still need steel with some heavy black plastic after this rain moves on as I can not get any help until Memorial week end.

ww Happy belated Birth Day. hopefully this rain moves into Canada like is seems to be doing. Those of you to the east do not need this. there is a lot of flooding in places along the Grand river in Grand Haven already. The crest is still aways away.

A couple of medical groups are now suing our governess over her shut down of not being allowed to do procedures that need to be done to prevent them becoming life threating. There might be a decision on the legislatures suit against her for over stepping her rights from the state supreme court today.

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19635 on: May 18, 2020, 11:19 AM »
Afternoon all,

Just got an email from the theater where we saw the “ Guys on Ice” show. They are streaming it online from now until the 24th, so if any of you are interested in having a chuckle or two, check it out!! Pendragon Theatre.org I believe it’s free

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19636 on: May 18, 2020, 08:09 PM »
Well plan to go on another's boat didn't pan out so took mine solo, count ended with 30 eyes, brought home one legal one.  Pretty worm got up to 89*  Lake was a zoo, one of the two boat ramps close for some expansion repairs.  Had boats backed up for half mile trying to get in.  And you might know, looked like several need lessons on how to back up a trailer.  :cookoo: Took almost an hour to get room to load my boat up.  And might know, couldn't drive it on, as shift cable broke  :%$#!:  More sad news, got home and the landing gear sheared its pin, so had to get out a floor jack to unhitch. :(

Get home and find I got the "Check", :thumbsup: :thumbsup: then find out it will not cover the shortage for taxes and insurance.  Same thing happened last year.  Didn't think there were raises  ??? :unsure: :unsure: will have to look back at those.

Garden watered,  See I should have put on some sun screen, looks like arms are red now.  I need a nap.....or a bailey's  ;D
Bud

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #19637 on: May 18, 2020, 09:45 PM »
Good evening the rain from out Whopper Stopper's and Tomturkey's way bypassed my area of NY. .
Drifter how are you feeling, were you able to get repairs done to your vehicle. Hope all is good with your father.
Eddie guessing you are still without a computer and limited to your phone. May every thing be good with your mom and the family.
IFF sounds like that customer got bit hard by the Fly fishing bug. Congratulations on the walleyes :clap: Sorry to hear about the boat and trailer problems. Glad you finally received your check.
Whopper Stopper sounds like everyone enjoyed Sunday's lunch. Hope you did not disturb work at the "office" doing your chores today.
Wallyworld thank you for the information on the play I will have to check it out. I just hope we don't see an increase in virus cases as more people get out and enjoy the nicer weather.
Tomturkey hope Sophie is doing better today. may the medical groups and your Governess be able to reach an agreement on essential surgeries- medical procedures.

Have a good night.
 Steve

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19638 on: May 19, 2020, 04:44 AM »
Morning all,

IFF.....glad you finally received your $$$  :clap: :thumbsup:  sounds like a busy day in the boat, sorry it ended with problems  :wacko:  always amusing to watch the free show at the launch  :roflmao:

MrC......my area got a little over 1/2" of rain  ::)  thanks for the gardening info  :bow:

WS.....did you check out the latest tree job yesterday  ???  enjoy this morning's walk  :)

IW.....hope the in laws had a safe trip and are settled in  ;)

Eddie....fingers crossed all is well  :)

TT.....hope the finish to the roofing job goes well  :flex:

H2L....is the boat out  ???

Thanks for all the birthday wishes  :bow:

Might be mowing today if the lawn isn't too soggy from yesterday's rain  :unsure: have a new wall oven getting delivered this afternoon after almost a month wait   ::)   :thumbsup:  looks like some water therapy tomorrow  ;)2 :clap:

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #19639 on: May 19, 2020, 05:09 AM »
Good morning WW! Good morning everyone :thumbsup:

56 with a nice day on tap getting to 70.

WW it sure didn't take long for the grass to stretch out ??? I will be lucky to make the weekend after all the rain. The pizza we had was a take out.

WW hope you had an enjoyable time with the company yesterday :thumbsup: What are you all doing today?

TT good luck with the roofing project :thumbsup:

Busy day yesterday with errands and house chores. Today I need to hit up Menard's for a couple things then puttering around home.

Yesterday I looked at the camera card. None of the videos really stood out except one 5 second one. I just snapped a screen shot.

Hope you all have a good day no matter what is going on :thumbsup: Stay safe and healthy.

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19640 on: May 19, 2020, 05:16 AM »
 :'( :'( :'( :'(  may she rest in peace

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19641 on: May 19, 2020, 05:17 AM »
47* and sunny.
IFF, great day of catching. My uncle ran a Marina for over 30 years and during the Summer, on Sunday afternoon he would go to the local launch just for the entertainment.
WW, the boat is ready to be taken out of the garage today. Yesterday I went and got my jigs and some worms. They only had 11 of the one color jig I like. I am planning on going on Thursday, only because the wind is out of a better direction. Plus, another day to give things a chance to warm up. Good Luck on Wed.

Eddie, thoughts are with you and your family.

Have a good day and stay well...h2l

WS, thanks for "one last picture" of Arrow. Were you able to find the arrow?
Northville, NY

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #19642 on: May 19, 2020, 05:25 AM »

WS, thanks for "one last picture" of Arrow. Were you able to find the arrow?

The arrow was pretty well smashed as a few vehicles had ran it over, so I just left it. I went by the spot a couple hours later and everything was gone.

WS

Online tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19643 on: May 19, 2020, 06:34 AM »
It looks like the rain is pretty much over, Finally. All of the streams and rivers are at flood stage with the crest still to come. It sounds like a dam in the Bay City is expected to break.

The roofing project is going to be put on hold until after the holiday. No way do I want to be over there with all of the idiots around. My son checked  the leaky area yesterday. It looks like the extra tar we put on the other day has stopped the leak for now. I need to wait until my grand son can help any way.

It sounds like the grandsons wedding the end of June can go on as planned as the Governor relaxed the shut down where it is in Traverse City area and the UP.

Sophie is doing a lot better. I got the blue berries fenced off so she can not bring the muddy weed cover around them that she tears up into the house.

Watching boat launches can be very entertaining. I do not want any one around when I am launching the toon as I have trouble getting it through the gate  and straight down the launch. I had to pull a guy out of a launch with my van one time. He got to far in no the slime on the launch and could not get back out. Luckily his truck had a steel bumper so he did not have to get to wet hooking the chain to it.

Headed into the city for a doctors appointment for the wife. We had planed on going to decorate graves but will put that off until tomorrow when things get dried out some. I see she bought some flags as they are not putting flags on veterans graves this year do social distancing.

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
!
« Reply #19644 on: May 19, 2020, 07:10 AM »
A soggy good morning ER's! Been raining steadily since yesterday morning and it can quit anytime  :%$#!: :%$#!: :%$#!: :cookoo: We have water standing in the yard and the garden area!! My long awaited tomato plants are due to be delivered today and I'll have to teach them to swim before planting!!  ;)2 I'm sure all the rivers and streams are over their banks!! I hope everyone has a better day than here!! Stay well and STFAH!!!

Edit---- Just measured the rain in my ice cream bucket that's sitting on our picnic table. 4" since this started!!! :o
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #19645 on: May 19, 2020, 08:10 AM »

Good morning everyone,
                         it's 53* and mostly sunny with a high of 62*. A forecast say no rain for the next 4 or 5 days, yea! ::)
                         Wally.........I hope  your lawn dries out so you can get it mowed so you and Mr. WW can get out on the water. :flex:
                         Marv.........Have a good day working on your shed, I bet it will feel good working for yourself for a change. :thumbsup: :flex: That's a nice
                 picture of Arrow, maybe you can put that your avatar. :flex:
                         OS...........Maybe this year you should try hanging tomato planters to keep the high and dry. :woot:
                         Tom.........Good luck at your appointment. :thumbsup:
                         Eddie.......I hope all is well on the home front :thumbsup:
                         Not much on my agenda today, not much I  can do. Tomorrow I go back to see the Dr. I'm sure they will be changing the bandage.
                        I hope everyone has a good Tuesday either at work, home or out doing something. Stay Safe and Healthy

IW

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #19646 on: May 19, 2020, 12:17 PM »
Good day fellow 9:45ers  partly cloudy sky with temperature in the upper sixties. Depending on how the storms in Mid-West track might see rain later this week or for part of the holiday weekend. So I do not forget tomorrow a Happy sixth Anniversary to this thread and all of us we have come a long way for a topic Raquettedacker started as a whim.
Wallyworld you are welcome I hope the gardening info. helps you have a productive yield of vegetables this year. May the wall oven installation go smoothly. Have a good day on the water tomorrow.
Whopper Stopper have you become the unofficial "Office Boy" now that the girls are working from your home. Nice photo of "Arrow".
Hunts2long glad you found the jigs you like for walleye fishing. May you have a good trip on Thursday.
Tomturkey may any flood damage from all the rain be minor I'm sure Michigan's finances like NY.'s are strained right now due to the pandemic any natural disasters only add to things. Good to hear the temporary roof repair is working. Happy for your grandson his wedding can occur as planed. a big thank you to Mrs. turkey and you for remembering our veterans this Memorial day. :clap: :bow:
OldSailor may you not have to replant your garden due to all the rain. along Ice Wanderer's thinking next time you grocery shop see if the Bakery or Deli departments have any empty/spare 5 gallon buckets you could have for free or low price. Cake frosting and certain deli items come in the buckets drill some holes in the bottoms and plant the tomatoes in the buckets.
Ice Wanderer may you have another good visit with the doctor tomorrow. Assume your In-Laws arrived problem free good your weather forecast calls for nice weather the next few days so everyone can spend some time outside on your property.
UfCreel,SpitzoMT may all be good with each of you and your families.
Icefisher-45 may you be seeing some effect from the injection finally and your wife have more energy now that she has used the C-pap for some time.
Capt.Jim hope all is well ,you may want to check the NJ.DEP website believe they have eased the ban on fishing.

A safe ,healthy and good Tuesday to everyone. Good fishing and hunting to all.
 Steve

Offline ActiveTrapChecker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19647 on: May 19, 2020, 01:20 PM »

OldSailor may you not have to replant your garden due to all the rain. along Ice Wanderer's thinking next time you grocery shop see if the Bakery or Deli departments have any empty/spare 5 gallon buckets you could have for free or low price. Cake frosting and certain deli items come in the buckets drill some holes in the bottoms and plant the tomatoes in the buckets.

Read often, post rarely, only when I can add value.

Also consider restaurants/fast food chains. I know Burger King’s pickles come in 5 gallon buckets and they just throw them away when empty. Well use to at least

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #19648 on: May 19, 2020, 02:07 PM »
Thanks guys, but I constructed my raised beds with a couple of inches of stones in the bottom covered with landscape fabric and then my soil. They are draining as planned!! I've planted in containers before and that works, but only for bush tomatoes! Stay well and STFAH!!!!! ;)
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
« Reply #19649 on: May 19, 2020, 05:06 PM »

Read often, post rarely, only when I can add value.

Also consider restaurants/fast food chains. I know Burger King’s pickles come in 5 gallon buckets and they just throw them away when empty. Well use to at least

They work well.....

“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.