Author Topic: danged ole wind  (Read 906 times)

Offline Scott Beitzel

• IceShanty Rookie
danged ole wind
« on: Dec 23, 2010, 06:47 AM »
was all set to go this morning up at 6 waiting for the phone call from a buddie saying he was ready and that wind is howling like a 747 here .
so we decided to lay low for a little bit but i don't think the wind is gonna be any better today . so mite go check things out later but guess am hoping for tomm to be better with no wind  or less than today .

Scott

Offline Mikeguard01

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: danged ole wind
« Reply #1 on: Dec 23, 2010, 07:01 AM »
I think the wind is going to bad until Saturday.

Offline Scott Beitzel

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 23, 2010, 07:07 AM »
gosh i hope not till sat i just got me a pound of shiners . some will did of natural causes instead of a flashy death in the mouths of perch and walleye like i hoped lol.

Scott

Offline Icenutter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Dec 23, 2010, 11:20 AM »
Wind is killer on Deep Creek for sure.  Looks to let up Friday night into Saturday, but once this big storm passes to the East looks to be quite windy Sunday through Tuesday with lake effect snows to kick in again.   :-\
Bring on the ice!!!!!!!  <br />      

Offline Scott Beitzel

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 23, 2010, 11:57 AM »
i just checked on the accu weather and they are saying the wind is gonna drop back tomm. morning to like a 7-9 mph wind .
that be alot better than the 15 mphs that are here right now .
just hope they are right cause now i'm past the ready to go part and just want out of the house and on the ice ........

and if it's just a lil wind i just bought a used travler hut with a sled on the bottom for 25 dollors might have to give it a try . gosh i like deals .

Scott

Offline scavengerj

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Warm hands, warm feet and tight lines!
« Reply #5 on: Dec 23, 2010, 12:05 PM »
I feel your pain. I was planning for a week now to take off today. Once I heard the forecast Tues. and then yesterday morning I decided to save the day for better weather. I alwasy say...in the summer it's not the heat but the humidity and in the winter it's not the cold it is the wind.
DMS #525
AMSA #1102
OBPA
RFA #1053456E

Offline Scott Beitzel

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Dec 24, 2010, 08:28 PM »
got on the ice today it was a beautiful morning little to no wind and got set up but about 11 am it picked up a lil if you got a glove wet it got cold cold cold lol.

am thinking of heading back up sunday . or mon.

Scott

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.