Author Topic: Eskimo Wide 1 Inferno really weigh 70 lbs?!?!?  (Read 2080 times)

Offline piersm2

• Team IceShanty Regular
Eskimo Wide 1 Inferno really weigh 70 lbs?!?!?
« on: Jul 30, 2018, 01:51 PM »
I love the fishing area in this shack and like the seat as my back tends to go bad on me.  For the most part, I will be pulling it with an ATV, but for early ice, weight is a bit of an issue.  The Kenai Pro Thermal is 48 lbs.  I get that it is a smaller one man (barely), but is the wide 1 really that heavy?
Minnesconsin born and raised

Offline Badder

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Eskimo Wide 1 Inferno really weigh 70 lbs?!?!?
« Reply #1 on: Jul 30, 2018, 02:05 PM »
Yes it is, I bought 1 last season and love it. Yeah its a bits heavy but having the extra width in the front and a seat that is very comfortable makes up for the added weight.
SPIN 2 WIN!

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jul 30, 2018, 02:23 PM »
I just assemble my new EVO 1it a couple of weeks ago and I swear the damn steel seat assembly is where at least half of the 52 lbs. total weight is!  I think I'm going to be ripping the entire seat assembly out and using a lawn chair!...  It's called A L U M I N U M Eskimo!

DN
DON'T DILLY DALLY!!!   ;D

Polar Bird 3T, Eskimo EVO 1it
8" K-Drill, 8" Nils Arctic Trekker, Milwaukee Mud Mixer, Milwaukee 2704-22, Clam Plate, Adapters to make everything work with everything. lol
Marcum LX-7s (2) Dakota Lithium powered

Offline piersm2

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jul 30, 2018, 02:25 PM »
I just assemble my new EVO 1it a couple of weeks ago and I swear the damn steel seat assembly is where at least half of the 52 lbs. total weight is!  I think I'm going to be ripping the entire seat assembly out and using a lawn chair!...  It's called A L U M I N U M Eskimo!

DN

How do you like that?  I was looking at them, but don't want to deal with the expanded part blowing in like a hub.
Minnesconsin born and raised

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jul 30, 2018, 02:35 PM »

DN

Been hearing a lot of pepole ripping their aluminum eskimo seats out maybe a duck boat  seat spider and boat seat? Combo??

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jul 30, 2018, 02:41 PM »
I like the room.  I don't like the weight of the seat assembly and I don't like having to anchor AT LEAST three spots in the skirt.  They provide six anchors and six holes in the skirt and on a windy day, you'd want to have them all in the ice.  The anchors are used to maintain the structural integrity/stability of the shack, not to just prevent it from blowing away, but make it really not portable and a pita to setup, especially in the wind.  You have to put the small end of the shack into the wind or it would  just be a cluster bleep anchoring the whole thing.

DN

chilly-willy -  It's not aluminum.  That's the issue.  It's friggin' heavy arse steel and steel tubing.  If it was aluminum, it'd be a hell of a lot lighter than it is right now!
DON'T DILLY DALLY!!!   ;D

Polar Bird 3T, Eskimo EVO 1it
8" K-Drill, 8" Nils Arctic Trekker, Milwaukee Mud Mixer, Milwaukee 2704-22, Clam Plate, Adapters to make everything work with everything. lol
Marcum LX-7s (2) Dakota Lithium powered

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Jul 30, 2018, 05:54 PM »
I like the room.  I don't like the weight of the seat assembly and I don't like having to anchor AT LEAST three spots in the skirt.  They provide six anchors and six holes in the skirt and on a windy day, you'd want to have them all in the ice.  The anchors are used to maintain the structural integrity/stability of the shack, not to just prevent it from blowing away, but make it really not portable and a pita to setup, especially in the wind.  You have to put the small end of the shack into the wind or it would  just be a cluster bleep anchoring the whole thing.

DN

chilly-willy -  It's not aluminum.  That's the issue.  It's friggin' heavy arse steel and steel tubing.  If it was aluminum, it'd be a hell of a lot lighter than it is right now!

Is it a part of the shanty frame that folds the tent over?? if not what about a piece of wood  like a 2 x 10 inch board  bolted to the tub?? The board would fit the with of the tub..  and if your back gets sore how about a cheap sradium seat I know the one in link is not cheap it's just a example  nothing at cabelas is cheap.. no matter what you buy..I heard the seat broke on some one and they ripped it out was a bigger person If I remember correctly?? Thought it was aluminum cause of this??

https://www.cabelas.com/product/STADIUM-SEAT/2351550.uts?slotId=0

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.