The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: Razr augers?  (Read 5470 times)

Offline greenbulldog

• Team IceShanty Regular
Razr augers?
« on: Nov 29, 2017, 07:22 PM »
Does anybody know anything about this brand of auger?  Looks like a new company, or an off shoot of another?  Theres a full line up of electric 24v and 40v with and without reverse, 50v with reverse, gas powered, and manual.  Heres a link to the 40v with reverse, backorder on sportsmans guide.  Others are in stock.

https://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/razr-40v-lithium-electric-ice-auger-with-reverse?a=2167407

I guess I would be hesitant on a new company if blades and other parts suddenly become unavailable. 

Offline Damn Yankee

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
Re: Razr augers?
« Reply #1 on: Nov 29, 2017, 07:30 PM »
At 28 pounds he sounds like the FAT MAN of the electric augers.
He needs to get rid of 6 pounds to be in the running.
Leave Some For Seed

Offline greenbulldog

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Nov 29, 2017, 10:36 PM »
At 28 pounds he sounds like the FAT MAN of the electric augers.
He needs to get rid of 6 pounds to be in the running.

Very true, hard to beat an ion at, I think, 21 lbs.  Says on the Razr site they have been making augers for a number of years as rebrands.  Wonder what those were, it never said.  Headquartered in Minneapolis.

Offline LoneWolf

• Tournaments/Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Fanatic! >))))>
« Reply #3 on: Dec 09, 2017, 09:37 PM »

I don't know much about them either but they list an all aluminum gear box, 40v lithium ion battery, all metal shaft, etc.. I think you have to look at things like that when comparing weight, etc.. I'd rather have aluminum vs plastic. I'd rather have lithium ion vs a lead acid. I'd rather have 40v vs 24v.
I guess what I'm saying is you would have to compare everything.
Those who are brave are free ..

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #4 on: Dec 10, 2017, 06:33 AM »
I see Bass Pro shop is selling them also.
<===Lefty===

Offline LoneWolf

• Tournaments/Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Dec 11, 2017, 03:02 PM »

I did some research and actually called Razr. They have been in business for 15 years. They were making Strike Masters augers and another companies augers. They are their own factory and build everything except the battery cells (which are made by Samsung) and the motor. They have an all aluminum gear drive. The weight is 28 lbs which is only 6 lbs more than my Nils gas auger.
Any way I thought I would be the guinea pig and I ordered a unit.  ;)

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #6 on: Dec 11, 2017, 07:19 PM »
Let us all know how it goes. I still use my Eskimo all the time but it is 10 Years old. I believe it weighs 34 lbs.
<===Lefty===

Offline LoneWolf

• Tournaments/Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Dec 12, 2017, 07:59 PM »

I'll let you know my findings on the auger. My thoughts are more and more lakes (especially state) are following suit as they do with open water and boats .. no gas motors. Don't get me wrong I'm not getting rid of my Nils but having the electric gives me more options. Many times I've gone to no gas motor lakes and they are virtually empty. Because the ice is too thick for a hand auger. My thinking is I can have the lake to myself.  ;)

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #8 on: Dec 13, 2017, 06:31 AM »
I'll let you know my findings on the auger. My thoughts are more and more lakes (especially state) are following suit as they do with open water and boats .. no gas motors. Don't get me wrong I'm not getting rid of my Nils but having the electric gives me more options. Many times I've gone to no gas motor lakes and they are virtually empty. Because the ice is too thick for a hand auger. My thinking is I can have the lake to myself.  ;)

<===Lefty===

Offline LoneWolf

• Tournaments/Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Dec 13, 2017, 08:45 AM »

I should have mentioned the warranty in my previous post. I was told the warranty is 3 years on the unit and one year on the battery.

Offline Junkie4Ice

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Dec 13, 2017, 08:56 AM »
For the price they are an awesome electric unit. I wouldn't put them on the level of the Ion or Strikemaster but the price reflects that. I'm not a huge fan of the thumb trigger to power it and it is slightly bulky, but it works. Cuts fast and they added an on/off switch to it this year. I only used last years model. We were using the 24V and had ~14" of ice, drilled probably 40-50 holes and it didn't slow down at all in 10 degree weather.

This is the guy I fished with and got to try out the auger, he does a couple reviews on it:

Da Pack!

Offline Amy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Jan 04, 2018, 10:43 PM »
I found this post after I ordered the Razr gas model. I will try it out as soon as feel better from the flu. I am wondering if anybody can tell me if I can legally use it on an electric boat motor lake in PA? I never even thought about it before I read this post.

Offline kpd145

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Shove 'em in
« Reply #12 on: Jan 13, 2018, 05:44 PM »
I found this post after I ordered the Razr gas model. I will try it out as soon as feel better from the flu. I am wondering if anybody can tell me if I can legally use it on an electric boat motor lake in PA? I never even thought about it before I read this post.

Should be ok. I have fished at lakes that are electric only in ct and asked deep here and he said it wasnt an issue using a gas auger
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming, "Wow! What a RIDE!"--Hunter S. Thompson

Offline FreaknFishin

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Jan 13, 2018, 05:59 PM »
Ive been looking at these 40v razr auger. From what I've seen they look pretty good. Maybe I can talk one of my buddies into buying one  ;) Anyone hear of any negatives yet?

Offline LoneWolf

• Tournaments/Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Jan 17, 2018, 05:56 PM »

I'll be posting a short review here in a few days.

I am wondering if anybody can tell me if I can legally use it on an electric boat motor lake in PA?

Amy if it's like NJ a paddle or electric outboard only lake is limited to hand augers and electric augers. I would check to verify.

Offline LoneWolf

• Tournaments/Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Jan 20, 2018, 08:21 PM »

I posted the review in a separate thread : RAZR Review

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com