The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: strikemaster  (Read 1713 times)

Offline icefisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
strikemaster
« on: Nov 21, 2017, 03:39 PM »
Anyone use the strikemaster lazer in 10in. with 18v cordless drill? Thinking about  this with clam plate also. How fast does it drill right now i have a kdrill 8in.
And also best place to buy .thanks

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: strikemaster
« Reply #1 on: Nov 21, 2017, 03:53 PM »
Is it a 10 inch Lazer hand auger ? If not the gas auger drill unit will not work .
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline icefisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Nov 21, 2017, 03:55 PM »
Yes 10in. hand auger drill bit .

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3 on: Nov 21, 2017, 04:17 PM »
I wouldn't attempt it with anything other than a Milwaukee 18 volt 1200 in/lbs models

https://www.milwaukeetool.com/power-tools/cordless/2704-20

https://www.milwaukeetool.com/power-tools/cordless/2703-20

on another note a IS member was looking for a 10 in hand auger if your interested in selling
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #5 on: Nov 21, 2017, 10:22 PM »
Anyone use the strikemaster lazer in 10in. with 18v cordless drill? Thinking about  this with clam plate also. How fast does it drill right now i have a kdrill 8in.
And also best place to buy .thanks

A 10in lazer bit would be from a powered auger and I would think you'd burn up a drill.......a 10in hand auger would be different.

Offline ryno

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ditch the bobbers and get a 'tight line'
« Reply #6 on: Dec 19, 2017, 01:43 AM »
Just bumping this back up....I'm curious if anybody has tried a strike master Lazer pro 10" (gas auger) on the clam plate with gear box?  I know a 40v power head has no issue punching holes with this auger.
]

Offline Monticatgeek

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Dec 20, 2017, 01:20 AM »
Just bumping this back up....I'm curious if anybody has tried a strike master Lazer pro 10" (gas auger) on the clam plate with gear box?  I know a 40v power head has no issue punching holes with this auger.

I haven't heard of it being tried yet but if you wanted to try you would need to get the new Kdrill/power auger adapter that Clam sells. Honestly I think you would end up blowing out the gears in the gear box( even the new one with the cut metal gears) before you would burn the drill up. I know they did test a 9 inch lazer off a power auger and only was able to drill through a about 480 inch of ice on one charge of the battery(5AH I Believe). so it might be able to be done but I would say it is not recommended.
Fishing is not a hobby it is a way of life

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.