The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: Jiffy pro4 gen2 to gen3  (Read 1380 times)

Offline Sandcountrylivin

• Team IceShanty Regular
Jiffy pro4 gen2 to gen3
« on: Nov 16, 2017, 07:47 AM »
So I understand the fuel to kdrill or any variation there of is the cats pajamas. Please don't chime in and tell me to buy one, if I could budget it right now I would. My question is can anyone find any information on the process itself to modify a second generation jiffy with the long black fuel hose that wraps around to connect to cylinder, to the gen 3 that has a short stubby fuel line to the regulator that connects to the 1lb cylinder? I replaced the fuel line once already to the more supple replacement hose but it has now failed. The replacement parts have skyrocketed and I'm looking st $40-60 for a part I can't rely on. If anyone has a link to a video or some first hand knowledge I would really appreciate it!

Offline tbern

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Jiffy pro4 gen2 to gen3
« Reply #1 on: Nov 16, 2017, 08:13 AM »
Sorry if this is no help, but saw a jiffy aluminum hose assembly for a gen 1 on ebay. Anyway to make this work on yours? Or possibly if the fittings could be found you could make up a "solid" hose either aluminum or copper tubing. These would eliminate the rubber hose which is going bad.

Offline Sandcountrylivin

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Jiffy pro4 gen2 to gen3
« Reply #2 on: Nov 16, 2017, 08:46 AM »
Thanks for your reply tbern, with some slight modification to the cylinder holder to allow for sliding the tank in past the screw cap a solid pipe could work unless some one else knows why it wouldn't. Thanks for the idea. I have heard of authorized jiffy mechanics making the mod to the gen 3 style fuel system. It would require some changes though because it would at the very least flip the propane cylinder 180*. I'm not sure if it is as simple as flipping the bottle in the holder and the fuel system needing an adapter for the hose to connect where the regulator connected to the motor in the gen 2?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.