Author Topic: Best Ice Deals!! Lets hear em!  (Read 1694140 times)

Offline mboss13

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Best Ice Deals!! Lets hear em!
« Reply #1980 on: Dec 15, 2017, 08:28 AM »
Amazon has one of these with free shipping for prime for $499, same price at Walmart but $79 shipping charge there. I bought one as a back up for when I am in a hurry and the ice isn't exactly truck worthy and don't feel like hooking the atv trailer, but rather a quick after work fishing trip. From what I've seen it should do fine pulling a smitty sled.

https://www.amazon.com/Coleman-Powersports-196cc-CT200U-Powered/dp/B0170U3U5O/ref=sr_1_1?s=industrial&ie=UTF8&qid=1513347901&sr=8-1&keywords=coleman+mini+bike

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #1981 on: Dec 15, 2017, 08:32 AM »
Amazon has one of these with free shipping for prime for $499, same price at Walmart but $79 shipping charge there. I bought one as a back up for when I am in a hurry and the ice isn't exactly truck worthy and don't feel like hooking the atv trailer, but rather a quick after work fishing trip. From what I've seen it should do fine pulling a smitty sled.

https://www.amazon.com/Coleman-Powersports-196cc-CT200U-Powered/dp/B0170U3U5O/ref=sr_1_1?s=industrial&ie=UTF8&qid=1513347901&sr=8-1&keywords=coleman+mini+bike
basically what I'm going to use too.mine is a baja warrior.i put kold cutter ice racing screw in the tires for traction.doesnt take up much room and I can easily load/unload it.

Offline Stickhick86

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1982 on: Dec 15, 2017, 08:35 AM »
Sadly not legal where I fish
Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to ice fish, have his wife mad for ever.

Offline mboss13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1983 on: Dec 15, 2017, 08:40 AM »
Sadly not legal where I fish

That sucks, I am not quite sure if there is anything I am supposed to do for it in MN, I certainly don't plan on buying any sticker or anything for it, if guys can ride lawn mowers where I fish with no license I will not be in a hurry to the DMV with this thing.

Offline Stickhick86

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1984 on: Dec 15, 2017, 08:43 AM »
Yeah, it would be nice but no motorized vehicles at all. I have a wheeler and a go kart that would work perfectly.
Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to ice fish, have his wife mad for ever.

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #1985 on: Dec 15, 2017, 08:46 AM »
I don't know if I even need a  orv sticker here in mi.snowmobiles, dont if its used on ice only I believe.we will see because I will be dragging my gear out with a ice studded minibike.lol

Offline Gills-only

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When hell freezes over, I'll ice fish there too!!
« Reply #1986 on: Dec 15, 2017, 08:58 AM »
I think snowmobiles are registered, and I think u prolly need a orv sticker and helmet

Offline JiggingIowa

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1987 on: Dec 15, 2017, 09:14 AM »
unbelievable deal on fl-12 pro pack: $299 at scheels online right now. Lowest price I've ever seen on that

Offline ronco

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1988 on: Dec 15, 2017, 09:21 AM »
unbelievable deal on fl-12 pro pack: $299 at scheels online right now. Lowest price I've ever seen on that

https://www.scheels.com/c/activities/fishing%7Chunting%7Cshooting/sale?sz=60&start=0
The secret to fishing.....fish where the fish are.

Offline JTrottaNY

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • NYS Licensed Guide
« Reply #1989 on: Dec 15, 2017, 09:26 AM »
Mboss those inferno boa boots are great! I have an extra pair of 10s im trying to unload  because I bought them in the Bargain Cave and they can't be returned. Unfortunately I ended up needing 11s but love them now that I have the right size!
NYS Licensed Guide

Offline walpy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1990 on: Dec 15, 2017, 09:39 AM »
MBoss - Looks like they corrected the price to $149.99

So I'd say take them up on the $99 offer! I was going to jump on them if they had 13's but no luck. I'm going to go and try on the Trans-Alaska's this weekend.

Offline JiggingIowa

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1991 on: Dec 15, 2017, 09:41 AM »

So I'd say take them up on the $99 offer! I was going to jump on them if they had 13's but no luck. I'm going to go and try on the Trans-Alaska's this weekend.

The trans alaskas are awesome, they do run a full size smaller than your normal boot size though

Offline mboss13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1992 on: Dec 15, 2017, 09:51 AM »

I ended up chatting with them, they overnighted a pair to me at $92 + no tax in MN, so not as great deal as $49 but a good price on those I think, and a lifetime warranty on the mechanics of it...still a little weak on their part that they won't even let you know when they cancel an order on you....

Offline Vandal78

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1993 on: Dec 15, 2017, 11:46 AM »
North 40 has HT Polar tip-ups for sale for $7.95. https://north40.com/outdoor/fishing/ice-fishing/ht-polar-tip-up-black-200

Offline Danger16

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1994 on: Dec 15, 2017, 12:15 PM »
Got them ordered, only to find the order cancelled. No email, what a poor service. I gave them a call and they claimed they simply take on orders and fulfill them as much as they can, when they run out of inventory they cancel the rest. I asked how come they don't use a fluid site system, no answer on that. What a joke.

I had the exact same thing happen and it seems we're not alone.  I wasn't offered the pair for 99$ though.  They seem like great boots I was really looking forward to getting them.  Cabelas needs to do a much better job of not taking orders they can't fulfill.  I spoke with one guy on the phone and live chatted with a few others and they were all nice so that's a plus!
Live long and prosper (on ice)

Offline WolfPack1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1995 on: Dec 15, 2017, 01:03 PM »
I had the exact same thing happen and it seems we're not alone.  I wasn't offered the pair for 99$ though.  They seem like great boots I was really looking forward to getting them.  Cabelas needs to do a much better job of not taking orders they can't fulfill.  I spoke with one guy on the phone and live chatted with a few others and they were all nice so that's a plus!

Same thing here. Bought two different pairs because my dad said he wanted them. Both got canceled. Looked back on their site and the one pair is back but $160 now! I guess they didn’t wanna sell em that cheap.

Offline mboss13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1996 on: Dec 15, 2017, 01:28 PM »

If you ask for a equivalent boot they should be able to get you the boa system ones this year's model for $92.76. I wasn't pressing on it or anything, they offered themselves. And threw in air shipping.

Offline WolfPack1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1997 on: Dec 15, 2017, 01:32 PM »
I might have to give that a try with the Saskatchewan’s. Could see if they knock off the air ship and get them for the original $50. I guess we will see!

Offline mboss13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1998 on: Dec 15, 2017, 01:40 PM »
I might have to give that a try with the Saskatchewan’s. Could see if they knock off the air ship and get them for the original $50. I guess we will see!

I doubt you will get the Saskatchewan's down to $50, but you can certainly ask. Don't forget the other ones are now on sale for $149 and they adjusted to $92. If you can get them to go to $90s on the Saskatchewan's I will be surprised, anything lower would be amazing.

Offline slamminsam

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1999 on: Dec 15, 2017, 01:52 PM »
Got them ordered, only to find the order cancelled. No email, what a poor service. I gave them a call and they claimed they simply take on orders and fulfill them as much as they can, when they run out of inventory they cancel the rest. I asked how come they don't use a fluid site system, no answer on that. What a joke. They offered me these at $99 instead, what do you think? Still worth it? I have a pair of winter boots from about 6 years ago that are starting to show some wear as I wear them bowhunting on cold days too....
http://www.cabelas.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=2498567&type=product&WT.z_btnclk=YMAL-2498567&WT.z_pg_ref=prd1853275

I also got a pair of keen hiking shoes and they moved the shipping on those to April, so I am expecting that to cancel itself out too sometime in the next 3 months. I am surprised as I have never had this happen at Cabela's. I guess new ownership, or I have just always gotten lucky.
Yes, Cabelas has cancelled orders on me before as well with the same "no real" explanation except lack of communication between order taker and warehouse.  I understand that may happen....poor computer software...but no phone call or quick email is unacceptable for such a large company.  I've lost "deals" that I could have gotten from other places because I thought I was getting it from Cabelas and held off ordering from the other place.
Take the pledge, be safe, enjoy every second of life and lets go JETS!

Offline mboss13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2000 on: Dec 15, 2017, 01:56 PM »
Yes, Cabelas has cancelled orders on me before as well with the same "no real" explanation except lack of communication between order taker and warehouse.  I understand that may happen....poor computer software...but no phone call or quick email is unacceptable for such a large company.  I've lost "deals" that I could have gotten from other places because I thought I was getting it from Cabelas and held off ordering from the other place.

That's what I told them. There was a deal on $100 gift cards yesterday for $80 on ebay and I skipped over it because I didn't want to lock my money in a gamble of getting the products. It is a 3 hour drive to their nearest store and I rarely get there. I see deals online all the time, but the experience is generally the same for folks apparently. Now if you plan on making a full price purchase I bet there are no problems like this, but then there is no need to use them as you can usually get the item for less elsewhere. Nice stores though.

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2001 on: Dec 15, 2017, 02:11 PM »
Those Big Box Stores do that all the time. They will run an ad for sales and once you get into the store they tell you that they only had so many and ran out. But will offer you similar for a lot more. Right after the sale is over they have those items and they are a lot more now.
<===Lefty===

Offline msha0129

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2002 on: Dec 15, 2017, 05:59 PM »
What’s better, marcum or vexlar?

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2003 on: Dec 15, 2017, 06:00 PM »
I would definitely go with a Chevy

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2004 on: Dec 15, 2017, 07:09 PM »
Hay this thread hit 2000 post congrats to all that helped..

On a side note sheels has the Otter xth cabin and lodge on sale $100 off last I looked.. $199 for cabin and 249.99 for the lodge..

tell you the truth I like my eskimo quick fish 3I better them the Otter cabin seems to have more room and two doors fabric is better and windows seem thin and soft etc...on the Otter compared to frabill bunker 450/250 and eskimo 3i   for the price it's not bad could be worst for otter shanties..

Offline NEWLEE

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Marcum then catch 'em
« Reply #2005 on: Dec 16, 2017, 07:49 AM »
Dick's has 25% entire purchase again use code GIFTS17

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2006 on: Dec 16, 2017, 07:56 AM »
10% off fish usa code gift10 at check out..

Offline Unclegillhunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice So Nice
« Reply #2007 on: Dec 16, 2017, 09:46 AM »
Are you insane? A good part of the ice fishing community doesn’t have ice and you ask a question like that??
Good luck to all you deal shoppers! Now if I could just find a 40% off on 4” of new ice!
Keep it safe! JDL

Offline Stickhick86

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2008 on: Dec 16, 2017, 09:56 AM »
Are you insane? A good part of the ice fishing community doesn’t have ice and you ask a question like that??
Good luck to all you deal shoppers! Now if I could just find a 40% off on 4” of new ice!
Keep it safe! JDL

I'm with you Unclegillhunter

Offline todalake

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2009 on: Dec 16, 2017, 11:05 AM »
Menards,    Buddy Heater 4-9000 btu   $68
Clam Base Camp Thermal
Clam Legend Thermal
Nils 6" Lazer 5" & 7"
Ridgid 1300#
Clam Plate/extension

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor