Author Topic: Who's going where this weekend.... How'd you do??  (Read 20684 times)

Offline bzboy

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Who's going where this weekend.... How'd you do??
« Reply #90 on: Feb 17, 2007, 10:45 AM »
Oh yeah sweet baby my auger started up this morning!!!!!!!!! I am sooooo frickin stoked!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Prairiegoat

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • 13# Pike
« Reply #91 on: Feb 17, 2007, 07:59 PM »
WIND was something else this morning on Skaguay!!!  :%$#!: But let up towards noon and turned out pretty nice. Two Dads and three kids caught and released over 50 rainbow. Biggest iced was 15" but had two others on that slipped off under the hole that would easily topped that. Grncreek, those green lazers tipped with waxies nailed them along with orange jigs and pink powerbait. Have another friend whose daughter is my son's classmate and we're going back tommorrow. Just a fun place to take kids!  :roflmao:

Offline Prairiegoat

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • 13# Pike
« Reply #92 on: Feb 17, 2007, 08:02 PM »
Oh yeah sweet baby my auger started up this morning!!!!!!!!! I am sooooo frickin stoked!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I'm so happy for you, bzboy. That was great news. Did you try it out on the ice today? If so, where did you go and how'd you do? Looks like the Mile is out for me tommorrow. Gonna hit Skaquay again with the kids!

Offline grncreek

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #93 on: Feb 17, 2007, 08:41 PM »
Grncreek, those green lazers tipped with waxies nailed them along with orange jigs and pink powerbait

Wow, sounds like you found some hungry fish.  I bet those kids had a blast.

The Early Bird May Get The Worm, But The Second Mouse Gets The Cheese.

Offline SUCKERMEAT

• IceShanty Rookie
  • ANYWHERE!!!! ANYTIME!!!!
« Reply #94 on: Feb 18, 2007, 12:32 AM »
bzboy,
Thanks for the info if I make it I will report. I'm thinking them big bows should be moving up in the river to spawn.

Offline bzboy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #95 on: Feb 18, 2007, 09:22 AM »
Prairiegoat- no i didnt get a chance to get out on saturday but if my friend's back keeps hurting we'll go icefishing instead of skiing on monday.

Offline Medson25

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #96 on: Feb 19, 2007, 08:40 AM »
Hit the mile out of lazy boy on sunday. the weather was great. the wind did pick up but the air temp was so warm the wind didn't really matter. oh and the fishing was slow. we had three bites all day. landed one 16.5 inch rainbow. still had a great time just playing around.

Offline Prairiegoat

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • 13# Pike
« Reply #97 on: Feb 19, 2007, 08:19 PM »
Went back to Skaguay Sunday. Two Dads and two kids. Did OK, caught around fifteen trout, 12" - 13", between us and one 10" pike. Beautiful day with very light breeze. Broke tip off an ice rod. First time I ever had a fish do that.  :flex:  Friend used my spud to reopen holes and promptly sent it to the bottom!  :o   Went to SW today and picked up an 8" Eskimo hand auger to finish the season. Returned the defective pair of Sorrels, made in China, I got in December at SA and went to SW and replaced them with some Rocky pac boots, still made in China, they had on sale. One of the IC members gave them good marks so hopefully better than the Sorrels.

Offline bzboy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #98 on: Feb 22, 2007, 08:24 PM »
If the weather is okay my friends and I are headed to 11mile reservoir this Sunday Feb 25. I got a Jiffy gas auger (that starts now  :P) and some new lazer jigs I want to try out.

Offline Prairiegoat

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • 13# Pike
« Reply #99 on: Feb 23, 2007, 06:37 PM »
Planning on hitting 11 Mile tomorrow unless the snow and wind they're predicting gets too much for travel. If the wind in the morning is up to the 70 mph gusts like the weatherman just mentioned..... probably not!  :%$#!: Hate to waste any of the days left this season sitting at home.

Offline bzboy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #100 on: Feb 23, 2007, 09:22 PM »
Good luck prairiegoat. Let me know how you do and what the conditions are - ice thickness. etc.

Offline grncreek

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #101 on: Feb 23, 2007, 11:13 PM »
Yeah good luck man, I hope the winds stay manageable.  Right now it looks decent, 8.6mph average.  This site http://www.southparkwx.com/ is usually reliable for weather there.

Hey bzboy,  Sorry I never replied to your email, I rarely check that email address very often.  I'm glad to see you got it running.  I don't have a shop or anything I've just been tinkering with small engines since I was a kid, not really much to em.

Offline bzboy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #102 on: Feb 24, 2007, 12:49 PM »
grncreek thank you very much for the offer though. who knows i might need your help in the future - though i hope not  ;D

well i feel very stupid. i thought my mom was leaving for the airport today but it turns it that it isnt until sunday. we drove all the way to the airport packed up ready to go only to have the check in agent kindly remind us that she's leaving tomorrow. the good thing is that she wasnt going to be on a plane in the strong wind. the bad thing is that i probably cant go ice fishing on sunday now  :(

Offline Prairiegoat

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • 13# Pike
« Reply #103 on: Feb 24, 2007, 09:27 PM »
Wow!  What a day.  Very very cold and really really windy but we got into some pike. 

We landed the following;

Clint;
19.5 inch pike
21 inch pike
22 inch pike
little cutthroat (of course) 
Clint played keep away with those little guys again today. 
Clint lost a 30+ inch pike and numerous others in the 20-24 inch range

Prairiegoat;
18 inch pike
21 inch pike
25 inch pike
16.5 inch rainbow (marmosska jig)

numerous cutthroats
1 muskrat (hehehe) Scared the sh1t outta me when he came up through the hole!

I too lost numerous pike as well.  Saw one bigger than the one Clint almost caught.   He never got to see it. 

All on sucker meat and little jigs. No salmon around since there were too many pike.

Here's the pics from 11 Mile on 022407.

Clint

Prairiegoat

16"+ Rainbow

25" Pike

Offline bzboy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #104 on: Feb 25, 2007, 12:20 PM »
Prairiegoat - nice job !  :o I didnt get a chance to go sunday because of my airport mistake but i hope to go this weekend. weather should be nice. hope there is enough ice left

Offline Prairiegoat

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • 13# Pike
« Reply #105 on: Feb 25, 2007, 01:59 PM »
Prairiegoat - nice job !  :o I didnt get a chance to go sunday because of my airport mistake but i hope to go this weekend. weather should be nice. hope there is enough ice left

Still 20+" of ice, Bzboy. Should be no problem until April at this rate.

Offline bzboy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #106 on: Feb 27, 2007, 01:49 PM »
We are definitely headed to 11mile reservoir this Sunday around 7am. I will be in the Blue Gander Mountain Clam hut with the Blue Acura MDX. Gonna fire up the Jiffy Stealth!! Oh yeah baby.

Although I have to admit that my mind has been thinking about opening day at North Catamount Lake, trolling in my Fishcat 9 pontoon with electric trolling motor and Fishing buddy, going after those big lake trout.... ahhh...... fishing is great !  ;D

Offline Prairiegoat

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • 13# Pike
« Reply #107 on: Mar 02, 2007, 06:42 PM »
Any one else fishing the tourney at 11 Mile on Saturday? Looks like it'll be windy as usual! Hopefully not too cold.

Offline bzboy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #108 on: Mar 02, 2007, 07:30 PM »
i didnt know there was gonna be a tournament on saturday at 11 mile. hope they leave some fish for me for sunday

Offline grncreek

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #109 on: Mar 02, 2007, 07:54 PM »
Good luck man,  I hope you and Clint do well.  I think you'll have fun.  I've done a few of their open water ones and have always had a good time but never the march madness, if I didn't have to work I'd be there.

Offline Prairiegoat

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • 13# Pike
« Reply #110 on: Mar 04, 2007, 12:05 PM »
Gorgeous day at 11 Mile for the tournament. Temp pretty good and 'light' wind. Nothing worked today. Total skunk and I mean no fish, no bites, didn't even see one down the hole and Clint and I fished from 7:00 am till 5:00 pm.   The water was very cloudy today. Its been crystal clear but today you could only see down maybe 8 feet and that wasn't very clear. For redemption, I mistakenly thought, we went over to one of my favorite spots and same thing, nada. Clint did have a huge northern, around the 20# size, take his bait but spit it out before he could set the hook. He saw a couple other big northerns but no bites.

Offline bzboy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #111 on: Mar 05, 2007, 09:37 AM »
My friend and I got skunked too on sunday. Very very cold in the morning. it was -4 when we got there around 630am. saw couple fish swim by but not one bite. didnt see anyone catch anything either. but the weather was nice. we were at howberts in 14 ft of water

Offline Prairiegoat

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • 13# Pike
« Reply #112 on: Mar 08, 2007, 09:33 PM »
Running out of time! We need some cold weather, but forecast is 60's and 70's into next week.

Heading to 11 Mile on Saturday. Gotta try for those big pike as many times as the ice will allow.

Offline littleoldlady

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #113 on: Mar 09, 2007, 09:01 PM »
Prairie Goat, as a Coloradoan who somehow got transplanted to Alberta in the 70's, I have enjoyed visiting this thread to see where you
all are ice fishing..and I have enjoyed the few chats I have had with you.  I will be heading down to Colorado in a couple of weeks to visit
my mum in Grand Junction...if there is still ice up on the Grand Mesa, I might drop a line in.  I know that your season is almost over, and I wish
you all the best on the soft water!! 
Winter is the time of year toward which all that has gone before
seems but a preparation....winter, a quiet acceptance of what is
to come....Sigurd F. Olsen

Offline Prairiegoat

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • 13# Pike
« Reply #114 on: Mar 10, 2007, 09:50 PM »
My son caught his first northern today at 11 Mile. He hooked it, faught it, and iced it with a little help from Dad grabbing it out of the hole.

We caught quite a few northern and one rainbow today at 11 Mile.

Got into quite a snowstorm just before we left. Really came down while we pulled our equipment back to shore.

Our northerns. Mine 5 lbs. 7 oz - 28"; Jonathan's 3 lbs. 2 oz. - 23"

Great day with friends and family. Hate to see ice season coming to a close.

Offline bzboy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #115 on: Mar 16, 2007, 12:10 PM »
Well I've put away the ice fishing stuff and took out the golf clubs. I had a great season with some memorable catches. It was very nice meeting you guys, esp prairiegoat and grncreek. Wish i could have met you guys in person but I'm sure i'll see you guys back here next winter. take care.

bzboy

Offline Prairiegoat

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • 13# Pike
« Reply #116 on: Mar 16, 2007, 04:43 PM »
Well I've put away the ice fishing stuff and took out the golf clubs. I had a great season with some memorable catches. It was very nice meeting you guys, esp prairiegoat and grncreek. Wish i could have met you guys in person but I'm sure i'll see you guys back here next winter. take care.

bzboy

I hear that. I haven't fished soft water in over fifteen years. Takes away from golf!! Maybe we need to play a round sometime. But watch out, on a good day I can break 100!!!!!!!!!

Offline mountainscout

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #117 on: Mar 19, 2007, 08:49 PM »
Open water on Dowdy Lake....sad time for Ice Fishing in Colorado. Ice still remains in the high country, but the river has opened and the fish are taking flies....it's been a great year. See you guys next December!

Offline Prairiegoat

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • 13# Pike
« Reply #118 on: Mar 26, 2007, 11:23 PM »
Hit the Mile one last time today. Had to lug my gear overland just to find a safe place to get on the ice. Fished for six hours without a nibble. Weather went from great to terrible. I went from shirt sleeves to everything I had along. Didn't see one other crazy on the lake. Guess its time to sign off until next season. Its been great posting to and reading the threads. All in all, it was a great ice fishing season. Can't wait to do it all over again!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.