Author Topic: Bug Box?  (Read 3329 times)

Offline richstick

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I drill holes - lots of holes
Bug Box?
« on: Nov 05, 2003, 09:37 AM »
Anyone ever heard of this item or know where I can get one?  It's basically a little plastic box, dark grey, with two sliding doors on top.  It's called a Bug Box.  I have one I bought off of Ebay - it's cool as heck, works better than a snuff tin for holding your maggots or waxies.  I want one or two more, and have friends that want them too - but can't find them anywhere, internet, nothing!  Or, does anybody have any cool bug storage techniques?

Offline kerosenecounty17

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • kc17 - NE WI
Re:Bug Box?
« Reply #1 on: Nov 05, 2003, 10:52 AM »
I've never heard of it.  What I've found really works well are the plastic tubes that mini M&M's come in.  They've got a nice little flip top on them so you can open them with one hand and they stay closed so you don't end up digging waxies and sawdust out of your pockets.  Plus, you've got to empty the M&M's before you can use them.  Mmmmm M&M's.

kerosene
"An ounce of biology is worth a pound of tackle."

-Gord Pyzer

Offline eyedoktr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • keep your pole in the hole
« Reply #2 on: Nov 05, 2003, 11:43 AM »
Never heard of them either but all i use are either 35mm film canisters or large mouth pill bottles with a screw on top. I've never had either one open by mistake.
Pete Lewis

Offline richstick

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Nov 05, 2003, 11:54 AM »
hmmm - like the m&m's idea!!!  Have to give that one a shot!!  

Offline FishDeepCreek

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Got 45?
« Reply #4 on: Nov 05, 2003, 03:20 PM »
I use those styrofoam worm boxes, and keep them,(the bait) in the original containers they come in. I just keep my selections of bait in the foam worm box in my shanty. The foam insulates well, and they keep a long time, down in my cool basement.

Offline Mr.Seaguar

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Nov 05, 2003, 07:41 PM »
No, no, no fellas you got to use chew baccy cans. Scare pants off folks at times. Also, an Altoids box is easy to open with frozen fingers.
Every plastics manufacturer claims plastics outfish livebait. So now I use livebait just for the increased challenge.

Offline crappieloo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • nnnnn......Ice
« Reply #6 on: Nov 05, 2003, 08:25 PM »
I'M with you Seaguar, i use the Altoids box special collecter one with the pretty girl on it. I think she might keep my spikes a little bit warmer ;)

Offline richstick

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Nov 06, 2003, 07:23 AM »
nah, if they get cold, you just put a pinch between your cheek and gum!

mngonefishing

« Reply #8 on: Nov 06, 2003, 10:02 PM »
 i  leave them in there own container ,then i put them in a worm box that has packing peanuts on the bottem. if i am jumping around in my portable i will place a hand warmer in with them. the kind that cost 50 cents (ie small) they stay nice and warm all day.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.