The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: F.O.E.A.O. Eskimo Auger owners Unite !  (Read 363396 times)

Offline Mr.J5625

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: F.O.E.A.O. Eskimo Auger owners Unite !
« Reply #30 on: Dec 02, 2010, 05:40 PM »
it was delivered today  ;D. pictures were taken with phone so quality is not the best. now i just need ice.

Offline AltaIce

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • S.W. Calgary , Alberta
« Reply #31 on: Dec 02, 2010, 05:52 PM »
Congrats on the new Auger and welcome to the Brotherhood of Eskimo Auger Owners Adam ! Have you got any chest waders Adam, Its gettin Mighty deep in here !  ;D  :roflmao:
Hey Surf..... so that is what I smelt that night eh?....LOL... I just thought it was mixed Gas....

Hey Rebelss... What did you name your Ice Auger??  Just wondering. ( And what has Surf named his Ice Auger??.. LOL)

Hi Mr.J5625 .. Nice Auger. Congrats.. Your one step ahead of me, I have not put my blade on mine yet.

8)
  " I Don't Fail …  I Succeed In Finding What Does Not Work "

surflizard

« Reply #32 on: Dec 02, 2010, 06:22 PM »
Hey Alta, 2 stroke mix has its own Wonderful, unique Fragrance ! What ever you do, don't step in the other stuff or the boss may not let you back in the house !  :roflmao:

I named mine BB = BIG BERTHA !!     I can't post the Swahili translation for BB here ! :roflmao:

Congrats Mr J5625 on joining the F.O.E.A.O. I like the looks of the Steel handles on it, Very few of the new auger have Steel handles anymore ! Have ya fired her up yet ??  ;D

Offline Krazykaiser

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Dec 02, 2010, 08:05 PM »
Proud Mako Owner Reporting in !!!!  Bought it last season 2009 model.  After being winterized and sitting over seven months it started with only three pulls!  8) Gotta love Amsoil and Seafoam !!!

Offline Mr.J5625

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #34 on: Dec 02, 2010, 08:15 PM »
Congrats Mr J5625 on joining the F.O.E.A.O. I like the looks of the Steel handles on it, Very few of the new auger have Steel handles anymore ! Have ya fired her up yet ??  ;D

nope not yet. i might this weekend though  ;D

surflizard

« Reply #35 on: Dec 03, 2010, 04:46 AM »
" Gotta love Amsoil and Seafoam !!! "  ABSOLUTELY !    :thumbsup:

Congrats on the Mako KK, Welcome to the Brotherhood !

Offline AltaIce

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • S.W. Calgary , Alberta
« Reply #36 on: Dec 03, 2010, 05:03 AM »
Hey all,

Surf, another dumb question here.  I figure you are all talking about Amsoil 2 stroke oil. ( I'll have to look for that)

But... but.... what is Seafoam??

8)

surflizard

« Reply #37 on: Dec 03, 2010, 05:20 AM »
Good mornin Alta, Seafoam is a fuel stabilizer that has no alcohol [ it attracts water, not good ! ] in it. It also doesn't have any red or green dye in it that can turn into really gooey snot when it combines with water in the fuel system ! Gas w/ ethanol in it really sucks for small motors, because of the alcohol in it !  :%$#!: I use Seafoam in everything I own, Cars, trucks, wheeler, ski doo and all of my small engines ! It's cheap insurance for me, Especially now that they are talking about adding even more Ethecrap to the fuel, Up to 15% !  :o :%$#!: Sorry for the rant Buddy, but that kind of headuptherectum thinking cost everyone more money for engine maintenance ! There is a lot of info on the amsoil site ! Good luck and have a great day !
                                                                                                                Surf

Offline kchamp

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #38 on: Dec 03, 2010, 10:51 AM »
what size does everybody have for an eskimo auger I am looking at getting a new one I want 8inch and   http://www.glensoutdoors.com/Gas-Power-Ice-Augers-s/8565.htm I was looking at get the 43cc or the 51 not sure the big difference besides the motor

Offline Krazykaiser

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #39 on: Dec 03, 2010, 11:33 AM »
 Since I am a Member of the  F.O.E.A.O  I need some help here :P..............I own a 2009 model Eskimo Mako.  I was wondering if there is a hidden Grease Zerk/fitting for the gear case /Transmission that I am not seeing. I see that the bottom end is Held together with some Hex screws to get at the lower case. I'd thought I would ask you guys before I start removing stuff.  I has some Grease seep out when it sat on it side last year and would like to check the levels or add grease. Thanks a Bunch

surflizard

« Reply #40 on: Dec 03, 2010, 03:27 PM »
Hey KK, If you go to the Eskimo web site, you can download the Parts schematic for free. I think those are a sealed unit, but its worth a look ! They also have a FAQ page to answer any questions you may have. I've talked with the service techs there and they are on the ball !

Hey kchamp, I'm running an old 10" model 8600 Shark. Try the Eskimo site there are better spec lists on those augers and customer reviews also. Myself personally, I like Steel handles on my augers, I saw a SM fall over last winter and the handle shattered, it was toast !

Offline kchamp

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #41 on: Dec 04, 2010, 07:35 AM »
I am getting the 51cc shark, couldn`t find any reviews on them Bass pro has it on sale with an auger bag for 329.

Offline AltaIce

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • S.W. Calgary , Alberta
« Reply #42 on: Dec 04, 2010, 07:41 AM »
I am getting the 51cc shark, couldn`t find any reviews on them Bass pro has it on sale with an auger bag for 329.

Congrats "kchamp"   
Is this your first gas powered Ice Aguer?

8)

Offline kchamp

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #43 on: Dec 04, 2010, 08:16 AM »
no i got 3 others this will be number 4, going to sell the rest, also have a nills hand auger. I have way to much crap

Offline kchamp

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #44 on: Dec 04, 2010, 08:44 AM »
the new auger what oil should i use, i want to get the best so she last the longest. they make amsoil or should i use    OIL VIPER 2-CYCLE 50:1 SINGLE PACK 300400
Viper semi-synthetic, smokeless, 2-cycle engine oil with fuel stabilizer is specifically blended for Viper engines. It's safer for the environment and the equipment operator because it helps eliminates exhaust smoke. Viper oil maintains a clean fuel system and removes the need for draining fuel at the end of the season.
$1.99

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
« Reply #45 on: Dec 04, 2010, 11:22 AM »
krazykaiser: You're not missing a thing...that's a sealed gearcase. Have to crack it open and add new gearcase oil, plus new gasket. Ardisam recommends every year.. I go about 2-3 years, depending on your usage. They will "seep" just a bit over the off season...mine does.
“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #46 on: Dec 04, 2010, 11:24 AM »

Hey Rebelss... What did you name your Ice Auger??  Just wondering. ( And what has Surf named his Ice Auger??.. LOL)

After an old girlfriend...The "Red Hot.. :whistle: (Can't print the rest) Let's just say "Ripper"... :roflmao: :roflmao:

And don't let Surfy kid you...he named his "Little Surfette"...!  :clap: :woot:

surflizard

« Reply #47 on: Dec 04, 2010, 02:47 PM »
Come on Reb, I could of sworn you said, Luke Warm LULABELL !!  :roflmao:  Like the women say buddy, Size does matter ! Thats why I'm running the big 10 Inch !  >:D :roflmao:

Offline Krazykaiser

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #48 on: Dec 04, 2010, 02:50 PM »
krazykaiser: You're not missing a thing...that's a sealed gearcase. Have to crack it open and add new gearcase oil, plus new gasket. Ardisam recommends every year.. I go about 2-3 years, depending on your usage. They will "seep" just a bit over the off season...mine does.

Thank you very Much ;D  

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #49 on: Dec 04, 2010, 03:08 PM »
Come on Reb, I could of sworn you said, Luke Warm LULABELL !!  :roflmao:  Like the women say buddy, Size does matter ! Thats why I'm running the big 10 Inch !  >:D :roflmao:

Can I get those Hip Waders back now? :whistle: ;D

Offline Krazykaiser

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #50 on: Dec 04, 2010, 08:58 PM »
Somebody with Photoshop skills here needs to make us a F.O.E.A.O Siggy we can display :woot:

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #51 on: Dec 04, 2010, 09:48 PM »
Surfy.....poke LLT and get her to make us up one!!!!! Jeez, do I have to lead you by the nose every minute?!  I know you're just waitin to holler FLAAAAAAAAAAAGGGG!!!!!  :roflmao: :roflmao:  Get off that new sled and get back to the computer!!!!!! ;D I've got 8" of snow to shovel here!!!!  And I'm busted up and creaky...and didn't get my Bikini team Girl!!!!:%$#!: :%$#!:

surflizard

« Reply #52 on: Dec 05, 2010, 05:34 AM »
JEEZ Reb, your no fun after somebody pee's in your cornflakes !!  ;D
FLAAAAGGGGGGG !!  :roflmao:
I'll see what we can put together for a F.O.E.A.O. Siggy.

Offline AltaIce

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • S.W. Calgary , Alberta
« Reply #53 on: Dec 05, 2010, 07:20 AM »
Hey all  :)

Hey Surf and Reb... sorry forgot to walk in with my Hip waiters on... LOL ...
and sorry too hear about your Cornflakes Reb.  That has gotta bite eh... they say that Breakfast is the most important meal of the day before I get skunked on the ICE... LOL ...

Hey " SurfLizard" !!
Here are a couple fast pics of fast build that I came up with yesterday and talking with you guys. It is ( for now) sitting on a returned old boat seat mount that I got for $5.66 in a Sale bin.

It will have to be moved if and when I carry my tent though.

8)

Offline AltaIce

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • S.W. Calgary , Alberta
« Reply #54 on: Dec 05, 2010, 07:29 AM »
no i got 3 others this will be number 4, going to sell the rest, also have a nills hand auger. I have way to much crap

Hey " Kchamp"
Holly cow man!!  4!!  ... LOL ... I think I just saw my future... LOL ... I have for now the 6" hand Ice Augur and now the new Gas powered one.
I hear Ya as far as getting toooo much crap. But Heck that is OK with me, a I am becoming my father and taking up the local Pack-Rat business. And... And... I say for now the Wife says it is Ok as it has given me something else to do other than sitting on the Couch. ... L ...

I think of those sweet , sweet, words she said when she said... " Now that you have a powered Ice Auger, you better get out there more often" .... It still brings a tear of Joy to my eye when I think of what she said .... LMBO ...

I have not got the room to store four augers at this point... although I have not told her of the extra waisted space we are not using in the bedroom at this time.... LOL..

Later Kchanp... Have a great day man. Be safe.

8)

Offline AltaIce

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • S.W. Calgary , Alberta
« Reply #55 on: Dec 05, 2010, 07:50 AM »
Hey all.

Went down yesterday morning to M.J. Mowers ( the local Stihl dealer) and picked up a 5 litre jerry can and my oil. They gave me there Premium Stihl two-stroke oil (with fuel stabilizer  50:1 100 ml bottles and I picked up a little extra package of Briggs and Stratton " fresh start" stabilizer to add to it.

I did ask the salesman if he thought I should ever go to a synthetic oil... and he said that I should not have too... BUT I think i'll run one or two 5 litre cans through it and look at the Synthetic route.

The Eskimo manual I have says to have it at 50:1 ratio as well as the side of the oil bottle.

8)

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #56 on: Dec 05, 2010, 10:58 AM »
[quote author=AltaIce link=topic=152698.msg1551673#msg1551673 date=1291557022

The Eskimo manual I have says to have it at 50:1 ratio as well as the side of the oil bottle.

8)
[/quote]

And that's what ya should keep it at!!!!! DON'T GO LEANER!!!!!...even if you do switch to a synthetic oil.  ;D

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #57 on: Dec 05, 2010, 11:00 AM »
AltaIce: Good thinkin'!!!!! That's a great looking holder!!! Should be just the ticket... ;)

surflizard

« Reply #58 on: Dec 05, 2010, 03:00 PM »
Alta, You amaze me every time I see that Cadillac of ice sleds, You're doing a great job on it ! Not to be a worry wart or anything, but with the power head up there where its mounted, does it make the sled tippy ?
                                                                                                               Surf

Offline icehead79

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #59 on: Dec 05, 2010, 03:23 PM »
just got a shark z51 today bass pro 329.00 with carrying case thought it was to good to pass up merry xmas to me tired of the had enough of the hand auger ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.