The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: F.O.E.A.O. Eskimo Auger owners Unite !  (Read 363400 times)

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
Re: F.O.E.A.O. Eskimo Auger owners Unite !
« Reply #2760 on: Feb 02, 2019, 11:10 AM »
Just so you know, I just bought the M51 (Used to be Z51) for $284 shipped from Walmart. Amazon has them also. They were made for Canada but Amazon and Walmart got some.
<===Lefty===

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2761 on: Feb 05, 2019, 04:46 PM »
Don't know if anyone else bought the M51 From Walmart or Amazon but at both places the price went up from $270 to $295.
<===Lefty===

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2762 on: Feb 07, 2019, 02:28 PM »
Got my M51 Today. Other than labels it looks like the Z51. Tried to register it and it isn't listed on their site to register. So I sent in the Warranty card instead. Put in some gas and it fired right up. Quieter than I remembered. One thing I did notice is it doesn't have the vented gas cap like the Z51 did.
<===Lefty===

Offline johnnyonspot

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: F.O.E.A.O. Eskimo Auger owners Unite ! (Barracuda Plus help)
« Reply #2763 on: Nov 24, 2019, 12:40 PM »
I will ignore the warning about posting in a topic after its been dead for over 120 days since this thread seems to be on point.  I have an Eskimo Barracuda Plus 10-inch auger I picked up used for a hundo a few years ago.  I love having the big ten inch holes for hauling in the giant fish I always seem to catch.   ;D  Anyway, the throttle assembly corroded and began to stick at WOT, which is great until the hole is done drilled.  So I disassembled it to clean it up but, the lesson of Hansel and Gretel lost on me, stupidly did not take pictures of the linkage assembly or draw a schematic for use in reassembly.  Would anyone out there with this model please be so kind as to post some close up shots from different angles of the throttle assembly from different angles, or point to a blown up schematic, so I can put this thing back together?  I hate to be forced to bring it to a shop since the repair would likely be as much as I paid for it, and its a great auger so I'd love to keep using it until it falls apart.

Offline Ice Scratcher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: F.O.E.A.O. Eskimo Auger owners Unite ! (Barracuda Plus help)
« Reply #2764 on: Nov 24, 2019, 06:14 PM »
I will ignore the warning about posting in a topic after its been dead for over 120 days since this thread seems to be on point.

This thread has pre approval for Zombie status, it's never dead, only resting during the off season..

<°)))>{

Offline ducks_overhead

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2765 on: Dec 26, 2019, 07:38 PM »
I’ve ran my mako 43cc for 5 years with zero maintenance. Unfortunately I hate to admit I’m terrible at taking care of this thing.I replaced the carb, fuel lines, spark plug and air filter today along with some fresh gas and it’s running great again! We shall see how it does this weekend  :tipup:

Offline desmobob

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I can't feel my toes...
« Reply #2766 on: Jan 17, 2020, 09:08 PM »
I need to get my Mako 43 out, gas her up, and get her ready to go.  We finally have some colder weather forecasted and it happens to arrive just after a forecasted 6" snowfall.  A decent snowfall + cold weather is usually the magic combination to get my favorite lake to finally freeze up when it's overdue!

Offline Troutsoup

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2767 on: Feb 18, 2020, 02:30 PM »
Hello all,  I have a Z71 Shark that since I have owned it does not like to drill when it gets much below zero. In a warm garage, you can turn the flights by hand easily. In  sub-zero temps, not so much. I have to put down pressure on the ice and slowly work the head back and forth, then throttle up a little see if it moves and try again. Basically trying to work it loose. After awhile of doing this, It will finally take off and drill like a screaming banshee, But, I can detect a faint burnt brake or clutch smell.  I called the wonderful folks at Ardisam and they thought I probably need a new clutch. I can't say enough about this company. They have been super helpful when I was experiencing a fuel leak on this same auger and also when I needed to rebuild my 10" ION X after an unfortunate incident.
   My question is, has anyone ever experienced it and is there a repair manual available? Or does someone possibly have a procedure? Thank you very much in advance for any help that anyone could offer.

Offline Wolley

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2768 on: Feb 18, 2020, 04:38 PM »
A few allen bolts and the gear box comes right off. Clutch is right there.

Offline Troutsoup

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2769 on: Feb 19, 2020, 07:17 AM »
Thank you for the help Wolley.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2770 on: Feb 19, 2020, 10:30 AM »
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Troutsoup

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2771 on: Feb 19, 2020, 01:56 PM »
That is exactly what I was hoping for! Thank you so much for the help. I wouldn't be in this fix of having to get my 2 stroke auger back in shape if I hadn't run over my ION with my snowmobile :'(. I really appreciate the help!

Offline desmobob

• Team IceShanty Regular
Fuel line and grommet kit for Eskimo
« Reply #2772 on: Feb 19, 2021, 04:31 AM »
Fuel line/grommet kit...

My Mako43 has started leaking through the grommet.  Does the fuel line/grommet kit solve the problem long term, or will it also start leaking in a couple of years?  If so, I might try glopping on a bunch of Shoe Goo sealant or something like that.

Thanks for any info,
Bob

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
Re: Fuel line and grommet kit for Eskimo
« Reply #2773 on: Feb 19, 2021, 03:25 PM »
Fuel line/grommet kit...

My Mako43 has started leaking through the grommet.  Does the fuel line/grommet kit solve the problem long term, or will it also start leaking in a couple of years?  If so, I might try glopping on a bunch of Shoe Goo sealant or something like that.

Thanks for any info,
Bob
Don't know the answer but I have that Shoe Goo on one of my Sorel boots now for the 3rd year and it worked great.
<===Lefty===

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #2774 on: Feb 19, 2021, 03:27 PM »
I would not use shoo goo i think gas and oil will eat it.seal all is product made for patching holes in gas tanks.ive used that with success with patching holes in a old gas tank.

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
« Reply #2775 on: Feb 19, 2021, 04:39 PM »
What are you people doing on our thread?  Are you F.O.E.A.O. certified?! Alta ice, come back!!! :roflmao:   :roflmao:

Put in a new grommet! Use silicone spray on grommet to keep it pliable. Good hardware stores have bins of grommets from small to huge. Don't use GOO on a GROMMET. Gotta keep it soft!
“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

Offline desmobob

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2776 on: Feb 19, 2021, 05:17 PM »
What are you people doing on our thread?  Are you F.O.E.A.O. certified?!

"You people"?   :-\  I joined back in December of 2017.  It was actually a friendly place then...  I guess it's changed.  I'll bow out.

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2777 on: Feb 19, 2021, 06:07 PM »
Lighten up, that's a joke, son.........! Read back to page one.....then some of the other pages. The other guys get it. Was aimed at Dr. and lefty, lotsa jokin' on here.  That's why the ROFLMAO emots were used....sorry you didn't see it that way.
Three of us started this thread in 2010 to help all folks with their augers. That's what it's here for and always will be. Gotta read the posts!

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #2778 on: Feb 19, 2021, 06:15 PM »
Lighten up, that's a joke, son.........! Read back to page one..... The other guys get it. Was aimed at Dr. and lefty, lotsa jokin' on here.  That's why ROFLMAO emots were used....Three of us started this thread in 2010 to help all folks with their augers. That's what it's here for and always will be. Gotta read the posts!
hey the guy was going to slather goo on it.lol why recommend doing the job right lol i just recommended the right goo.

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2779 on: Feb 19, 2021, 06:20 PM »
AHA! One of "those people!" A GOO Goblin! Don't you know, no goo can do for you?! I was waitin' for lefty to toss somethin' at me, but I bet he's out catchin' fish with his new gear....that came via USPS.  ;)

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2780 on: Feb 20, 2021, 06:20 AM »
What are you people doing on our thread?  Are you F.O.E.A.O. certified?! Alta ice, come back!!! :roflmao:   :roflmao:

Put in a new grommet! Use silicone spray on grommet to keep it pliable. Good hardware stores have bins of grommets from small to huge. Don't use GOO on a GROMMET. Gotta keep it soft!
Still waiting on the Surflizard to come back. No goo for you!
<===Lefty===

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2781 on: Feb 20, 2021, 06:26 AM »
AHA! One of "those people!" A GOO Goblin! Don't you know, no goo can do for you?! I was waitin' for lefty to toss somethin' at me, but I bet he's out catchin' fish with his new gear....that came via USPS.  ;)
No this idiot ordered something else through the USPS. It arrives April 4th. Thankfully it isn't Ice gear. Just some memory SD cards. I guess I wasn't thinking when I posted Shoe goo for a gas tank. Yeah that ain't happening. I once used some 2 part Jb weld on a Oil cover. Worked out pretty good.

And Rebelss no Memory jokes.
<===Lefty===

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2782 on: Feb 20, 2021, 07:37 AM »
No this idiot ordered something else through the USPS. It arrives April 4th. Thankfully it isn't Ice gear. Just some memory SD cards. I guess I wasn't thinking when I posted Shoe goo for a gas tank. Yeah that ain't happening. I once used some 2 part Jb weld on a Oil cover. Worked out pretty good.

And Rebelss no Memory jokes.

.... ??? What were we talking about?  :roflmao:

April 4th?!!?!!?!  Hey, my "overnite" pkg from Fed-Ex still hasn't moved in 2 days. Grrrrr........... :%$#!:

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2783 on: Feb 20, 2021, 08:28 AM »
.... ??? What were we talking about?  :roflmao:

April 4th?!!?!!?!  Hey, my "overnite" pkg from Fed-Ex still hasn't moved in 2 days. Grrrrr........... :%$#!:
Took the last package 14 days to move out of NJ.
<===Lefty===

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.