Author Topic: frozen perch  (Read 3808 times)

Offline minnow man

• IceShanty Rookie
frozen perch
« on: Jan 17, 2011, 01:08 PM »
after fishing all day your fish are froze is it ok thaw then filet them and refreeze your filets  if so how long can you keep them????? :o

ICE REBEL

Re: frozen perch
« Reply #1 on: Jan 17, 2011, 05:51 PM »
I do it all the time and never had any problems. I was a handi-vac and the longest i had fish in the freezer was a year. I took them out thawed them out and cooked them no problems there either. They were just as good as if i just put them in the freezer the day before. Hope this helps you. Good luck!!!

Offline icejumper

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 21, 2011, 05:58 AM »
Just a tip  during the day keep fish covered with snow keeps them from freezing.Also have never had any problems cleaning frozen fish and refreezing. :icefish: 

Offline Rubicon

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 22, 2011, 11:51 AM »
I agree half the time when we get home and start cleaning most of them come back and start flopping all over, never had a problem except from trying to eat to much! ;D
"TEACH A KID TO FISH", "IT WILL BRING BACK MEMORIES"

Offline Swift

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 22, 2011, 11:57 AM »
Rarely last long enough around here to worry about re-freezing ;D. Frozen without any air touching the meat will last awhile, vac sealed or covered in water, months easily

Offline waterwolf42

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 23, 2011, 06:49 PM »
Yea, I agree with all the post above, should not be a problem at all.  I actually prefer to clean the fish if they are frozen up a little.  Makes it easier in my opinion.
rippin' lips one fish at a time 

Offline Tubedragger

• IceShanty Rookie
  • "Oohh... that's a gooden"
« Reply #6 on: Jan 29, 2011, 07:11 PM »
I will usually leave my Saturday catch of perch in the garage over night so they firm up and clean them with my Sunday catch. That way I only make a mess of the kitchen once.  I also think they are faster and easier to clean that way and have never had a problem refreezing them. I always put some water in the freezer bag with the fillets. They always taste fresh and tasty.

Offline jopes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Jan 31, 2011, 11:32 PM »
I put them on a stringer and back down another hole so they don't freeze up.  It also doesn't let them get slimey
Don

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.