Author Topic: paying it forward  (Read 97617 times)

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
Re: paying it forward
« Reply #420 on: Mar 07, 2018, 10:50 AM »
pm me your address.

Offline WolfPack1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #421 on: Mar 07, 2018, 11:05 AM »
Just the fact that AZbassernCO is taking out his seven-year-old fishing is enough for me. Too bad he didn’t follow through on the auger, but I’m sure once he gets back on the site he will make it right. Who knows, maybe he’s a married man and made a promise that he couldn’t keep because of his other half. Maybe money is tight? Maybe he does not have a ice  where he is at and that is the reason he has not been on the Shanty a little while. He hasn’t logged in since January 25. I don’t see anything in the rules of this thread that because you  received something that you should have to pay it forward by giving something else in return. Cool to do that, absolutely. I just don’t think it’s right to throw a guy under the bus when he might have made an honest mistake. Getting tired of reading about it frankly.  A few months ago, I had several packages ready to send out to different guys on the site and my wife said we didn’t have the money at the time. So the packages sat on the counter until we did. Life happens. Rant over. While I’m on here though I guess I could put a package of open water Lures together for  three individuals who claim them. I will put four Rapala type crank baits in a package for the first three to reply and get them out as soon as I can afford the postage. LOL

I would most definitely be interested! I don’t fish a lot with crankbaits for bass in the summer as they are a little expensive for me haha! Once I can get around to it back home (off at college),I’ll see if I can put something together for someone

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #422 on: Mar 07, 2018, 11:09 AM »
Shoot me your address Wolf. Package coming your way. Thanks!

Offline WolfPack1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #423 on: Mar 07, 2018, 11:14 AM »
Shoot me your address Wolf. Package coming your way. Thanks!

Will do! Thank you for the opportunity. I believe I have a couple bags of Powerbait that I won’t be using anytime soon, so when I get back to them I can check it out. Too busy here!

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #424 on: Mar 07, 2018, 11:23 AM »
jigs are spoken for and going to johnny5dime.

Offline Just a random icefisherma

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #425 on: Mar 07, 2018, 12:22 PM »
I know it's not much, but it's all I can give. I got these in a bag of jigs that I ordered, and have no use for them. If you want them, PM me your address and I can mail them to you. Some Dave's Wedgees thing that I assume goes on a panfish or finesse jig.

Plastics are spoken for
"I love the freedoms we got in this country, I appreciate your freedom to burn your flag if you want to, but I really appreciate my right to bear arms so I can shoot you if you try to burn mine."
-Johnny Cash

Offline TheCaveman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #426 on: Mar 07, 2018, 02:21 PM »
im so sorry about posting the thing about the address for the guy who apparently grabbed and ran, i didnt realize he was taking a 7 year old out and might be short on cash, i should have done some more research into it, honest mistake...
~Good Luck~

Offline TheCaveman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #427 on: Mar 07, 2018, 02:24 PM »
got some jigs i can put up, first pm takes them, few clam jigs, caviar drops, some clam spoons, 2 that rattle and 2 that have gold colored flake on the back, and about 5 or so extra non glow tungstens, few are teardrop shaped and the rest are long and slender, first pm takes them
~Good Luck~

Offline Fishinboy123

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #428 on: Mar 07, 2018, 02:24 PM »
got some jigs i can put up, first pm takes them, few clam jigs, caviar drops, some clam spoons, 2 that rattle and 2 that have gold colored flake on the back, and about 5 or so extra non glow tungstens, few are teardrop shaped and the rest are long and slender, first pm takes them

ill take them caveman, sent u a pm

Offline TheCaveman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #429 on: Mar 07, 2018, 02:25 PM »

sounds good
~Good Luck~

Offline Philip

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #430 on: Mar 07, 2018, 04:46 PM »

Made an account just to grab some free Jigs?  ::)
Team Comfy Skunks

Offline Light liner

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Rather be judged by 12 then carried by 6.
« Reply #431 on: Mar 07, 2018, 05:18 PM »

Good catch.
Champlain
Memphremagog

Offline ActiveTrapChecker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #432 on: Mar 07, 2018, 05:50 PM »

A lot of people join ice Shanty at the end of the fishing season...

Offline ajv5148

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Team Treehouse
« Reply #433 on: Mar 07, 2018, 09:41 PM »
Looks like he made it this morning, before the post, and somehow lucked into finding this thread. Took me weeks to figure out how this forum worked! Welcome

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #434 on: Mar 07, 2018, 09:49 PM »
Likely a guest until he saw the post...

Offline wirenut45

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #435 on: Mar 08, 2018, 05:55 AM »
  Fishinboy123, welcome to the shanty. you,,ll enjoy this site, good ol, boys on here. can answer most every question you have about icing. what kind of fish you after? how long you been icing? area you from? don,t be shy, ,n, join the talk about any subject. again, welcome, wire

Offline TheCaveman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #436 on: Mar 08, 2018, 10:03 AM »

Im really hoping he just lucked out because i sent the jigs on there way this morning and that he is planning on giving something to someone else later, but it would be my fault because i didnt think to look at their profile to see they only started it just then
~Good Luck~

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #437 on: Mar 08, 2018, 10:38 AM »
and it would defeat the spirit of "paying it forward" if you didn't send the item until confirmation the recipient has paid it forward or at least offered something

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #438 on: Mar 08, 2018, 10:48 AM »
yeah when I pay it forward I don't keep track of how long a person has been a member or if they pay it forward themselves but when I get something from this thread I always feel I need to give something back.i really don't care for some of the detective work and comments in here keeping track of who is getting what or giving..lets keep this thread positive!

Offline tbern

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #439 on: Mar 08, 2018, 10:54 AM »
yeah when I pay it forward I don't keep track of how long a person has been a member or if they pay it forward themselves but when I get something from this thread I always feel I need to give something back.i really don't care for some of the detective work and comments in here keeping track of who is getting what or giving..lets keep this thread positive!
.   +1

Offline FG Steve

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #440 on: Mar 08, 2018, 11:51 AM »

+2
 Happiness is a wife who can outfish you.

Offline TheCaveman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #441 on: Mar 08, 2018, 02:19 PM »

yeah, thats kind of why i offered up the 30+ dollars of jigs and spoons, a) because i had no need for them and b) because i got the soft plastics off of someone and figured id rather pay it forward with something rather big than something small, but hey either way theyre sent by now and i dont feel bad that they may have taken advantage of the system, but whatever, it doesnt matter, lets just keep it positive and try and be honest
~Good Luck~

Offline maddogg

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #442 on: Mar 09, 2018, 08:15 AM »

Keep the thread positive by paying it forward that is the premise of this thread.

Offline Philip

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #443 on: Mar 09, 2018, 11:02 AM »
Didn't mean to bring any negativity in here, just an observation. I'll be looking at stuff to send out once I start packing everything up for summer. Though I may not have much as this is my first year fishing/icefishing. Looking forward to next season already  ;)
Team Comfy Skunks

Offline Johnny5dime

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #444 on: Mar 09, 2018, 11:05 AM »
Does anyone have cabelas bucks or a 20% they don't plan on using?

I'm looking to purchase 500 dollars worth of stuff.

Thanks!

Offline WolfPack1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #445 on: Mar 09, 2018, 11:12 AM »
Does anyone have cabelas bucks or a 20% they don't plan on using?

I'm looking to purchase 500 dollars worth of stuff.

Thanks!

I had asked a few days ago, doesn’t seem like Cabelas has anything out at the moment. However, highly recommend the $100 gift cards for $80 on eBay!

Offline TheCaveman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #446 on: Mar 13, 2018, 05:43 PM »
Got the soft plastics from just a random icefisherman today!, already put the rest of the gear away but ill save em for next year
~Good Luck~

Offline Just a random icefisherma

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #447 on: Mar 17, 2018, 12:43 PM »
Bump
"I love the freedoms we got in this country, I appreciate your freedom to burn your flag if you want to, but I really appreciate my right to bear arms so I can shoot you if you try to burn mine."
-Johnny Cash

Offline ajv5148

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Team Treehouse
« Reply #448 on: Mar 28, 2018, 09:07 PM »
Bump
Clean out your stuff from the season and get rid of something you don't use! You'll feel good and it's a great excuse to use on the wife when you buy something new

Offline SHaRPS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #449 on: Mar 29, 2018, 08:15 AM »
I should be rotating my gear this weekend and will post some goodies.
Just add water.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.