New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD  (Read 1339177 times)

Offline hot tuna

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD
« Reply #750 on: Feb 16, 2013, 06:34 PM »
nice fish,
hope they were keepers..

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #751 on: Feb 16, 2013, 06:35 PM »
nice lakers BML and IW

ol man you aught to be close to 100 by now ?
            Getting up there, I believe I'm @ 87!

Offline JAGER61

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #752 on: Feb 16, 2013, 06:40 PM »
Great job out there today Jeremy and Crew! Great pics!

Offline mealworm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • summer sucks
« Reply #753 on: Feb 16, 2013, 06:40 PM »
Nice lets go Friday! I think we need a challenge!  ;D
can't promise anything gotta get the kids out 1 day of the 3 so have to pick the best weather day for them

Offline step2jimi

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #754 on: Feb 16, 2013, 06:41 PM »
all the ones I get to chase seem to stop chasing long before the get that high....keep tryin I guess.

Offline TC5

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #755 on: Feb 16, 2013, 06:48 PM »
great pictures guys great numbers. tc5

Offline coldfish

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #756 on: Feb 16, 2013, 07:19 PM »
nice lakers

Offline JAGER61

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #757 on: Feb 16, 2013, 07:20 PM »
A tip I've earned, imagine you're a wounded baitfish.  Sometimes they'll chase hard, others you need to change it up. Do what you'd think a dying smelt is doing....  ;)

Right on Jon!

Offline nypike

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • ALL THROUGH THE ICE!!!
« Reply #758 on: Feb 16, 2013, 07:33 PM »
you guys are stacking them up down there, nice.  Got 12 today between 4 of us on Tupper and that was a stellar day..
If you consider it a sport to gather your food by drilling through 36 inches of ice and sitting there all day hoping that the food will swim by, you might live in northern New York

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v17/camofish/IceShantyStuff/walleye22013_zpsbe2b0c13.png

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #759 on: Feb 16, 2013, 07:53 PM »
            Getting up there, I believe I'm @ 87!
            I have to make a correction to my total, I have 77.

Offline onewhitestone

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #760 on: Feb 16, 2013, 08:12 PM »
I have never fished lake george, where can I go for lakers that I dont have to walk for miles?  Would like to give it a try while there is safe ice.  Thanks.

Offline older042

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #761 on: Feb 16, 2013, 08:51 PM »
nobody is going to believe this but today one of the guys had one chase all the way to the top and actually came out of the hole on to the ice he did not even know it was chasing and he almost fell off this bucket scared the crap out of him
New York

Offline mealworm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • summer sucks
« Reply #762 on: Feb 16, 2013, 09:04 PM »
nobody is going to believe this but today one of the guys had one chase all the way to the top and actually came out of the hole on to the ice he did not even know it was chasing and he almost fell off this bucket scared the crap out of him
that happened to a buddy of mine bout 10years ago,guy reeled up so fast a laker shot rite up in his hole a little kick with the and the laker landed on the ice.pretty neat to watch

Offline gsl10

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #763 on: Feb 16, 2013, 09:06 PM »
Hoping some of you guys can help us out. My son (12) and I are heading up this Monday and Tuesday, were normally going for pike and crappie so lakers are going to be a challenge. My big question is where is the safest ice on the lake that we can possibly get into them, and are the 4 wheelers out there or should we leave it home. If anyone is feeling like throwing some tip out there it would be appreciated. Thanks.

Offline phantom jigger

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #764 on: Feb 16, 2013, 09:28 PM »
Limit on perch by 7:30 got a couple 24-27 "Lakers  going for  the money fish in am.GREAT BITE TODAY.

Offline adksmitty

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #765 on: Feb 16, 2013, 11:03 PM »
Wow , everyone is doing great. Nice pics. Need to get some some perch sooner or later. Just hard to put the laker rod down.

Offline mealworm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • summer sucks
« Reply #766 on: Feb 17, 2013, 02:56 AM »
Wow , everyone is doing great. Nice pics. Need to get some some perch sooner or later. Just hard to put the laker rod down.
i know the feelling.idk what it is i just cant get away from the lakers this year, only been perch fishing twice ,i really need to stock up too,plenty of time left i guess maybe i can get after some with the kiddos next week

Hoping some of you guys can help us out. My son (12) and I are heading up this Monday and Tuesday, were normally going for pike and crappie so lakers are going to be a challenge. My big question is where is the safest ice on the lake that we can possibly get into them, and are the 4 wheelers out there or should we leave it home. If anyone is feeling like throwing some tip out there it would be appreciated. Thanks.
try heathstone camp ground nice short walk from the parking lot to good laker fishing,dont be afraid to move around the whole area there move away from the masses of people too work your way north or to the south or just keep moving cross the lake try white silver or gold sweedish pimples and a flasher is a big help if you have 1

Offline wec

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #767 on: Feb 17, 2013, 03:46 AM »
Great first day on the King, thanks jager61, ship of fools, ice wander and combsey.  First day of double digit lakers for me, 17-25 inches.  Got a terrible headache from a fall on the ice at the end of the day, but the best day on the ice ever.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #768 on: Feb 17, 2013, 05:04 AM »
Great first day on the King, thanks jager61, ship of fools, ice wander and combsey.  First day of double digit lakers for me, 17-25 inches.  Got a terrible headache from a fall on the ice at the end of the day, but the best day on the ice ever.
            You gotta watch it out there, clear ice not much traction w/out creepers. I know up where you are from you probably have snow on the ice. I hope your headache is goes away, if it doesn't you should have it checked out, look what happened to Hilliary Clinton from a fall.

Offline bluemountainlaker

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • my fish was bigger than yours
« Reply #769 on: Feb 17, 2013, 05:15 AM »
it looks like a steller day for everyone!! ive never seen fish chase so hard as they did today! i was marking 3-4 fish on a screen in the early morning. then at 10 it turned off to maybe marking 1 fish every 30 miniuts. green prisum # 7 swedish pimple was what was working for me. alos got 2 on a yellow buckshot. fish liked 60-65 feet of water out on nw bay. perchers were not getting anything but lakers! they all left by 11. saw a guy who left his tip-ups in the water all night long and didnt show up until almost 8 am! he had 5 flags up when i got there. i kindley let him now you cant do that! especially on tournament day! and then the guy threated a old man cause the old guy wanted to call dec on him. this guy wanted to beat up a 75 year old man because he told the guy that leaving yout tip-ups unatended for 12 hours is illegal!  and to top it all of he said he does this all the time! so me and the old man old guy i met told the guy if we see this again we will call dec and have them explain it to you. he aslo had a 9 year old with him who was complaining to his dad that he couldent get the flag outa thew hole cause there was 3 inches of ice in the hole. sorry rants over but it put a sour taste in my mouth!

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #770 on: Feb 17, 2013, 05:26 AM »
i would have if i had the number! i just put it into my phone!

Offline ejp419

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #771 on: Feb 17, 2013, 05:32 AM »
I keep all 4 DEC officers', in my area, phone number on me at all times. I don't argue with people. I just call. I've gotten into a few confrontation (not over fish, but deer hunting) thru the years. I'm getting old and don't need it. Just let ENCON do their job.....

Offline JAGER61

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #772 on: Feb 17, 2013, 05:35 AM »
Glad your OK Bill and made home safe. Was quite the bump on the 'ole squash yesterday! As long as you told the Wife. That it was Ship's idea to come out here everything's cool! Congrats on the PB! We're heading onto the ice now!

Mike

Offline combsey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • take a friend fishing
« Reply #773 on: Feb 17, 2013, 05:51 AM »
Remember to send me some pics mike since I'm stuck at work. 
proud supporter of P. E. T. A.
(People Eating Tasty Animals)

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #774 on: Feb 17, 2013, 05:59 AM »
a good day blind was 3 or 4 fish in a few hours. now its 3 or 4 fish in 15 miniuts on a good day! i think we may have to but another flasher! its tough sharing 1 with 3 people. every time i hooked a fish i see my brother run over pull the ducer and then leave with the vex!

Offline regaffed

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #775 on: Feb 17, 2013, 06:40 AM »
fished there friday,walked out to the point ,no flags!talked to a couple guys on the way out and they werent having much luck either.o well thats fishing.would like to try again somewhere in a different location.

Offline combsey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • take a friend fishing
« Reply #776 on: Feb 17, 2013, 07:13 AM »
3-4 fish in 15 minutes.     I don't think jobs that good
proud supporter of P. E. T. A.
(People Eating Tasty Animals)

Offline Bussman

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #777 on: Feb 17, 2013, 08:01 AM »
Planning on fishing lake George one day this week depending on wind reports. Traveling from the Plattsburgh area. I will have my 12 and 15 year old boys as well as my wife with me. May or may not be pulling the 4 wheeler because of the various reports on ice. If anyone is interested in fishing with us PM me.

Offline mike304

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #778 on: Feb 17, 2013, 08:02 AM »
i would have if i had the number! i just put it into my phone!
here are the ECO's for Lake George.
ECO Louis Gerrain    (518) 925-5560
ECO George LaPoint    (518) 793-3767
ECO Stephen delaRosa    (518) 527-1101
A Government big enough to do anything for us is powerful enough to do anything to us!!!
All That Is Needed For Evil To Succeed Is For Good Men To Do Nothing!
Life is Tough, Its even tougher if you're Stupid!!

Offline EasternCentralNY21

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Love The Great Outdoors
« Reply #779 on: Feb 17, 2013, 08:03 AM »
lol i was not expecting the laker at huddle yesterday the bite was on fire though... after we left we took a ride down to ft ann beach to check it out we never fished there but it looks pretty good... probably see you guys out there sometime

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.