New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: First cutting of NY ice after Wyo state  (Read 492 times)

Offline Siouxfish

• IceShanty Rookie
First cutting of NY ice after Wyo state
« on: Feb 07, 2021, 12:43 PM »
Four days up on Chaumont Bay (2 overnights in Shanty) with Jersey bro-in-law.  Perch-lots, Walleye-1.

Really want to get out on Sodus this week.  I have the whole week free.  Never been on ice there.  Don’t have a partner/mentor.  At the least, id like some info for walkin/parking. I AM aware that Davenport’s is great.  Without knowing anything I am interested in the dropoff west of Eagle.  No info other than the maps i live in and a Navionics app.
Thanks, Mark U.
“ My Biggest worry is that when I'm dead and gone, my wife will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it.”
                            🤷‍♂️🎣

Offline BeenPerchin315

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yes. There will be ice and I will fish it.
Re: First cutting of NY ice after Wyo state
« Reply #1 on: Feb 07, 2021, 06:58 PM »
You will find lots of perch in Sodus. Most will prolly be dinks unless your lucky enough to fall on the adult school. Walleyes prolly not but hey you never know. And pike can be found almost everywhere don’t always pick up a keeper but that’s a lot better chance then eyes.
There are big parking issues and access issues this year due to construction, aerators, and bite holes! Parking disappears very fast most places but near connleys cove area is a decent size parking area, east side of bay. Long walk to the trench maybe 1.5 or so. A closer try I haven’t hit in many years is the drop off from s. Eagle island toward mainland.
Good luck.
Tight lines
Perchin.
Disclaimer:
I make statements based on my experiences in the location I fished only. Check ice conditions for yourself.
Stay safe. Tight lines.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.